[PW] Slam fix affecting guilds & players!

Should Slam be reverted?

Revert the old Slam mechanic(timing specific swings)
35%
No keep it the way it is(blizzlike)
42%
Revert the mechanic, and apply it again when TBC gets released
14%
I don't play warrior
9%

Total votes: 65

jvolante92

[PW] Slam fix affecting guilds & players!

#1 » Post by jvolante92 » 30 Jan 2017 05:46

Hello everyone !

Due to a recent fix on Slam, many players have found the Arms tree spec to be less viable in raid dps, Considering that the only content that is out is Vanilla talents, and we cannot spend more points past the 31 on the arms tree to be able to spec into Improved Slam, its only main use as of now is for the debuff called "Trauma" which increases bleed damage by 30%, guilds/players who play the warrior class who have geared their characters to play this spec are now finding themselves playing fury due to its DPS output, since Slam has been fixed to suspend your Auto swing while waiting for the 1.5 second to finish. Previously Slam wasn't suspending the auto swing which resulted players to cast Slam ~1.5 seconds or greater to get an auto swing (if timed properly) and get the slam off. This required players to constantly watch their rage, swing timers, and skills. This spec actually required specific timing and more uptime to actually do decent damage and compete with the Fury tree, and be viable for raids. In terms of PvP not so much because its difficult to get a slam off a moving target.

The warrior community is hurting at the moment due to slam being fixed, and we are asking if the developers could revert it back to its previous mechanic. I understand that it was a bug on the server, but fixing it now rather than fixing it on launch really made many of us who enjoyed playing this spec actually not enjoy the warrior class at the moment, especially for those have geared towards it since Day 1 of the server, i can say this to many players who have played since the beginning of Primal Launch, the competition it had vs fury was almost exactly the same, and I didn't really see it a bad thing of how the mechanic could be exploited.

I joined the server 1.5 years ago because i heard that Primal is famous for its "being different" than most servers, and promoting other specs to be viable in a Wrath of the Lich king environment, so why not let the warrior class be different from other servers? I also started playing arms not too long ago, and actually quite enjoyed it, and having a competitive match against good fury warriors made raids more fun and exciting.

I believe the Primal staff will do its best to provide us an awesome server to keep us interested!

-Daedal

thrashbeer

Re: [PW] Slam fix affecting guilds & players!

#2 » Post by thrashbeer » 30 Jan 2017 06:23

100% agree on reverting this change or atleast keeping it unfixed till tbc releases. (so warriors have atleast the possibility of adjusting to it).

Ohdyr

#3 » Post by Ohdyr » 30 Jan 2017 07:24

What about opening the side talents of the 31 point talent, This would give warriors Imp Slam and open up a lot for other classes. (I might be a little biased because I wanna play ret in raids)

papastrumff
Former Staff

#4 » Post by papastrumff » 30 Jan 2017 09:59

I am neither for or against revert. This is not just arms nerf but fury warr wielding 2 hander which managed to pull 2200 dps on pw. Fury warriors that does not use slam with 2 hander are still 1600-1700 dps which is plenty I think. Only rogues can beat them and maybe a hunter if there are a few with full t2.

Gnurg

#5 » Post by Gnurg » 30 Jan 2017 10:09

The 2-handed warrior still does more damage than most classes. It was a stupid bug that was making it just as good as an instant cast slam.

The part about skill is made up. AAs have a certain cooldown, once it reaches 0, you AA. It went down while casting slam, so even if you spammed slam the AA would go off.

Volley + AA had a similiar bug fix recently, but I don't see them crying it over it on the forum.

I will not revert it, and I quite certain no one else will either
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Vaen

#6 » Post by Vaen » 30 Jan 2017 15:49

Why would you revert the fix? Just keep it the way it is. The option about reverting and reapplying when tbc releases at least makes some sense because then you only lose 0.5 secs of your swing timer every time you slam.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

majstorfanta

#7 » Post by majstorfanta » 30 Jan 2017 16:02

Gnurg wrote:Volley + AA had a similiar bug fix recently, but I don't see them crying it over it on the forum.
Agreed.

Switch dual wield alrdy and let jack have all these shiny 2 handers. Warriors taking all the enhancement and ret weapons came to an end :)
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

Gnurg

#8 » Post by Gnurg » 30 Jan 2017 17:04

majstorfanta wrote:
Gnurg wrote:Volley + AA had a similiar bug fix recently, but I don't see them crying it over it on the forum.
Agreed.

Switch dual wield alrdy and let jack have all these shiny 2 handers. Warriors taking all the enhancement and ret weapons came to an end :)
I would still say that 2-handed warriors are viable, though. They'll probably go down like 10-20 % damage. If they did 2000, they'd still do 1600 damage, which more than most of the classes.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

oooooooooolde
Donor

#9 » Post by oooooooooolde » 30 Jan 2017 17:50

Without the fix arms and fury2h definitely requires more skill to play and the only guy i've seen pulling 2.2k is Asteroid - who has spent ages perfecting his rotations (rotation varies depending on wep speed, so gotta factor in haste buffs to optimize). It had a high skill-cealing which is basicly removed now, since you can just slam whenever gcd is up.

As for competetiveness, both will now lack significantly behind fury1h which sucks for spec diversity. In roughly similar gear the previous numbers were arms dealing 10% less dmg than both fury specs who were on par with eachother. Personally my top dps was 2050 on pw without rend buff so it would probably equal Asteroids. Seems almost all warriors agree with this.

Since it is a bug Is suggest implementing in tbc.

Longi

#10 » Post by Longi » 30 Jan 2017 18:16

Off-topic, read only at own risk or better ignore it at all :D
[hide]that moment when Gnurgie cannot pull good dps with better gear than most of arm warriors on the server .. so she rather fix the bug :D[/hide]

Deim

#11 » Post by Deim » 30 Jan 2017 18:32

I rly like how majority of warriors cry about it
"Omg we won't be able to abuse bug which increases our dps! That's so bad for us omg omg not gonna top meters after fix"
Thats how I see it. And that's pretty sad...

Last edited by Deim on 30 Jan 2017 18:40, edited 1 time in total.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Gnurg

#12 » Post by Gnurg » 30 Jan 2017 18:34

Deim wrote:I rly like how majority of warriors cry about it
"Omg we won't be able to abuse bug which increases our dps! That's so bad for us omg omg not gonna top meters after fix"
Thats how I see it. And that's pretty sad...
They'll still top the damage meter, perhaps not being very first, but positively top 10.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Rayen

#13 » Post by Rayen » 30 Jan 2017 18:44

Yes tottally agreed, and while we are at it why dont we bring back enslave demon, pala t1 procing on every hit, spell from mindcontroled mobs and hunters reseting flask timers. I mean why should only one class benefit from bugs, lets keep it fair. :lol:

Gala

#14 » Post by Gala » 30 Jan 2017 18:55

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Galaron - 70 warlock

Skembic

#15 » Post by Skembic » 30 Jan 2017 19:03

No