[Rejected] Add/fix Essence of Wintergrasp

Cover25

[Rejected] Add/fix Essence of Wintergrasp

#1 » Post by Cover25 » 21 Oct 2012 01:13

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=57940
http://www.wowhead.com/news=59766/now-that-im-80

Seeing how both factions have access to VOA, and the WG benefits, they should get the other benefit, this buff. + It helps leveling (It was on retail, and is blizzlike).

Sanity

Re: Add/fix Essence of Wintergrasp

#2 » Post by Sanity » 21 Oct 2012 01:17

Of course not, that's a reward for a faction when they've won wintergrasp. Since no battles are being fought, no rewards are being earned. Leveling is shit easy already anyway, especially with heirlooms...

Cover25

#3 » Post by Cover25 » 21 Oct 2012 01:19

Sanity wrote:Of course not, that's a reward for a faction when they've won wintergrasp. Since no battles are being fought, no rewards are being earned. Leveling is shit easy already anyway, especially with heirlooms...
If that's the case, then why do we have VoA open? Why are the elementals there? Why are the NPCs there?

Doctor_J
Developer

#4 » Post by Doctor_J » 21 Oct 2012 01:24

hmm is Wintergrasp still on PTR, as think if wintergrasp being opened is in the neat future no more wintergrasp benefits should be added.

Anyway this buff gives the following benefits

* Increased XP (as already stated)
* Allows Stone Keepers shards to be collected from bosses in Northrend dungeons & heroics
* Allows you to see and farm the greater revenants and mature lashers in wintergrasp for easier farming of eternals

but as said if wintergrasp is possibly getting to a state where it could be opened don't think anything should be done with this.

Cover25

#5 » Post by Cover25 » 21 Oct 2012 01:26

Doctor_J wrote:hmm is Wintergrasp still on PTR, as think if wintergrasp being opened is in the neat future no more wintergrasp benefits should be added.

Anyway this buff gives the following benefits

* Increased XP (as already stated)
* Allows Stone Keepers shards to be collected from bosses in Northrend dungeons & heroics
* Allows you to see and farm the greater revenants and mature lashers in wintergrasp for easier farming of eternals

but as said if wintergrasp is possibly getting to a state where it could be opened don't think anything should be done with this.
Wintergrasp, despite the many improvements, is still a far, far ways off. This should be added like the rest of the WG Benefits.

Sanity

#6 » Post by Sanity » 21 Oct 2012 01:26

Cover25 wrote:
Sanity wrote:Of course not, that's a reward for a faction when they've won wintergrasp. Since no battles are being fought, no rewards are being earned. Leveling is shit easy already anyway, especially with heirlooms...
If that's the case, then why do we have VoA open? Why are the elementals there? Why are the NPCs there?
I hope you're not honestly comparing a raid and a lousy 5% experience gain here... Are you?

Cover25

#7 » Post by Cover25 » 21 Oct 2012 01:27

Sanity wrote:
Cover25 wrote:
I hope you're not honestly comparing a raid and a 5% experience gain here... Are you?
I don't see the harm that this would cause.

Sanity

#8 » Post by Sanity » 21 Oct 2012 01:30

Cover25 wrote:
Sanity wrote:
Cover25 wrote: If that's the case, then why do we have VoA open? Why are the elementals there? Why are the NPCs there?
I hope you're not honestly comparing a raid and a 5% experience gain here... Are you?
Nor do I see a proper justification for an unnecessary unblizzlike feature.

Cover25

#9 » Post by Cover25 » 21 Oct 2012 01:32

Sanity wrote:
Cover25 wrote:I hope you're not honestly comparing a raid and a 5% experience gain here... Are you?
Nor do I see a proper justification for an unnecessary unblizzlike feature.[/quote]

Unblizzlike feature? Tell me how blizzlike VoA for everyone is, and the vendors ALL being there, or the elementals ALL bein there.

