1. Register for the competition
Use the command ".ironman info" to learn how to do this. This will automatically invite you to the official Ironman Guild, if you are not in a guild. It is not a requirement you be in the official guild, but you may not use guild money to repair your items or take items from guild banks if you are in an alternate guild.
2. Don't die
You will need to reach the level 80 without dying. Players who have recorded deaths will be moved to the Honourable Dead leaderboard. PvP related deaths on TW realm also count. Avoid enemy players!
3a. Disallowed activities
You may not use potions (other than health/mana potions, see #4 below), elixirs, flasks, enchantments, glyphs or anything causing EXP boosts (this includes Recruit-A-Friend and our optional 2x or 3x rates). You may not equip anything green (including bags!), blue, purple, or orange. Gear enhancements, such as armor kits or scope enchant (ranged weapon) are disallowed (even though they are white, they are still counted as enchantments). You may not use items purchased via Vote Points in the Web Shop. You may not mail yourself items or money from alternate characters. You may not join a party, battleground, dungeon, arena, or raid. You may not learn professions (other than First Aid). You may not gain buffs through food or scrolls. You may not receive ports or summons from other players. You may not use account-wide abilities. Using a Soulstone or Reincarnation
3b. Bonus restriction - Bloodthirsty Challenge
If you're a sucker for punishment, limit yourself to only completing 75 quests or fewer on your deathless journey to level cap. If you accidentally complete more than 75, you will be automatically removed from the Bloodthirsty Challenge and added to the regular Ironman Challenge. Though the reward for completion of this challenge is the same as for the base Ironman Challenge.
4. Permitted activities
You may use anything specific to your class, including class talents and buffs. You may equip gray or white items. You may use mana or health pots (NOT healthstones unless you are a Warlock). You may receive buffs from players you run into but you cannot ask them to buff you. You may learn the First Aid profession. If an elixir is required for a quest, you may apply it exactly once. You may gain the well-rested XP bonus from being in a city or inn. You may send yourself vanity items from other characters, such as shirts/dresses/tabards which do not provide any stat modifications. (Feel free to grab a tabard from the Guild bank, but put it back when you're done with the competition.) Your pets and minions may die. You may use Shadowmeld and Feign Death spells. You may travel using Hearthstone and/or Riding skill. You may get drunk, as long as no beneficial buffs are given in tandem. You may complete the [For The Horde!] quest, which automatically rewards the [Warchief's Blessing] buff.
5. Honor the spirit of the competition
If you're ever in doubt, remember that this challenge is MEANT to be hard. Use your best judgement to decide if something is likely to be permitted, but don't be afraid to ask if you're uncertain. There are many veterans who have been around the competition and its rules for a while who you can ask for guidance.
6. Rewards for successful completion
Contenders who emerge successfully will receive the [Reins of the Bengal Tiger] on a Level 70+ character of their choice. This mount is a 100% speed mount (despite what the tooltip may say). The character must be on the same account as their Ironman victor.
Claim your mount from the Ironman page on the website.
- Death Knights are NOT eligible.
- You may enter as many times as you'd like, and can continue using the same name as long as disqualified characters are deleted.
- Many rule violations are automatically detected and will notify you in-game of your disqualification.
- Adjudicators are Errorista and Dymond.
- Report any rulebreaking or glitches in the Ironman forum thread (here) or privately to an adjudicator.
- Competition credits ideas from Ironman and Bloodthirsty but has been modified to suit TrueWoW.
Please contact and adjudicator and include a screenshot with any report of glitches that you believe unfairly disqualified you from the competition. Known bugs which we will NOT allow death resets for include using Warrior's Charge, Mage's Blink, or lagging while riding the Undercity elevator. Each suspicious death reported is investigated on a case-by-case basis. Please do not play on a disqualified Ironman character until you have received approval from the adjudicator.
- Important Note! The quest [A Lost Master] requires equipping of a green rarity cloak. At present, this will disqualify you (automatically) from the competition. Please ask for a reactivation in the competition if this happens to you, as we work to add this item to the special exceptions list.
- Avoid caves.
- Avoid creatures that have Fear ability and you are in hilly terrain (e.g. pterodactyls in Un'Goro Crater), you may fall underground.
- Avoid Un'Goro Crater in general because of many roaming elites.
- Avoid Undercity Elevator.
- Avoid Darkshire because of roaming [Stitches].
- Avoid world boss areas because they will PVP flag you and other players might kill you.
- Always have some spare Health Potions on hotkeys.
- If you start lagging, log out immediately and log some other time.
- Avoid Southshore! The Shadowy Assassins cluster in the middle of the village if they aren't killed by players.