Small PVP Events

Have a suggestion for TrueWoW?
arash_brznd

Small PVP Events

#1 » Post by arash_brznd » 13 Jun 2019 12:09

Greetings.

I started PVPing just a few days back since I'm already tired of doing ICC / RS runs each week which has become boring already even-though I'm not even close to being BiS-geared.
Last night's never-ending AV and a couple of arena matches I had before it, reminded me of some superbly cool PVP events (official server-wide 5v5 arena tournament with winner being awarded Big Blizzard Bear) we had on Spermik before it was merged with TW. So I thought why not having something similar here.
I know the population we have here is not comparable to what it used to be. But look how many 25mans we're doing each week. ICC, RS, sometimes Ulduar, sometimes there are 2 groups of 10mans at the same time with also a group of people doing RHCs, which means in some days and at some times, we have enough people to do an official PVP event, which I hope, will encourage people to pay abit more attention to PVP, which will get our BGs queued up and filled more than these past days.
I, for instance, was thinking about a PVP event where like 10 people will register (after meeting some requirements, so that pure PVE players won't be able to join and ruin the PVP aspect of it). Throughout the week, they will appear and attend 3 different battlegrounds with an exact line-up. 2 WSG, 2 AB and 2 EotS matches. The team winning most matches, will be awarded some cool stuffs.
You may find my example pretty dumb. But the thing is, I'm just trying to give you some idea. My focus here, is to have a PVP event of any kind and details, so that we see more stuffs going on here.
If you think having such events will help the server, or the fun aspect of the game, please back me up on this.

Regards
Duvenhage

Joh0239

Re: Small PVP Events

#2 » Post by Joh0239 » 13 Jun 2019 14:37

+1, I really liked the 5v5 arena idea, would be real fun to have some PvP event
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

bobsmyname
Donor

#3 » Post by bobsmyname » 13 Jun 2019 17:36

Another thought towards this could be rewards based on personal BG wins;
https://truewow.org/pvpstats2/
https://truewow.org/pvpstats/
These are fairly cosmetic, but there is somethings you could do to base it on player's monthly BG wins, only problem would be if players using alts compete vs players using one toon.
God of Memes
-Cacha
-Mage, Priest, Rouge pvp goddess

arash_brznd

#4 » Post by arash_brznd » 13 Jun 2019 20:20

bobsmyname wrote:
13 Jun 2019 17:36
Another thought towards this could be rewards based on personal BG wins;
https://truewow.org/pvpstats2/
https://truewow.org/pvpstats/
These are fairly cosmetic, but there is somethings you could do to base it on player's monthly BG wins, only problem would be if players using alts compete vs players using one toon.
I don't quite agree with that. Because BG wins are BG wins. It's nothing new or attracting. It's simple. You win more, you'll be awarded.
But events are totally different story. Let me give you a more clearer view.
That event on (R.I.P) Spermik server I mentioned earlier, was held in Gurubashi Arena. Teams were there, watching others compete. Other players were on those so-called seats around the arena, watching matches as attendants. Two GMs were there observing everything going on.
For a moment you felt like you were watching a real live match on your telly.
The atmosphere it brought to the server and players, before, amidst, and after the event, could not be described.
We need something exotic, attracting, something different.
Tell our players that they will be awarded prizes if they win most BGs throughout a month. Do you think they care a lot? I doubt so.
But tell them we're hosting a very exclusive, unique, and one-of-a-kind PVP event with interesting procedure and rewards. Do you think it will encourage people to attend? Of-course it will.
Duvenhage