Recover account after merge

Dude

Recover account after merge

#1 » Post by Dude » 29 Mar 2016 16:24

Hey guys,
after some time i tried to login to the server again and utterly failed. Seems like i missed the server merge. After reading up on it, I now know that my account was probably renamed with a dot, which worked out to login into the forums. Now, when I try to recover my password for the game account I get an error that 'such e-mail and account name combination does not exist'. I tried all combinations of account name with/without dot and valid e-mail adresses i might have used.
Probably I missed out on something...but what?
Is there maybe a way to manually send the password?

I'd appreciate any help <3

Doctor_J
Developer

Re: Recover account after merge

#2 » Post by Doctor_J » 29 Mar 2016 16:30

Well there maybe bad news about this depending on which server merge you are talking about as if it was Spermik and you never logged since merge then more than likely your characters and account have long gone, possibly same with Bloodcraft if your account was not active when merge occured as inactive accounts used to be purged from database if had not been logged for 6 months (this does not happen anymore and believe last such clean up occured halfway through 2013

But even if account still exists and anyone else knew account information it is possible that the password and/or email address for account has been changed,

Dude

#3 » Post by Dude » 29 Mar 2016 16:32

Oh no, I'm just talking about the primal-/true-wow merge. And I'm highly confused :D

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 29 Mar 2016 16:35

There isn't any account linked to your forum account. What was your character name?

Dude

#5 » Post by Dude » 29 Mar 2016 16:38

Yeah, that's the problem. As my account was renamed I am supposed to relink my account. That's where I'm stuck. My characters (on primal wow) include Ulf and Ulfsark

Roel
Founder

#6 » Post by Roel » 29 Mar 2016 17:03

In your case I was able to remove the dot from the username because the TrueWoW account was inactive and no longer had any characters. If you didn't yet do a password reset by mail then the old username and password should work again to link it to your forum account.

I could actually also change your forum account back to "Dude" if you want. For that please send me a private message to confirm and make sure that you don't have trouble logging in next time.

Moving this topic to resolved, it was supposed to be handled by message in the first place to prevent this extra confusion.