[Accepted] [PW] The scepter of the shifting sands

.koljo

[Accepted] [PW] The scepter of the shifting sands

#1 » Post by .koljo » 19 Mar 2016 12:22

Its obvious we arent getting AQ opening event on the server as devs dont have time to do that and got better things to do.
So as i was grinding bugs in silithus for brood reputation I started to think if its worth it.I thought that mount and title would be
pretty nice incentive to continue farming the rep and getting rest of the scepter quest chain done.
You may think it would be silly just to give anyone who bangs a gong a legendary mount as there wont be 10 hour time limit
if there is no opening event at all but i was thinking that everyone who bangs the gong before AQ40 should get it.You could just give few weeks after enabling the rest of the chain to be able to obtain title and after deadline its just usual weapon reward.
Here is my thoughts about doing this.There is only like 10 ppl on server or less that are already neutral with brood and not much more
are full time grinding to get the rep.Giving people incentive to farm will increase overall activity of the population and
give them something else to do instead of just raidlogging.Also it give guilds something else to do by helping people who are doing the chain as the most of it isnt solo content.
I would like to know what Primal staff thinks about this and what plans they had. Enabling the quest isnt much work for dev team as there is 80% of the quest already ingame.

.koljo

Re: [PW] The scepter of the shifting sands

#2 » Post by .koljo » 26 Mar 2016 10:27

Would prefer a simple no from anyone in charge than nothing for a week...

Gnurg

#3 » Post by Gnurg » 26 Mar 2016 10:33

simple no
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

silverius

#4 » Post by silverius » 26 Mar 2016 11:00

Or even enable it permanently so future players would spend more time on the server trying to get the mount + title (or at least until tbc) I know this isn't blizzlike but its also unblizzlike to have it disabled and a disservice to those who are dedicated to this server, but instead it could be a very nice "thank you" to them :) Same goes with titles like "Hand of A'dal" and similar shebangs.

elementalice

#5 » Post by elementalice » 26 Mar 2016 11:35

what about people who already completed chain qest :P, beside me, i know few more who already did entire chain.

Nymunne
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Nymunne » 26 Mar 2016 11:41

Guys please read the topic before making a post as you are not helping. Even the topic title says that this is for PrimalWow and not TrueWow.

Regarding the OP question / suggestion: I wouldn't want something to be implemented just so it can be there without actually working and giving players easy access to things. Why I am saying this is because when this does gets fixed then the other players will need to do it proper way while others simply had it easy mode made for them.

.koljo

#7 » Post by .koljo » 26 Mar 2016 11:55

Whole questline that is enabled currently works even the scripted thingy at gates of ahn'qiraj is bearable.I would guess only the Moonglade event isnt working properly and needs to be scripted but rest of the quests is kill and collect stuff. Also, I wouldn't agree this is easy mode as people who actually did the reputation grind and enabled quests put alot of time and effort into it and that should be the proper way.
Thank you for the reply its appreciated

silverius

#8 » Post by silverius » 26 Mar 2016 18:38

.koljo wrote:I wouldn't agree this is easy mode as people who actually did the reputation grind and enabled quests put alot of time and effort into it and that should be the proper way.
Thank you for the reply its appreciated
Seconded.

Roel
Founder

#9 » Post by Roel » 12 Apr 2016 18:21

The staff has been quite busy with a number of more important projects. I personally don't know much about these quests but it's just a matter of having a staff member who wants to look into this (so far nobody).

One thing to keep in mind, that legendary mount is in the shop for TrueWoW. If the realms get merged in 5 years, the same will apply to Primal. So having it as reward for a one-time event would make players lose a sense of accomplishment later.

Nephyx
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Nephyx » 12 Apr 2016 19:40

As mentioned, I believe almost every quest from the chain works properly except maybe for 1 quest which is at QC (not sure, can test).

Anyway, in my opinion, if nothing else, it would be good to have the last quest of the chain disabled till AQ release. When some player will be finishing with completing the quest chain, he will let us know and we can enable the final quest for 1 day (can announce the day), so players who are on the last part of the chain might complete the quest line within that day and obtain the title + get a mount.

After that one day we officially open the gates to AQ for all players.

Titles like this one should be obtainable on proggresive realm for sure, however, this is just my idea about how it could look like.
Right Conquers Might

.koljo

#11 » Post by .koljo » 12 Apr 2016 20:49

Nephyx wrote:As mentioned, I believe almost every quest from the chain works properly except maybe for 1 quest which is at QC (not sure, can test).

Anyway, in my opinion, if nothing else, it would be good to have the last quest of the chain disabled till AQ release. When some player will be finishing with completing the quest chain, he will let us know and we can enable the final quest for 1 day (can announce the day), so players who are on the last part of the chain might complete the quest line within that day and obtain the title + get a mount.

After that one day we officially open the gates to AQ for all players.

Titles like this one should be obtainable on proggresive realm for sure, however, this is just my idea about how it could look like.
That was my idea to but currently last quests in all three forks are disabled. For example, vael doesnt even offer the quest to kill nef and loot shard. It would be best if those final quests are enabled up to the Bang the gong quest which should be enabled for 1 day before AQ releases. We need some time to complete those quests as they require raid bosses. I spoke to some players who did all the avaible quests and we agreed we would wait the day to bang a gong so we all get mount and title.

silverius

#12 » Post by silverius » 14 Apr 2016 19:03

Quest should be enabled on the day aq40 releases, or later than that if possible :)

Edit: Or 1 day before AQ40 releases.

rozrusznick

#13 » Post by rozrusznick » 15 Apr 2016 11:15

At this moment every single quests that are enable works correctly. We have 2 more quests for Green Shard, where http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Quest:The ... _Manifests is the only quest in chain that might don't work correctly. 1 more quest for Red Shard, 1 for Blue Shard and 3 more before http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Quest:Bang_a_Gong!
I agree with Koljo that those quests should be add to game asap cause for geting Red Shard we need to clear BWL in 5 hours which is not a problem. The problem is that we can do this only one time for a week, and now in DTP there are 8 people who are going for final quest, so we need atleast 8 weeks for this.
Also like Silverius said Bang the Gong should be enable for one day before or on day when AQ40 release.
I talk with players in DTP and VK and now there are 12 people who want that achiev. Don' know how about Murmur and Sanctuary.
Roel wrote:One thing to keep in mind, that legendary mount is in the shop for TrueWoW. If the realms get merged in 5 years, the same will apply to Primal. So having it as reward for a one-time event would make players lose a sense of accomplishment later.
I agree, but mount it's just half of the award. If we can get this title, it will be one of most rare title in game that we can get.
Period - 60 Shadow Priest

silverius

#14 » Post by silverius » 15 Apr 2016 11:54

Yes please enable all the quests prior to http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Quest:Bang_a_Gong! because many of those quests have quest items that can only be looted by one person per raid.

Atm we cannot recieve these quests to continue the chain:
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Quest:The ... _Manifests - [Green Scepter Shard] fork
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Quest:Nef ... Corruption - [Red Scepter Shard] fork
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Quest:The ... escription - [Blue Scepter Shard] fork

Here is the summary of the entire quest chain :)
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/The_Scept ... in#Summary

chillywalyl

#15 » Post by chillywalyl » 15 Apr 2016 12:54

+1 for this getting implemented.

Do we know if this was already implemented on Nost? If they were going to release their code then Primal might be able to reuse some of that code.

This quest line offers the people who don't enjoy PvP a long term goal and it would be very deflating to finish the farming the rep and do the previous quests in the quest line just for it to stop all of the sudden.