Sanity

#10 » Post by Sanity » 21 Oct 2012 01:48

Cover25 wrote:
Sanity wrote:
Cover25 wrote:I hope you're not honestly comparing a raid and a 5% experience gain here... Are you?
Nor do I see a proper justification for an unnecessary unblizzlike feature.
Unblizzlike feature? Tell me how blizzlike VoA for everyone is, and the vendors ALL being there, or the elementals ALL bein there.[/quote]
Patronized by your wild claims I flew over Wintergrasp on live and noticed no Mature Lashers, nor any other elemental revanants during my brief flight. Either you're misinformed on the elemental part, or my eyesight is fading. After the Mature Lashers, I checked "The Cauldron of Flames" where a couple fire revanants should be present, but they too appeared to be on farm without any active players nearby.

About the vendors and the VoA raid you're entirely right. It's unblizzlike. Those should only be available for a while after the WG battle was won. However, assuming pure blizzlikeness and balance (come on, VoA is a quick farm raid), the only difference would be there being a timer on when both the raid and the vendor would be available.

Assuming perfect balance, there would be a 2.5% experience gain for both factions, more or less contant. (perhaps even less, I'm not sure if this buff is active during WG battles). Assuming balance, then this isn't sure as hell even close to 5% experience gain for both factions.

To get to the point, finally. Why increase experience rates? If people wanted to level faster, they'd probably play on 2x+ rates servers, not on 1x blizzlike. I see no reason to move from 1x blizzlike to 1.05% blizzlike because of some temporary aura.

Cover25

#11 » Post by Cover25 » 21 Oct 2012 01:54

So what you're saying is, it's ok for all the other UNBLIZZLIKE stuff to be there, because it's already there but you won't add this buff? I'm sorry but if you want to keep it "blizzlike" then remove all of the other WG things. and are you seriously complaining about a 0.05 increase in xp?....

Sanity

#12 » Post by Sanity » 21 Oct 2012 02:02

Cover25 wrote:So what you're saying is, it's ok for all the other UNBLIZZLIKE stuff to be there, because it's already there but you won't add this buff? I'm sorry but if you want to keep it "blizzlike" then remove all of the other WG things. and are you seriously complaining about a 0.05 increase in xp?....
Sanity wrote:Nor do I see a proper justification for an unnecessary unblizzlike feature.
  • Your mentioned elementals don't exist.
  • VoA raid a necessary evil, imho.
  • Vendors should be accessible every now and then. The mechanics malfunctioning is being made up for by permanently/manually spawning them.
  • ...?
Any proper reason for a 5% server-wide experience gain, where it would, if working, be averagely equal to or under 2.5% and more or less neglectable?

Cover25

#13 » Post by Cover25 » 21 Oct 2012 02:07

1. Elementals were there until recently.
2. VOA isn't necessary, period.
3. They should be yes, however currently they are there PERMANENTLY, making the argument moot.
4. You're only looking at the leveling side of things, the 80s use this to get the shards

Sanity

#14 » Post by Sanity » 21 Oct 2012 02:19

Cover25 wrote:1. Elementals were there until recently.
Sadly I don't know much of the history of things on truewow. However, the spawning of those elementals is merely a farming thing. There's many more ways to obtain the benefits given from those.
Cover25 wrote: 2. VOA isn't necessary, period.
Try justifying closing it to the server, I dare you.
Cover25 wrote: 3. They should be yes, however currently they are there PERMANENTLY, making the argument moot.
No comments, more or less irrelevant
Cover25 wrote: 4. You're only looking at the leveling side of things, the 80s use this to get the shards
May have something to do with my not being 100% informed. It's super easy to insert into the loot tables a 50% chance of receiving stonekeepers shards, which would be entirely conform the point you're highlighting with this sentence.

Still, with no WG being played, adding the buff itself (and the benefits) would be... More or less awkard. Assuming WG still isn't nearly ready, we'll probably have to go with some middle way

Cover25

#15 » Post by Cover25 » 21 Oct 2012 02:23

I was the person who got VOA opened, I was in no way saying it needed to be shut down, but saying it's not necessary. To the point about the shards, i'd be happy with meeting you in the middle.