Has something changed with logging in? or any older accounts removed?

niqht

Has something changed with logging in? or any older accounts removed?

#1 » Post by niqht » 06 May 2017 19:56

I told my kids about the changes and they wanted to play again, but couldn't log in. So I tried mine and it had the IP auto ban. I figured not big deal and waited an hour then logged mine in to make sure. It is ok, but trying to log into their accounts it still says closed and now mine is auto locked again.
Were any old accounts removed? One kid had a level 45 and my others all have RAF accounts with me.
Is there something to logging in multiple accounts on from the same IP?

IronSharona
Former Staff

Re: Has something changed with logging in? or any older accounts removed?

#2 » Post by IronSharona » 06 May 2017 20:06

The only accounts to my knowledge that were cleared were those unclaimed from spermik merges and old unused account circa 2013 and prior. We no longer do rolling deletions. It is likely that if anyone on your IP has entered an incorrect password too many times, the entire IP was banned for security. See if you can isolate the account with the improper login and use the Forgot Password? Link under the chat head on the top right of the site banner. Let us know if it works out! We can keep digging if not.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Eronox
MVP

#3 » Post by Eronox » 06 May 2017 20:08

Niqht,

I've sent you a Private message which intentions to return the lost accounts to you. Please do take a read! For general information, remember that 5 attempts of wrong password will result a 15min lock-out IP-Wise, meaning your children can do this and it'd be effective for everyone using the IP. These lockouts can be either waited out, 15min, or requested once every 6th hour at the link below.

https://truewow.org/support#ib

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

niqht

#4 » Post by niqht » 09 May 2017 06:18

ok, I have this sorted now. Sorry for the time waste. Turns out my notes on their info was wrong. When you have 3 kids with comps and logins everywhere you don't dare try to remember it all, but if you then write it down wrong.... dumb

Eronox
MVP

#5 » Post by Eronox » 11 May 2017 14:43

niqht wrote:
09 May 2017 06:18
ok, I have this sorted now. Sorry for the time waste. Turns out my notes on their info was wrong. When you have 3 kids with comps and logins everywhere you don't dare try to remember it all, but if you then write it down wrong.... dumb

Not dumb at all, I can never login on any account of mine with the first attempt since my broad variation!

Glad you got it solved, sorry for excessive overdue.
Welcome back!

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash