Where is faction change to Horde?

User avatar
Karla
Posts: 18
Joined: 16 Jun 2016 07:24

Where is faction change to Horde?

#1 » Post by Karla » 06 Oct 2016 09:07

So I followed the instructions here: http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=35908 and voted like crazy to get the 200 points necessary to convert from Alliance to Horde... when I go back to the Shop-> services link... that option is now gone. Appears to be replaced by a generic faction change for 500. Please advise...

User avatar
Eronox
Honorary Member
Posts: 2328
Joined: 24 Apr 2016 11:03
Location: in ICC & Healing
Contact:

Re: Where is faction change to Horde?

#2 » Post by Eronox » 06 Oct 2016 09:26

The 200vp cost was only for a short period of time. Something like a special offer in order to stabilize the factions.
.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash


User avatar
Karla
Posts: 18
Joined: 16 Jun 2016 07:24

Re: Where is faction change to Horde?

#3 » Post by Karla » 06 Oct 2016 09:50

Oh noooo that is so unfair... Could an Admin please honour the price that was shown to me originally? I''ll continue voting :)

User avatar
Nymunne
Former Staff
Posts: 1951
Joined: 28 Jun 2015 23:10

Re: Where is faction change to Horde?

#4 » Post by Nymunne » 06 Oct 2016 09:54

As already mentioned that offer was temporary because the factions were not balanced. Since that service was disabled, players will now need to "pay" the normal 500VP price in order to change faction.

User avatar
Eronox
Honorary Member
Posts: 2328
Joined: 24 Apr 2016 11:03
Location: in ICC & Healing
Contact:

Re: Where is faction change to Horde?

#5 » Post by Eronox » 06 Oct 2016 10:29

Karla wrote:Oh noooo that is so unfair... Could an Admin please honour the price that was shown to me originally? I''ll continue voting :)
I'm sorry Karla :(

But hey! Without votes we would've been doomed!
.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash


User avatar
Karla
Posts: 18
Joined: 16 Jun 2016 07:24

Re: Where is faction change to Horde?

#6 » Post by Karla » 06 Oct 2016 12:06

I would have been more inclined to keep voting and supporting the server in other ways, if they'd honoured that price for me. It's a feelgood thing.

Getting from 200 to 500 is more tedious than levelling lockpicking. By the time I do this my characteer will be 80 and it will hardly matter. And I never got the reeferral credit for getting my son into playing WOW, either. I'll have to see if other servers are trying harder to keep energetic, loyal people.
Eronox wrote:
Karla wrote:Oh noooo that is so unfair... Could an Admin please honour the price that was shown to me originally? I''ll continue voting :)
I'm sorry Karla :(

But hey! Without votes we would've been doomed!

User avatar
Sagiri
Donor
Posts: 280
Joined: 30 Nov 2013 18:05
Location: Nevereverland

Re: Where is faction change to Horde?

#7 » Post by Sagiri » 06 Oct 2016 13:05

I feel your pain.
I wanted to bake an apple pie for my dad`s bday. 2 days ago I went to local grocery store to buy some apples at a discount. And, can you even imagine - the sales girl told me the timed sale is already over, and she refused to sell things to me for the lowered price! HOW DARED SHE!!! I`m a loyal customer! For sure I won`t set my foot in their shitty store ever again. :x
Image
` I'm taking it slow, feeding my flame.
Shuffling the cards of your game...
And just in time and in the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace.`

User avatar
Nymunne
Former Staff
Posts: 1951
Joined: 28 Jun 2015 23:10

Re: Where is faction change to Horde?

#8 » Post by Nymunne » 06 Oct 2016 15:34

Karla wrote:I would have been more inclined to keep voting and supporting the server in other ways, if they'd honoured that price for me. It's a feelgood thing.

Getting from 200 to 500 is more tedious than levelling lockpicking. By the time I do this my characteer will be 80 and it will hardly matter. And I never got the reeferral credit for getting my son into playing WOW, either. I'll have to see if other servers are trying harder to keep energetic, loyal people.
Eronox wrote:
Karla wrote:Oh noooo that is so unfair... Could an Admin please honour the price that was shown to me originally? I''ll continue voting :)
I'm sorry Karla :(

But hey! Without votes we would've been doomed!
You get 600 VP per month if you vote daily. The VP and services are there for the players who wish to put a little bit of effort to either vote or donate to help the server. It takes 5 minutes or so to vote every day so I personally don't think it's something much we ask from players when it comes to obtaining those VP.

About your son's RAF issue you did not check the topic or replied to it as an Admin actually awaits your personal message with the information requested... http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36062

User avatar
Karla
Posts: 18
Joined: 16 Jun 2016 07:24

Re: Where is faction change to Horde?

#9 » Post by Karla » 08 Oct 2016 11:01

I know, right? And thanks. Fortunately some bussinesses are smart. This one should be more helpful to loyal players and do something to keep existing players happy, instead of concentrating on voting and site ratings and a turnover of new players. Happy players bring their friends.

