Rude and Disgusting remarks from Radition

Aerista

Rude and Disgusting remarks from Radition

#1 » Post by Aerista » 09 Nov 2011 20:23

This guy has been sexually harrassing me in-game, he is currently on ignore. Seems to be able to find me and do disgusting stuff. His name is Radiation and is on the alli side. I had a Croatian translate what he said to me, which is above and beyond disgusting. I believe the server population doesn't deserve this treatment and brings down the quality of play. Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Chat Picture
Whisper Piicture

Cover25

Re: Rude and Disgusting remarks from Radition

#2 » Post by Cover25 » 09 Nov 2011 20:29

Just keep him on ignore and let it be. if he Continues to harass you through other chars, we will look into Banning him. Thank you for your report.

Aerista

#3 » Post by Aerista » 09 Nov 2011 21:39

So what am I supposed to do when he finds my alt again, say in SW or IF, and does uses emotes to depict sexual acts? Which he has already done.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Kindzadza » 09 Nov 2011 22:27

The ignore function blocks emotes too.

Locus

#5 » Post by Locus » 10 Nov 2011 00:24

Sexual harassment should deserve a mute at least. I mean, if insulting a GM via /say is mutable, then doing these kind of things should be too

narcissa

#6 » Post by narcissa » 10 Nov 2011 00:46

Sexual harassment deserves at least a 3 days ban, getting to permanent if repeated. Swear words are nothing in compare.

Intervention
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Intervention » 10 Nov 2011 01:28

Okay so. The player wouldn't leave you alone. Too bad i have no idea what he said in that other language. Clarification? possible?

Anyway, first off you must ignore him. If ignoring doesn't work then he WILL be banned. What i mean by if ignoring doesn't work if he whispers you on other characters and other account and so on. If you say he is already sexually harassing you with emotions and so on, post a screenshot here and I'll throw him into the dungeon.

There is little tolerance for swearing, however harassment and especially sexual harassment is a no go, no tolerance zone. We must treat this game like a work place to some respect.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Aerista

#8 » Post by Aerista » 10 Nov 2011 01:40

When I was refering to "emotes" it is /sit he uses.... /sit then stand then /sit ect. looks like he's humping. When ignored you still see his actions but no words. i can copy my skype chat to here to prove what was said. i know croatians and had it translated.... that is the only reason i did post the screen shots off of elephant. i even took a screen shot where he called americans ignorant.. but that didn't both me as much as being raped ingame by someone that doesn't know the meaning of " Dude thats disgusting plz stop". however i created another toon on the horde side becasue i got tired of being humped and stalked.

edit... i am a f irl and he knew it, i also told him i am a mom of 3.

Intervention
Former Staff

#9 » Post by Intervention » 10 Nov 2011 03:14

Yes, post those screenshots please.

Well as said above, if he keeps doing it then ban..
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Locus

#10 » Post by Locus » 10 Nov 2011 03:30

should be banned now, theres enough proof

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Kindzadza » 10 Nov 2011 07:40

We always suggest the /ignore option first,BUT if he starts those shenanigans again,he will be certinly banned.

P.S. I understood what he said and lol about it.

Aerista

#12 » Post by Aerista » 10 Nov 2011 07:51

So your saying it is ok for others to go and sexually harass female players as long as us females use the /ignore and that it is funny for some guy to ask us that? I am confused and saddened that there isn't any repercussions to these actions of his. Both of my boys play this server and I would never allow them to treat a female in that manner. By letting him off the proverbial hook, he'll just do it to another girl in-game and the cycle will continue. What if it was your mom he said that to? or your sister? You would do anything to uphold their honor. That is all I am asking... please protect us females!

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#13 » Post by Kindzadza » 10 Nov 2011 08:10

I am just saying Blizzard implented that option to deal with in a situations like this.Anyway I don't know what translator you used,but he asked: "Do you "get" hard or soft ones?" and said after: "I am really curious what your vagina looks like."
Just ignore him and never speak to him again.Sexual harassment is something we take serious and we handle it with a mute (on public channels).However he did on private and we're saying if he does that again,we will equip the ban hammers,not the mute ones.

Ygraine

#14 » Post by Ygraine » 10 Nov 2011 08:17

Of course it's not okay - but openly admitting you're a female will guarantee you that you'll attract at least one weirdo. Best way to avoid it is simply keeping your gender to yourself.

It's a common issue on the internet sadly enough!

Sincerely

Intervention
Former Staff

#15 » Post by Intervention » 10 Nov 2011 08:25

Enough proof? Jumping the gun is never good Locus, i figured you would know that.

@Aerista Do not turn this around to a mere inconsideration against females.
As you can see from the posts above, this has received a significant amount of staff attention. Furthermore, you took appropriate action yourself and used the /ignore feature thus extinguishing the situation.

As said above, if he continues then we will take considerable actions. If he does find your alts again or Horde chars then he will be banned. Be sure to show us him doing this. Blizzard implement these blocking features for these reasons. This isn't retail, but we try to run these like retail, hence Blizzlike. And hence why we ask you to use the /ignore feature for the initial time, then action will be taken if the problem persists.

Lastly, keep private information to yourself. Don't ever tell anyone over the internet you have children, let alone how many. Don't even allow people to know your gender. That information should be kept private and you are making yourself a target. And yes, it doesn't make that players actions right, but your actions did not assist you in any way, you should know that.
Chicken, Fried Chicken