Drop rates TBC

Bobins

Drop rates TBC

#1 » Post by Bobins » 16 Jun 2017 22:58

These need looking at as a priority!

I'm almost level 64 and have not left Hellfire peninsula yet. If the trend continues, I will likely hit level 70 by completing Zangamarsh and doing the Kara key chain. It's ruining the game for me, as I like completing areas. Although I'm almost half way to to 70 on Pizaz, my professions have hardly moved due to being stuck in this area.

Please sort out the drop rates. There is loads of content and no need to make them suck. It's ruining the whole experience for me, and will have to drop until this is addressed. I'll complete Hellfire in the next few days and will leave my account until the game is balanced.

Regards

Pizaz.

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

Re: Drop rates TBC

#2 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 16 Jun 2017 23:09

Everyone says the same thing as they move through Hellfire. I ended up skipping Nagrand but otherwise did not, as you suggest, ding 70 in Zangarmarsh despite being in the same circumstance. If you get to 70 in Zangarmarsh we can talk, but I'm telling you now, you wont.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Bobins

#3 » Post by Bobins » 16 Jun 2017 23:24

Fitzpatrick wrote:
16 Jun 2017 23:09
Everyone says the same thing as they move through Hellfire. I ended up skipping Nagrand but otherwise did not, as you suggest, ding 70 in Zangarmarsh despite being in the same circumstance. If you get to 70 in Zangarmarsh we can talk, but I'm telling you now, you wont.
I will gain a minimum of 4 levels (maybe even 5) in hellfire. Applying this logic, if I obtain another 4-5 levels in the next area I will be 70 or as near as dammit. This isn't how it's meant to work. If the drop rates improve in Zang, you may have a point, if they don't, then unless there's a lot less quests with drops, you are flat wrong.

I won't be getting to 70 in Zang. I'll be focusing on my alternate account on another server once Hellfire is cleared.

The drop rates are screwed, fix it.

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#4 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 17 Jun 2017 01:35

And I'm telling you that you wont get 4-5 levels in Zangar. You probably wont even get 4 levels in Zangar and Terrokar together. I'm also not sure what you mean about drop rates. I'll assume you mean quest drops with low rates. I'm honestly confused about that one, as I haven't had any issues with low drop rates.

.Venna
Donor

#5 » Post by .Venna » 17 Jun 2017 01:54

Plus, if you have something that needs to be fixed, you need to be more specific. Which quests (apart from the blood one from orcs which was horrible even on live) are you talking about? List the quests and items - check them on the bug trackers and submit reports. Staff cannot fix things they don't know about.
Australian Tauren Resto Druid.
Primalwow.

Bobins

#6 » Post by Bobins » 17 Jun 2017 02:12

.Venna wrote: Plus, if you have something that needs to be fixed, you need to be more specific. Which quests (apart from the blood one from orcs which was horrible even on live) are you talking about? List the quests and items - check them on the bug trackers and submit reports. Staff cannot fix things they don't know about.
I don't intend to catalogue these flaws or go into detail. If the Devs wanna see them, they can log in like I do. I have not seen a quest with drop rates yield a normal results in hellfire and I have done most now. As this was the first place in outland, I was expecting it to be polished.

Even on retail when I was covered in heirlooms, I didn't level this fast in hellfire, and it's largely due to ALL quest that have drop rates, not drooping at a rate consistent with retail.

I don't care if this gets fixed or not. The info is here, do as you will.

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#7 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 17 Jun 2017 02:26

k, bye

Doctor_J
Developer

#8 » Post by Doctor_J » 17 Jun 2017 03:30

We'll on retail most quests use progressive loot for drops of quest items which is where the drop chance starts low but increases as you kill more mobs which drop it.

Afraid there is no such system on tc as drop chances are fixed and don't change

Gala

#9 » Post by Gala » 17 Jun 2017 03:37

ermagherd demonscream from spermik ?XD
Galaron - 70 warlock

Nyeriah

#10 » Post by Nyeriah » 17 Jun 2017 03:54

Doctor_J wrote:
17 Jun 2017 03:30
We'll on retail most quests use progressive loot for drops of quest items which is where the drop chance starts low but increases as you kill more mobs which drop it.

There's no such a thing speaking of WotLK. Bad luck protection for quest items is also something unheard of, Blizzard just never again made low drop chance quests.

Some quests are well known for the bad drop rates, even on retail. Take for example the wolf tail quest in Terokkar.

Doctor_J
Developer

#11 » Post by Doctor_J » 17 Jun 2017 10:36

http://www.wowhead.com/item=25807/timber-worg-tail tells you the item is progressive loot but ye seems blizzard did not add that system until wotlk and was quietly added.

Bobins

#12 » Post by Bobins » 17 Jun 2017 12:09

Doctor_J wrote:
17 Jun 2017 03:30

Then the fixed number needs to be reduced. I remember on retail running around Nagrand doing all the quests so I could hit lvl 65 and do RoB for the axe... I will likely be lvl 65 not long after starting Zangamarsh here. As you're probably aware, some quest drops on retail were crappy, someone mentioned the blood, which was one but most were decent. I'll do Zangamarsh and see what level I end up.

There's also a boost to XP with this being 3.3.5 which is another reason to tweak the drop rates.

Doctor_J
Developer

#13 » Post by Doctor_J » 17 Jun 2017 12:22

are you actually talking about drops or you talking about xp from actually doing quests since it is known that blizzard increased xp rates from burning crusade quests when wotlkk came out, maybe quest xp needs reducing.

Fastor

#14 » Post by Fastor » 17 Jun 2017 12:48

Create invisible, OL wide, OL only buff that reduce XP taken by 60%. That way it would be 2-3 levels at best per each land.

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#15 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 17 Jun 2017 14:42

Hellfire has tons of quests, the xp per quest is a big jump from old world, and the first few 60s levels take less than later ones. The OP is both over exaggerating the problem and has only done hellfire, so is ignorrant of how the rest of outland plays out.

If an xp nerf was needed, which Id argue it wasnt, the time has come and gone. An x nerf now is just punishing people new to the realm with most of us already at 70.