New to True WoW, some noob questions.

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
Venomizer

New to True WoW, some noob questions.

#1 » Post by Venomizer » 20 Dec 2011 19:03

Hello people, I am from India and I am really keen to roll (rock and roll?) on True wow. From what I have heard from friends and web, you guys seem to be an awesome community. With that expectation, I am hereby submitting my little questionnaire. Please try to answer these questions in simple english.

1. How is the economy of True-wow being a low-population server (compared to blizz).

2. Whats the status of that annoying bug with all herbs, which I came to know of a year ago?

3. Do you happen to see any players from South-Asia and specifically from India, Bangladesh and Pakistan?

4. What disadvantage does non-donators have when compared to people who donate? [Sorry to tell you I am not allowed to spend money on online games though I wish to.]

5. What faction do you suggest for an average-skilled player to level up fast and to enjoy PVP rather than raids?

6. Lastly, I know its lame but I really wanna roll a paladin as my first toon. Do you advise against it?

Thanks for your time reading this post. See you all in-game soon. (after X-mas).

arno

Re: New to True WoW, some noob questions.

#2 » Post by arno » 20 Dec 2011 19:13

1 economy is quite good imo, better than on other serve especially at 80
2 herbalism is still hard but possible and a lot easier than it used to be, inscription is no prob to level
3 we have an indian or half indian guy called 2012 playing on the instant 80 realm, but hes a real annoying and rude troll, the only indian i know about anyway
4the only advantage donators get are heirlooms and forum titles theres no level 80 gear u can get with donations except mounts and stuff probably, voting gives the same rewards as donating
5 ur favorite faction lol switching is 100 vote points
6yes if you want to learn the game play some other class except dk and paladin

Mmeko

#3 » Post by Mmeko » 20 Dec 2011 19:24

Hello and welcome :) first of all I must say I hardly ever logged in in the last few months, but I'm glad to see there's a few of your questions I can answer without problems.

2. The herb bug has almost been solved on many areas, I really had no big problems leveling it when it used to be even more bugged, anyway my suggestion is to get the Gatherer addon, it's been extremely useful to me, especially because of said bug

3. I used to know a few persons from South Asia/India etc, but i'm quite sure there isn't still any specific guild for those countries.

4. Non donators don't have any big disvantage compared to donators, you'll just have to vote daily and you'll be able to get anything which a you could get by donating (heirlooms, pets, mounts)

6. My toon used to be a retribution paladin, it's definitely an easy class for a beginner for both PvE and PvP, but I remember it was quite annoying when rolling for gear in raids, since most of the other people was plate-dps as well...

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Kindzadza » 20 Dec 2011 19:57

Welcome and enjoy the flight :D

Cover25

#5 » Post by Cover25 » 20 Dec 2011 20:43

1. Very well imo. Prices for gear and mats are normalized (though herb prices can reach up to 300+G :/)
2. I have noticed a huged difference in what herbing was when i joined (last December). If though, you are having issues with finding herbs i do have 12K Nodes for gatherer that i have gained whiling herbing in this server. If you would like them drop me a /w on peithne.
3. We have members from all over the world playing here, though i havnt heard of any players from that part of the world (im sure we have some though!)
4. All advantages other than Retrieving an deleted char or character transfers from another account on truewow can be obtained via voting! We have NO Instant80 option nor do we allow gear other than Heirlooms to be voted for!
5. Horde does alot more PvP than alliance does, atleast from my point of view. Alliance is more PVE oriented.
6. Choose ANY class you want, its your satisfaction that matters not what others want you to play!

If you have anymore questions you can post them here or drop me or any other staff member an PM! Please enjoy your stay on truewow and remember to vote daily!

narcissa

#6 » Post by narcissa » 20 Dec 2011 20:45

aren't there too many palas already? and better go ally if you're going to pvp, horde is overloaded

Locus

#7 » Post by Locus » 20 Dec 2011 20:50

A faction that loses BGs constantly is not the best place to gear a new character though

arno

#8 » Post by arno » 20 Dec 2011 20:51

pssh dont take away my hks

Venomizer

#9 » Post by Venomizer » 21 Dec 2011 05:00

Thanks every1 for your quick replies. I think I have all the information I needed to know now. But as I am looking for PVP, is it better to join alliance so that I can reQ for BGs fast or go horde and win most Bgs? PvP gearing can always be done through arena right? In that case, its better to go with the faction which is more PvP-oriented. (favoring towards horde). any thoughts to share guys?

narcissa

#10 » Post by narcissa » 21 Dec 2011 05:35

how are you supposed to play bgs if you go horde, i told you more alliance is needed :/

Intervention
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Intervention » 21 Dec 2011 07:32

Both factions are PVP orientated. It's just, at the moment, many Allies are under geared in comparison to Horde. Going Horde would not guarantee you anymore arena or battleground than going Alliance.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

arno

#12 » Post by arno » 21 Dec 2011 17:02

u basically get the same honor, just as ally un lose more and as horde u have to wait longer

Locus

#13 » Post by Locus » 21 Dec 2011 17:06

losing = less honor.

arno

#14 » Post by arno » 21 Dec 2011 17:30

no bgs=no honor at all

Locus

#15 » Post by Locus » 21 Dec 2011 18:20

:/ No! I must not lose an argument....