[Rejected] Two RDF suggestions

blagovest_tonev

[Rejected] Two RDF suggestions

#1 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 04 Mar 2015 07:16

Hey! I have 2 suggestions, and I think they'll make happy the ones who use the RDF tool often. My suggestions are:

1. To be added a 15 minutes Deserter debuff for those who leave the queue when the window pops, and for those who afk the invite. At the moment you can leave the queue and afk the invite at any time, without being punished for this, so you can do it all day to make people angry and force them to go for premade groups.

2. Adding a script that would reset the RDF queues every X hour(s), I think implementing this will make our RDF farming much easier and faster - we wouldn't need to make premade groups to queue.
Last edited by blagovest_tonev on 29 Dec 2016 09:12, edited 1 time in total.

Fastor

Re: Two RDF suggestions

#2 » Post by Fastor » 04 Mar 2015 11:56

1. Yes but adding rule to suggestion (if they do it twice in less than 30min). IP checked.
Reason is first one can be mistake, but if someone start trolling than fuck him. Can even put 24h debuf.

2. Agree.

belendor

#3 » Post by belendor » 04 Mar 2015 12:05

Is the reset on rdf queues not yet automaticly? Damn, lazy devs :p
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Hansrutger » 04 Mar 2015 12:35

Lol I'm guessing only players who play dps will agree to first point. Dammit people reroll to tanks and healers and you won't have any issues with instaqueue lol.

Agree on the second suggestion. Rdf can get out of hands sometimes and show that I need a healer whilst a friend of mine needs a dps. I know that it is depending on that someone might duo queue etc but it shouldn't really happen, then the rdf tool should imo put together the groups so one of them can go and do rhc.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

toamuka
Donor

#5 » Post by toamuka » 04 Mar 2015 12:39

Hansrutger wrote:Lol I'm guessing only players who play dps will agree to first point. Dammit people reroll to tanks and healers and you won't have any issues with instaqueue lol.

Agree on the second suggestion. Rdf can get out of hands sometimes and show that I need a healer whilst a friend of mine needs a dps. I know that it is depending on that someone might duo queue etc but it shouldn't really happen, then the rdf tool should imo put together the groups so one of them can go and do rhc.

I never knew that RDF took so long to queue for at 80 because ive always played tank/healer :D But i can confirm with you there are a very limited amount of tanks and healers for anything,

But i don't think a deserter debuff of 15 minutes should help anything other than reduce trolling which isn't really an issue right now from what i've seen in queues, imagine being queued for 30+ minutes RDF... going to pee... come back and get 15 mins deserter? I think i'd just give in.

But that's just my opinion man.
When people think WoW is supposed to be a balanced game.
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE WG Quest Fix つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
[/url]

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Hansrutger » 04 Mar 2015 12:42

Even retail queuing as dps took 40 minutes for me in Wotlk lol. And then I went afk for 1 min, came back and I was out of queue... ffs xD but usually took 30-40 minutes so we are definitely Blizzlike haha
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Doctor_J
Developer

#7 » Post by Doctor_J » 04 Mar 2015 13:04

ye I thought retail dungeons where meant to literally instant invite if you queue for dungeon but have since found that to be far from the case, ye queueing as dps while levelling you can end up in queue for hours with no dungeon popping (and im talking about wotlk content) think retail is very much like tw in that sense people only bother queueing for max level (highest gear dungeons) and noone bothers with rest.

blagovest_tonev

#8 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 04 Mar 2015 19:10

Hansrutger wrote:Lol I'm guessing only players who play dps will agree to first point. Dammit people reroll to tanks and healers and you won't have any issues with instaqueue lol.
Me and a guildie of mine are currently leveling druids. We queue as all roles, and sometimes we have to wait 30 minutes for a dungeon, and sometimes after being queued for 30 minutes or so, there's someone who afks or declines the invite. So, your point isn't true at 100%. Yes, I agree queueing as dps only gives longer queues, but that's not the case all the time, sometimes you'll have to wait for dps's for kinda some time.
Fastor wrote: 1. Yes but adding rule to suggestion (if they do it twice in less than 30min). IP checked.
Reason is first one can be mistake, but if someone start trolling than fuck him. Can even put 24h debuf.
That's a good point. I don't mind having such a rule along with the Deserter feature, but I really want to see the Deserter debuff implemented on this server.

Nyeriah

#9 » Post by Nyeriah » 04 Mar 2015 19:13

Very unlikely to be accepted, people already whine a lot over deserter buff, imagine they whining over getting it on the queues they missed out...

Fastor

#10 » Post by Fastor » 04 Mar 2015 19:18

l gave pretty good condition to Deserter. Now imagine how we feel when Bele or Teraan constantly queue and cancel queue.

Just simply put Deserter if someone afk or cancel queue.

And let me say again, CANCEL and AFK, twice. Leaving queue before it pops up via right click on button near minimap is ok, so people can add aditional spec which they are ok to queue.

About auto reset RDF l dont really see why not to add. Prodigy said two years ago that he will check what is wrong and thing is still broken, so its better to have it auto reset each hour than to wait 5 hours some of GMs wake up.

Nyeriah

#11 » Post by Nyeriah » 04 Mar 2015 19:24

Still strictly against it for how inconvenient it is.

blagovest_tonev

#12 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 04 Mar 2015 19:51

mcheka

#13 » Post by mcheka » 05 Mar 2015 07:39

Regarding the second one, I suggested this awhile back and it seemed to get a pretty good response including from Nye and prodigy. Link: http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14243

There was some talk of either fixing the RDF queue if it was as easy as it sounded in that thread, or implementing a periodic script to clear them. Since this is the second person who's asked for this suggestion and it's still getting a positive response all around, any chance for that auto-clear script as a stop-gap measure before any eventual fixing of the queue? Thanks!
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

blagovest_tonev

#14 » Post by blagovest_tonev » 19 Mar 2015 10:18

News?

Doctor_J
Developer

#15 » Post by Doctor_J » 19 Mar 2015 15:35

http://www.wowwiki.com/Dungeon_Deserter

Wrath-Logo-Small Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): The Deserter debuff given to players who leave a dungeon prematurely when queuing via the Random Dungeon option has been increased to 30 minutes, up from 15 minutes. The cooldown for using the Random Dungeon option remains 15 minutes.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=71328/dungeon-cooldown