Was really, really looking forward to going to Outland as Horde and having that new experience. I've been there as Alliance already.

Not honouring the price for transfer that I was originslly quoted online with no mention of an expiry for the offer, was terribly discouraging.... and technically wrong because there WAS no expiry mentioned for that offer. I voted every day in good faith....

I am between jobs now, but once I am back as a programmer, I will support a game server financially --- that is nice to me.

Sagiri wrote:I feel your pain.
I wanted to bake an apple pie for my dad`s bday. 2 days ago I went to local grocery store to buy some apples at a discount. And, can you even imagine - the sales girl told me the timed sale is already over, and she refused to sell things to me for the lowered price! HOW DARED SHE!!! I`m a loyal customer! For sure I won`t set my foot in their shitty store ever again. :x

User avatar
Nymunne
Former Staff
Posts: 1951
Joined: 28 Jun 2015 23:10

Re: Where is faction change to Horde?

#10 » Post by Nymunne » 08 Oct 2016 12:15

http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php? ... &start=105 Roel already mentioned that this will be temporary. There was a suggestion's topic about the faction change imbalance and what lead to the discount but as already said it was supposed to be temporary.

As I already told you in my previous if you vote twice every day you will end up with 600 points and you will also be rewarded with some extra points of the small effort you had to put to help the server (see topic: http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14668).

I am sorry but the VP and the Shop services are there in return for the little effort our players have to do to obtain those points. Sure, it will be easier to obtain VP as a donor but no one is forcing you to donate if you don't want to or you don't have the possibility.

User avatar
Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member
Posts: 1472
Joined: 16 Jan 2013 22:33

Re: Where is faction change to Horde?

#11 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 08 Oct 2016 19:11

Karla wrote: I voted every day in good faith....
I voted on two separated accounts for almost 2 years until I stoped playing here. I still hold rank 1 and 2 for top voter overall, and if irl changes and retail is bad for me, I'll come back and keep voting the way I did all this time.

As for the price changes, they usually are announced on the forum in the thread related to the service at the time. Staff members can't spoon feed you everything if you don't ask. As for the RAF issue, you never revisited those topics to reply with what was requested.

But if you are dissatisfied with such services and you wish to move to a different (not necessarily better) server, then no problem... But no need to throw a tantrum over it.

And one more advice, wasting that many vote points to faction change in lower levels is a waste. Assuming you want to hit outlands with a different faction, just level up a char on the other faction and keep the main one on this faction. Or make a death knight and start in outlands right after you finish the DK starting zone. Be warned at the final 3 quests, you may need to use .qc <quest link here> to complete them.
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

User avatar
Gnurg
Posts: 2395
Joined: 28 Jan 2013 19:38
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: Where is faction change to Horde?

#12 » Post by Gnurg » 08 Oct 2016 19:24

Voting with a proxy takes about 2-3 minutes a day to get the 20 points. If you already have 200 points, then it's just 15 more days. -- Easy peasy.

Voting for 25 days compared to retail's 25 euro to faction change is actually quite a great deal. After all, you're committing full treason and you need to cover all the plastic surgery expenses that the gnomes need, to turn you from a sophisticated member of the Alliance to whatever farm animal you want to be on the Horde side.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

User avatar
Nymunne
Former Staff
Posts: 1951
Joined: 28 Jun 2015 23:10

Re: Where is faction change to Horde?

#13 » Post by Nymunne » 08 Oct 2016 20:25

Blacklustersoldier wrote: I voted every day in good faith....
Be warned at the final 3 quests, you may need to use .qc <quest link here> to complete them.
Light of Dawn is now scripted so you can't .qc it anymore. Don't remember the other two but for the last one I remember it being great. :P
Gnurg wrote:Voting with a proxy takes about 2-3 minutes a day to get the 20 points. If you already have 200 points, then it's just 15 more days. -- Easy peasy.

Voting for 25 days compared to retail's 25 euro to faction change is actually quite a great deal. After all, you're committing full treason and you need to cover all the plastic surgery expenses that the gnomes need, to turn you from a sophisticated member of the Alliance to whatever farm animal you want to be on the Horde side.
Loled at the plastic surgery. Never thought of describing faction changes like that. :lol:

Anyway since this is a topic made in the General Support unless the OP still wants to ask or add something I'll be locking it by tomorrow evening.

User avatar
Eronox
Honorary Member
Posts: 2328
Joined: 24 Apr 2016 11:03
Location: in ICC & Healing
Contact:

Re: Where is faction change to Horde?

#14 » Post by Eronox » 08 Oct 2016 21:57

Shouldn't this be locked for a long time ago? Since the author got her answer a long time ago.
.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash


User avatar
Nymunne
Former Staff
Posts: 1951
Joined: 28 Jun 2015 23:10

Re: Where is faction change to Horde?

#15 » Post by Nymunne » 08 Oct 2016 22:03

Eronox wrote:Shouldn't this be locked for a long time ago? Since the author got her answer a long time ago.
Her last post was done today so more topics were linked to answer her so...

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests