Account closed?

NeoStorm

Account closed?

#1 » Post by NeoStorm » 26 Aug 2011 13:41

Hi there. I just got back from holiday and I felt like getting back into truewow but it looks like my account has been closed or deleted or something. I haven't played in like the last two months but I'm wondering if maybe it got deleted from inactivity? Or it's just a database issue? Is it possible to see like account history or if my characters can be restored? Oh and my account name was the same as this new one I made now.. just wanted to test if the characters would still be like.. attached to this account.

Hmm.. also I had been playing with my girlfriend. Questing, exploring and leveling together! She still has her characters and I'm sure it would take me forever to catch up with her level 70+ character. So I'm hoping my account could be restored.. or something!

Thanks for your time reading this! Hope we can all play together soon! :)

Mithrandir

Re: Account closed?

#2 » Post by Mithrandir » 26 Aug 2011 13:51

Hmm, you say for the past two months, are you sure it wasn't three months? After three months, accounts get deleted, to prevent the database from growing too big.
And I'll hope to see you come, after all, despite this setback ;)

Intervention
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Intervention » 27 Aug 2011 02:24

What's your account name..?

If it's Neostorm then it exists.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

NeoStorm

#4 » Post by NeoStorm » 27 Aug 2011 18:43

Yeah, my account name was NeoStorm but it only exists now because I remade it. I wanted to see if it was possible to and if my characters would still exist under this account name.

Hmm.. so is it possible to see when I was last active? Are there any logs or a database? I'm guessing my account was closed automatically but I'm sure it was less than 3 months of inactivity. I had been leveling along with a friend and her account is just fine. Hmm.. I really have no idea!

Tia

#5 » Post by Tia » 27 Aug 2011 19:04

Your account most probably got deleted because of the inactivity. Maybe your friend logged in from time to time.

As for the characters, it may seem logic to you that the characters would belong to the same account name, unfortunatelly it does not work like that in the reality. Characters are bound to accounts by IDs, which are uniqe for every new account created regardless the name. I also believe that when an account is deleted, characters associated with it are wiped as well to prevent orphan rows in the database and to maintain data integrity.

It is possible to check your account status in the previous days from database backups, but only Roel can help with that because only he has access to them. We can only check the current information of the account.