[Rejected] [Poll] PvP or PvE realm?

Should the realm type be PvP so you can always get attacked by the other faction in neutral zones?

Yes change it to PvP so there is some more danger to leveling.
44%
Keep it PvE, however it's acceptable to convert some of the high level zones to PvP.
13%
No, keep it PvE so everyone can flag themselves for PvP whenever they want.
43%

Total votes: 567

edgarsabin

[Rejected] [Poll] PvP or PvE realm?

#1 » Post by edgarsabin » 22 Jun 2015 20:51

I seen a person state this server will be switching to from a PvE realm to a PvP realm in the future when we get enough population. I was just wondering if one of the developers could comment on this, as this changes things pretty dramatically.

Thank you!

Roel
Founder

Re: Will the server be switching from a PvE server to a PvP

#2 » Post by Roel » 22 Jun 2015 21:03

There are no such plans. Unless the majority of the community really wants this, we will stay PvE. The reason for this is that are already so many PvP servers that some players are joining us specifically because it's PvE.

edgarsabin

#3 » Post by edgarsabin » 22 Jun 2015 21:12

Thank you! I was hoping to hear that, as I am here due to the server being PvE.

.Xannidel

#4 » Post by .Xannidel » 22 Jun 2015 21:44

Oh thank God!
I am so tired of seeing PVP private WoW servers, it's so refreshing to see a PVE one.

gaigeloo

#5 » Post by gaigeloo » 22 Jun 2015 22:28

I prefer PvE too to prevent ganking. There are still Battlegrounds where we can always go whenever we feel like doing PvP

T_Rex
Donor

#6 » Post by T_Rex » 23 Jun 2015 00:04

gaigeloo wrote:I prefer PvE too to prevent ganking. There are still Battlegrounds where we can always go whenever we feel like doing PvP
I am a straight PvE'er. Raiding/Dungeons is why I enjoy this game.

That being said, I disagree with the reasoning here. I think ganking is healthy in WoW. I think ganking pushes the "hate" (that faction hatred is important to lore and the game). If I am an Alliance toon, and I am running down the road - if a Horde guy smashes me .. well, that's what he should do. We're on opposite sides of the War. Now, camping .. that's different. If that dude spends an hour killing me every time I rez .. well, that's lame.

All of that aside though. I'm glad this is a PvE server. This means I can PvP when/IF I want - and not be forced into it.
- Coja (Balance/Resto Druid)

bamfer123
Donor

#7 » Post by bamfer123 » 23 Jun 2015 02:26

I'm the opposite, I played wow purely for the PVP part of the game, currently have 4 toons in the 2100-2200 Brackets just chilling on live which I stopped playing 4-5 months ago due to all the honorbuddy users in arena, time for a change, liked the idea of this progressive server and aswel that there still is arena's!, world PVP would have been nice even in specific zones only but I can do without, game and community wise so far so good!
Bamfer- Dwalf Paladin.

Zheromer

#8 » Post by Zheromer » 23 Jun 2015 09:32

Glad to hear that there are more than just me that is a PvE whore! I not that I don't enjoy some pvp, but that is more arena or bg, not douche bag camping in lowbie areas or farming spots. Hoping that this server will bring a the PvE masses onboard, and we get bigger population. Anyway, thanks for clearing up that this will remain a PvE server Prime.

.Vaati

#9 » Post by .Vaati » 24 Jun 2015 11:29

If you want world pvp you can still walk into the opposite faction's city where you'll be force flagged just like when entering all enemy zones. The difference only comes in contested zones after all

.SMORGEYBORK

#10 » Post by .SMORGEYBORK » 26 Jun 2015 03:39

Was interested in the unique progression mechanic but this is a dealbreaker for me. Enjoy your carebear server.

StormSpirit

#11 » Post by StormSpirit » 26 Jun 2015 04:49

I'm not interested in another forced PvP server, thanks.
<Wipe Scene Investigation>
Urazko, 55 troll hunter
Stormspirit, 22 tauren shaman

T_Rex
Donor

#12 » Post by T_Rex » 26 Jun 2015 05:49

SMORGEYBORK wrote:Was interested in the unique progression mechanic but this is a dealbreaker for me. Enjoy your carebear server.
This is an interesting response to me. Why do people feel so strongly about a PvP server ? I've always thought that PvE servers give you the best both worlds. That, if you want to PvP .. BGs, Arenas, are fun PvP options. But, if you don't feel like it .. then you aren't forced to. Why is that immediately considered "carebear" to some ? I know some pretty mean PvPers that played on PvE realms. They all got their fix fighting fair fights, near equal levels, with others who wanted to be fighting them. Getting into a BG or Arena is easy.

Especially when leveling up. Everyone has been frustrated by that guy 10+ levels above you that just won't leave you alone. I've never understood the enjoyment out of that.
- Coja (Balance/Resto Druid)

.SMORGEYBORK

#13 » Post by .SMORGEYBORK » 26 Jun 2015 09:16

T_Rex wrote:
SMORGEYBORK wrote:Was interested in the unique progression mechanic but this is a dealbreaker for me. Enjoy your carebear server.
This is an interesting response to me. Why do people feel so strongly about a PvP server ? I've always thought that PvE servers give you the best both worlds. That, if you want to PvP .. BGs, Arenas, are fun PvP options. But, if you don't feel like it .. then you aren't forced to. Why is that immediately considered "carebear" to some ? I know some pretty mean PvPers that played on PvE realms. They all got their fix fighting fair fights, near equal levels, with others who wanted to be fighting them. Getting into a BG or Arena is easy.

Especially when leveling up. Everyone has been frustrated by that guy 10+ levels above you that just won't leave you alone. I've never understood the enjoyment out of that.
I enjoy the sense of danger that comes with leveling on a pvp server. Mobs are not usually strong enough to pose much of a threat, especially in WotLK compared to vanilla or TBC. You can also pick and choose your fights with mobs.

PVP servers provide a spontaneity that PVE servers can't. Being ganked and camped by some asshole? Call your buddies and get them to come kill him. Don't have friends or you're not a guild? Hop into world and ask some people, there's always someone ready to fight. Why are you even playing an MMO if you don't want player interaction?

What is even the point of having two factions if wpvp is disabled? Might as well have everyone speaking common and make the whole world a sanctuary.

From an RP standpoint, it's extremely immersion breaking. If I see some nasty evil undead from the other faction walk by in STV and there's some magical force that prevents me from pasting his ass, that breaks my immersion. Maybe it's not as jarring as some asshole with the name BruceJenner or qtmagexx in alt characters, but it's still irritating.

I firmly believe that PVE servers are for those who want a neutered experience. There is more to the game than dungeon crawling or battlegrounds. There's a living world outside the city walls and it's supposed to feel alive and dangerous.

trapchristian

#14 » Post by trapchristian » 26 Jun 2015 11:00

gaigeloo wrote:I prefer PvE too to prevent ganking. There are still Battlegrounds where we can always go whenever we feel like doing PvP
It is just so much more satisfying ganking someone out in the world :evil:

UndeadWaffles

#15 » Post by UndeadWaffles » 26 Jun 2015 15:28

trapchristian wrote:It is just so much more satisfying ganking someone out in the world :evil:
I like having the feeling that anyone from another faction could just run up at any time and gank me. It seems weird but it almost makes the world a bit more believable for me. I don't think this is a reason to switch over to PvP, though. I'm sure there are many people playing here because of the fact that this is a PvE server. If Primal were to become big enough to support 2+ servers, it would be a nice addition to have a PvP server alongside this current one.