How do you think about our staff? Review our staff here.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

How do you think about our staff? Review our staff here.

#1 » Post by Kindzadza » 18 Oct 2012 15:46

You can review all staff members in this NEW topic as the previous one had so many off-topic and flaming posts.You can write pros and cons about any staff member from moderators to admins.You can provide screenshots and anything else as well.

The rules are simple,moderators shouldn't post here and if you don't review a staff member then don't post at all.

Royal

Re: How do you think about our staff? Review our staff here.

#2 » Post by Royal » 18 Oct 2012 18:08

If you cant manage the other topic correctly, what makes you think you will manage this one correctly? Are you gonna keep locking it over and over again? Believe it or not that topic as a whole still serves its purpose from page one and i wouldn't think that going thru multiple topics of the same purpose when trying to look something up is a good way to find info on things. You could have simply removed the posts that were not appropriate, warned/punished those that made those posts accordingly, and avoid doing this...whatever this is supposed to be.

Is this is your best when it comes too being an authority on the forums, after a year or more of being a GM, lock and pretend its not there?

I would be ashamed if someone would chase me off my workspace like that, even more if it were the likes of Darchow and Narcissa.

And before you try arguing with me about me going off topic here, no i'm not, questioning one of your actions as a staff member can be considered a review.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Kindzadza » 18 Oct 2012 18:19

This was my idea,but I didn't this all by myself..The rest of the staff agreed and this topic was created just so we don't have to delete over 1000 posts.
Royal wrote:Is this is your best when it comes too being an authority on the forums, after a year or more of being a GM, lock and pretend its not there?
What is there Royal,tell me? Every review has been handled before I locked that topic.And why you are considering my action bad of just creating a new topic for new staff and for new policies? Noone likes old,believe it or not.

Royal

#4 » Post by Royal » 18 Oct 2012 18:53

And what is so new about this topic? You said it yourself in your first post, this topic serves the EXACT same purpose as the last one, just that the other one got too many off topic posts for you to handle, and no, you dont need to delete over 1000 posts, those are parts of old conversations about staff members too, they might not all be here anymore, but thats no reason to clean it up completly, if it was meant to be done like that, Roel would have cleaned the topic from day one, all you needed to do, was clean up the non-review flaming that was going on and deal with it accordingly, but if the staff as a whole agreed to lock it and kick it aside, they i applaud you all.
creating a new topic for new staff and for new policies?
So each time we get a new mod you are gonna lock the topic and make a new one cause the staff will also be new then? And where are the old policys written in the ''old'' topic? Oh ill tell you where they are written, in the rules and policys section on the main page. The topic was just for reviews and it served its purpose, and it would have served it still if you displayed some proper authority, how many times did you say ''please stop going off topic'' and did nothing about it?
And why you are considering my action bad of just creating a new topic for new staff and for new policies?
It makes the staff as a whole look lazy and incompetent to deal with a argument in a topic that should be used more professionally then any other on this forums.
Noone likes old,believe it or not.
You are old staff too, so.... :|

Anyhow you already did what you did so whatever, you have to manage this forums not me, so why should i care if you look weak, you dont seem bothered with it, but as i said, i would be ashamed to be chased off like that.

Heihachi
Developer

#5 » Post by Heihachi » 18 Oct 2012 19:45

Kindzadza wrote:You can review all staff members in this NEW topic as the previous one had so many off-topic and flaming posts.
Started already and about a new topic O.o
Kindzadza wrote: The rules are simple,moderators shouldn't post here and if you don't review a staff member then don't post at all.
This rule isnt being followed D:

Reviewing the more tech stuff

sanity and doctor have been some good staff members. With the opening of HoR thanks to sanity and a ton of fixes from doctor i think they are great additions to the team. Keep up the good work guys :)

Bluebell
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Bluebell » 18 Oct 2012 19:48

I would just like clarification, for other people's benefit. If Mods aren't allowed to post here, but GMs can review staff (see above), does this mean that Mods cannot review staff?
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Aezshara

#7 » Post by Aezshara » 18 Oct 2012 19:50

/target Royal
/shoo Royal

Shhhhhh Royal i epected better of you haha. Though i agree with you on deleting the posts on the last thread. I can agree that is has become irrelevant with all the flaming posts etc and i also think that all the flaming posts etc "could" give a negative look on the staff for new players checking out the forums.

I can agree Kindzadza on having to make a new thread and "freshen" things up a little. Once in a while the forums need to be cleaned up anyways so yeah... shit happens. Though i have to say that the staff might've made a poll about this for the players to comment on. The whole history of the previous thread contributes to the difficulties the server or staff had etc. So there's my little "review". I'd love to see the staff communicating a bit more with the players through the forums about it.

Good job overall by the old staffers. Haven't seen much promising by those i barely know.

