Player Anhelika using some kind of item hack

Makarov

Player Anhelika using some kind of item hack

#1 » Post by Makarov » 20 Jan 2014 04:38

http://www.truewow.org/armory/character.php?n=Anhelika

The weapon is enchanted with superior wizard oil which cannot be used until level 58

emsy
Former Staff

Re: Player Anhelika using some kind of item hack

#2 » Post by emsy » 20 Jan 2014 05:02

Apparently the enchants stays when heirloom is enchanted on high level character and sent via mail to low level character. I'm not sure whether the actual enchant works, because:

this is a twink created at TBC http://www.truewow.org/armory/character.php?n=Antitwink , you can notice the leg enchant which requires level 50 now. The trousers can still be worn but the enchant letters are red in game, read "Requires level 50" and the enchant simply doesn't work anymore

Makarov

#3 » Post by Makarov » 20 Jan 2014 05:38

correct me if im wrong but temporary item enchants cause the item to be soulbound

emsy
Former Staff

#4 » Post by emsy » 20 Jan 2014 05:58

Makarov wrote:correct me if im wrong but temporary item enchants cause the item to be soulbound
Doesn't apply to heirlooms in same way, as they are soulbound by default. If it was true, it would make alts of leveling rogues/warlocks unhappy since poisons/stones are temp enchants as well

I've just tested in game and the enchant still works even at low level. I wouldn't call it an abuse, just like usage of fish feast spawned by a high level, unless provided enough information from retail servers of its intended mechanics

Devosan

#5 » Post by Devosan » 20 Jan 2014 06:02

I would call this an abuse, as they are intentionally applying it from a high level toon in order to gain an unfair advantage in BGs. The spellpower it provides is really overkill for BGs, a level 19 that does 120 damage ticks with Shadow word: Pain.. LOL. By the way it shouldn't be working on low level.

Makarov

#6 » Post by Makarov » 20 Jan 2014 06:05

Im still fairly certain its not supposed to but hey if gms will allow it we all might as well exploit it then

Devosan

#7 » Post by Devosan » 20 Jan 2014 06:11

Well, the fact that it says "requires level 58" should say enough for normal people: It should NOT work for players BELOW 58. But Emsy still needs proof. /facepalm.

emsy
Former Staff

#8 » Post by emsy » 20 Jan 2014 06:20

Devosan wrote:Well, the fact that it says "requires level 58" should say enough for normal people: It should NOT work for players BELOW 58. But Emsy still needs proof. /facepalm.
Please, keep your personal attacks for your own topics.

Seems nothing left to be done on the subject. Suspect pleaded not guilty

~locking