Ventrilo Server available

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
barelyalive

Re: Ventrilo Server available

#16 » Post by barelyalive » 30 Nov 2010 02:47

curious now if anyone else is having intermittent issues?

Mirji

#17 » Post by Mirji » 30 Nov 2010 12:23

I don't have any problems.Check if you have the latest version (3.0.7).

fenix13lade

#18 » Post by fenix13lade » 01 Dec 2010 04:21

still cant connect.....i read around the net and many people have this problem and it seems like for most it comes out of nowhere. I tried many things but nothing helped.....all my firewalls allow vent and still nothing. I would be awesome if someone figures out what the hell is wrong

EDIT: Figured it out and im back online...back in black? lol.......but nevertheless it was something idiotic and i should proly switch from McAfee since the AV's firewall was the thing blocking it somehow even though ive told it to allow...but its fixed now no more problems on the horizon

barelyalive

#19 » Post by barelyalive » 01 Dec 2010 11:57

then welcome 'black' :)

barelyalive

#20 » Post by barelyalive » 20 Dec 2010 16:46

Just advising that I have updated the server info as some seem to get the 'unable to resolve hostname' and added some random youtube vid for those who are new to setting it up

enjoy

Stryke

#21 » Post by Stryke » 20 Dec 2010 16:51

We need more people to join it. Some of these ventrilo chat sessions are awesome ^^

Universe

#22 » Post by Universe » 20 Dec 2010 17:45

They are great, I come on vent and there goes the boom. having game time combined with vent makes awesome gaming fun..

barelyalive

#23 » Post by barelyalive » 21 Dec 2010 03:12

I have come to the conclusion that a lot of users dont read the forums and thus the only way to promote the ventrillo server is via ingame. more people are coming it seems, its just slower than expected

Intervention
Former Staff

#24 » Post by Intervention » 21 Dec 2010 09:59

Perhaps every guild should advertise it in guild message of the day on occasion. Or perhaps, permission can be sought out from Roel to place it in the auto broadcast.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

cynical

#25 » Post by cynical » 21 Dec 2010 11:04

Not to dismiss your work and efforts (I run various servers as well, and I know how machine and bandwidth intensive these things can be), but have you considered a murmur/mumble server? My own basic testing with that setup resulted in some very good, low latency voice communication. Bonus points that it's open source, much lighter weight than ventrillo, and available on windows, mac and linux platforms.

Bulin

#26 » Post by Bulin » 22 Dec 2010 16:40

I use this ventrilo server. is it the only one for truewow? :|
needs people hehe but im on everytime i play.

barelyalive

#27 » Post by barelyalive » 04 Jan 2011 10:19

hi guys,

back from holidays, but to answer @Bulin's q', from my understanding it is the only vent for TrueWow at the moment. This isn't a home hosted server, this is an actual dedicated vent server that I am sponsoring. So I am not worried about my bandwidth, but I'm sure there is plenty of bandwidth to support more than the <10 users who join consistently.

If GM's want to broadcast the vent, that is entirely their call, do not want Roel to throw a fuss over this thing (after all, its not his and he probably does not care about it). This was more for the general community from me to y'all

If guilds want to advertise it as well, the better. As I have done in the past, I can create specific guild chan's where requested. Again, just find me in-game or ask someone from Eternity to hunt me down (or find Universe as he is normally trying to kill me in BG's)

oh, and I hope y'all had happy holidays

Whatchya

#28 » Post by Whatchya » 06 Jan 2011 22:46

I think i will try it out.

Just entered it, when does it have some ppl on? Its 23:04 server time atm.

barelyalive

#29 » Post by barelyalive » 07 Jan 2011 09:53

maelstrom used to show up around 9pm my time which is in AU .. some show up earlier though

Stryke

#30 » Post by Stryke » 07 Jan 2011 13:32

I would be on it if I had my mike which I left back at uni /doh
I can still come on vent to hear stuff though.