Aezshara

#8 » Post by Aezshara » 18 Oct 2012 19:52

@Bluebell

As far as i know the staff has a secret forum section for reviewing each other. This thread is mainly used for the community to comment on moderator's actions etc and the GM's are the ones that usually look into these issues. That is of course when there is an issue.

Though i have to say the staff barely followed the rule of not posting on the last thread :P But that's beyond me at this point haha.

Doctor_J
Developer

#9 » Post by Doctor_J » 18 Oct 2012 19:56

Can we keep this topic for staff reviews please.

If you want to carry on this conversation please make a new thread on forum, but please only post here if you want to actually review a member of staff.

Thank You

Cover25

#10 » Post by Cover25 » 18 Oct 2012 21:53

Must say, I've noticed Rag taking charge as a staff member. I like to see these types of things. Very good work Rag, keep it up.

Etro
Honorary Member

#11 » Post by Etro » 19 Oct 2012 07:08

Hello, i'm going to talk about what happened here:

I must say that i like that rule, because in previous servers i've been, that type of jokes are all over the chats almost always, making my ignoring list huge. This is the sixth day since i started playing here and i haven't had to ignore anyone yet, which is quite a record for me. But i couldn't avoid not remembering seeing that rule written anywhere in the forums nor the website, so i came here to check and it really isn't here. So i wonder, how are the new players supposed to know?

Regarding the moderator Leon: if you ask me i'd say he was acting a little bit rude, while trying to cut off the conversation, he was daring Oendo to review him in here, and he kinda threatened to crush his review with showing the logs. I mean, i know this is a diminute thing to review (and maybe i'm even overreacting =/) and that we can't expect or demand an impeccable professional attitude from the staff towards players in a private server, and less while they are trying to enforce the rules (but where is it written?). I'm just expressing my opinion.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Anoth
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Anoth » 19 Oct 2012 07:25

Hi, that is a good rule it is to stop stupidity. I don't believe Leon was being rude he was just directing it to the right area. Arguing there is going to get him nothing from anyone, no staff member will change their mind on something like that especially if you come back and annoy them.

Leon was just telling him where he can direct his complaint, he wasn't being rude it's just the other person in the conversation wasn't getting the message sadly so he had to say it a lot.

Intervention
Former Staff

#13 » Post by Intervention » 19 Oct 2012 07:31

Hi,

Well, it was once written in the chat rules sticky i believe, though i can't seem to find it. It used to have LFG and trade rules but they were edited out due to policy changes. That policy change being swearing allowed but not in excess. It should be specifically added to the rules. I actually posted about a 0 tolerance on anal jokes some time ago in the staff forums as an announce, shortly after that i made a public news/notification post, i should have put it there. I also should have specifically stated that on the rules section, so that is my bad.

As for Leon's rudeness. I don't believe he was purposely trying to be rude or confronting. I believe he was trying to defend his actions and just wanted the conversation to be ended. No player would like to see such a conversation on the /world chat channel as they play.

Regardless of such 'anal jokes' not being specifically labelled as 'no anal jokes' on rules, it is essentially implied in our policies. I am happy to update the rules section or policies so it specifically says it. For example, "The linking of achievements to promote rude/obscene behaviours in global chat channels is strictly forbidden". Sound okay?
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

noedo

#14 » Post by noedo » 19 Oct 2012 07:36

Hello,

As Spermik player I'm used to Mature GMs so it came to me as rather unpleasant surprise that some young GMs use mute as last ditch in discussions.
Leon, who logged-on in apparently bad mood, went on some kind of muting-spree yesterday, muting Maur and few other people, simply because they wouldn't agree with him.

I realise many people will start trolling me ( which is exactly what this tread is not for ), because Leon made numerous friends as quality raid leader, so let's take closer look at facts:

While many people (including Leon himself) were populating /world with f-words and even with lines in caps, I was muted for 3h without warning for writing: "anal thunderstorm" (causing cb).
Reason for mute was "anal joke". Clear show-off, since "offense" - if we are to stick with the term - doesn't fall into "instant mute" category.
I do not condone spamming /world with "anal spam", or whatever we call it. I find all forms of flood annoying and that is why I did not crack any "anal jokes". I shared my view in TS which, I insist, is anal and often causes mobs to go "evade".

When mute was over I soon received another 3h mute for expressing my opinion on his work.
I called his attitude immature. I used no caps, no swear words.

Discussion was only moved to /world after Leon said he wouldn't talk to me and flagged himself as busy. Not quite the place for that, I agree.

What I said was: "let me say it again: anal thunderstorm causes combat bug. Is that anal joke to you?"

That's not quite the in-game support we expect.

ps.

Lex retro non agit.

Intervention
Former Staff

#15 » Post by Intervention » 19 Oct 2012 08:06

Hi,

Thanks for your point of view. I will check chat logs and such now and then will get back to you via PM as my response will not be a review. Leon (cover25) is welcome to respond here but let's keep it to a civil staff response by Cover25 and no body other than that.

Thanks.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!