Transfer vote points ?

arash_brznd

Transfer vote points ?

#1 » Post by arash_brznd » 29 Jan 2017 19:10

Hi.

I wanna share this idea of mine and seek everybody's opinion about this, that if it's a good idea to have a feature such as transferring vote points between linked accounts.

Like I, for instance, have over 500 VPs on one account and less than a hundred on another, where I want to use shop services for a character. It won't hurt anybody if players can do such.
Psychomancer
One thing I love about this game is how some people respect you on one character, and talk trash to you on another, without knowing both characters are you!

Nyeriah

Re: Transfer vote points ?

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 29 Jan 2017 19:11

This basically would allow people to create as many accounts as they wish and exploit it to get as many points as they want, and that's the reason why this suggestion cannot be accepted. We only transfer web points that source from donations.

w0lf
Donor

#3 » Post by w0lf » 29 Jan 2017 22:44

Could you explain this in more detail Nyeriah?

Could VPs sourced via donations not carry a seperate flag/uid to those from voting? Or even be reffered to as Donate Points, but still carry the same value as VP?

I ask because I too found it odd there wasn't a way to automate the transfer between accounts.

At the same time I appreciate that such minor utility is probably not worth the development.
Wilcox wrote:rumor has it, omurtag is still lfm for icc10n
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ |

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 29 Jan 2017 22:48

I am a bit confused. I have said that we do transfer points that source from donations. You just need to message Roel for that.

For points that come from voting, no, we'll likely never allow transfer of them for the reasons I mentioned before. It just makes it way too prone to exploiting.

w0lf
Donor

#5 » Post by w0lf » 29 Jan 2017 23:07

Nyeriah wrote:I am a bit confused. I have said that we do transfer points that source from donations. You just need to message Roel for that.
This is what myself and OP are getting at. Why is there not a way to automate the transfer of VP (Donation earnt only!!) between accounts? Again I appreciate that the number of us requesting this is relatively low(?) so its perhaps not worthwhile.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ |

Eronox
MVP

#6 » Post by Eronox » 29 Jan 2017 23:09

w0lf wrote:
Nyeriah wrote:I am a bit confused. I have said that we do transfer points that source from donations. You just need to message Roel for that.
This is what myself and OP are getting at. Why is there not a way to automate the transfer of VP (Donation earnt only!!) between accounts? Again I appreciate that the number of us requesting this is relatively low(?) so its perhaps not worthwhile.
There is. PM Roel after purchase asking for it.
There's no feature for it indeed. And that Nyeriah, is what the suggestion is.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Nyeriah

#7 » Post by Nyeriah » 29 Jan 2017 23:12

w0lf wrote:
The OP doesn't mention donations at any moment. As a matter of fact he refers to web points as vote points which led me to think he was referring to web points sourcing from votes.

w0lf
Donor

#8 » Post by w0lf » 29 Jan 2017 23:40

Right, well just me then hijacking OPs thread.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ |

Roel
Founder

#9 » Post by Roel » 30 Jan 2017 01:09

There indeed isn't enough demand to get this automated just for donations. Most of them accidentally donated with the wrong account. Like mentioned I can manually handle this through a private message.

arash_brznd

#10 » Post by arash_brznd » 31 Jan 2017 08:01

Nyeriah wrote:This basically would allow people to create as many accounts as they wish and exploit it to get as many points as they want, and that's the reason why this suggestion cannot be accepted. We only transfer web points that source from donations.

With all due respect, I disagree what you said. Because what you call "exploit", the way I see it, is a legit way to vote more and more for the server. Exploit means doing something the way it is not supposed to be done, in other words, voting multiple / numerous times on one account within 12 hours, which should not happen and is against the rules.

But making multiple accounts on which voting for once within 12 hours is allowed and people can vote, is not against the rules.

The way I see it, it's a legit way for everyone to vote numerous times on multiple accounts within 12 hours (5 times on each), which in the end can help the server big time go up the chart.

I came up with this idea because: 1- it's something I really felt was missing since we can link multiple game accounts together, and 2- there's nothing on Rules section about this being an exploit.
Psychomancer
One thing I love about this game is how some people respect you on one character, and talk trash to you on another, without knowing both characters are you!

blagovest_tonev

#11 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 31 Jan 2017 08:21

You would be able to gain 20 points daily on multiple accounts, and then transfer the points to your main account. I think nobody is against having more voters, but that transfer feature will give you the possibility of obtaining shop stuff in no time. And here comes the unfair part - others had to vote for weeks or more (depending on the wanted item), and you would be able to obtain whatever you want in a couple of days.

arash_brznd

#12 » Post by arash_brznd » 31 Jan 2017 23:28

blagovest_tonev wrote:You would be able to gain 20 points daily on multiple accounts, and then transfer the points to your main account. I think nobody is against having more voters, but that transfer feature will give you the possibility of obtaining shop stuff in no time. And here comes the unfair part - others had to vote for weeks or more (depending on the wanted item), and you would be able to obtain whatever you want in a couple of days.

I again disagree with all due respect. Changes in game or regarding the game are inevitable. I remember when I was farming my Green Proto-Drake, the egg had 7 days in-game CD, meaning I had to be logged in for 7 days play-time to crack the egg. But later on the CD was changed to 7 days overall, didn't matter in-game or offline. That would be considered unfair as well.

But what I'm focusing on here, is a positive change which will come in handy. If shopping services will become so fast, they'll become so for everyone. So it's not really unfair.

To compensate for that admins can make services a little bit more expensive. But imagine the huge amount of legit votes for the server ...
Psychomancer

devil5000

#13 » Post by devil5000 » 01 Feb 2017 00:18

Well you cant rly compare the egg thing to this since the egg can be only bought once on a char and people here have multiple forum accs mostly so they would vote for 20 points on each and then they would get them on their main acc or whicever acc they need and then they will have too much vote points so basicly all of the mounts would be bought and nobody would bother to donate.
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

arash_brznd

#14 » Post by arash_brznd » 01 Feb 2017 10:53

devil5000 wrote:Well you cant rly compare the egg thing to this since the egg can be only bought once on a char and people here have multiple forum accs mostly so they would vote for 20 points on each and then they would get them on their main acc or whicever acc they need and then they will have too much vote points so basicly all of the mounts would be bought and nobody would bother to donate.

That's why I brought up the idea to make certain services like buying mounts and companions more expensive.
Psychomancer

Nyeriah

#15 » Post by Nyeriah » 01 Feb 2017 16:21

The problem is that it doesn't matter how expensive they get, nothing prevents people from creating more and more accounts to get any rewards they want in a single day :)