Greetings! A few questions...

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
XxNaHtExX

Greetings! A few questions...

#1 » Post by XxNaHtExX » 22 Dec 2012 12:47

Edit: All questions have been properly answered. Thanks again to axe and Intervention!

Hello everyone.
I'm new to this server, and was just curious...
(Before reading on, please note that I mean no disrespect with any of my questions. So far I've really enjoyed myself. A big thanks to everyone making this server possible!)

I tend to make more Horde characters than I do Alliance; I usually go Horde.
However, I'm quite a fan of the Night Elves, and as this server currently appears to have more Horde than Alliance characters (according to the Statistics page), I decided to make my first character a Night Elf Priest. This being said, is it possible to make a Horde character on the same realm (with the same account)? I realize it is on some servers (including the official Blizzard servers), but I haven't personally tried this yet, and as I've already put away my laptop (which I play on), I figured I'd ask here.
(Answered by axe - thanks again!)

Also, upon registering a forum account here, we're required to input information regarding our character race, class, and level (I'm currently only level 7 on my Night Elf). Is it currently possible to change/update this information? If not, no big deal, just curious. Figured this one out, sorry about that. Doesn't appear to be possible from the forum home page, but I noticed the Options button up there.

Last two questions (for now :P)
1.) I received a message from the server mentioning the ability to open a ticket (I believe it was?) to invite people currently online to a battleground/arena/dungeon/raid (I may be listing more than it actually covers; if so I apologize). This isn't actually required, is it? Can you still just use the battleground and dungeon finder feature?

2.) The server messages (the ones that give you tips and information)... will they be a constant thing, or will they cease eventually? Again, if not, it's not going to ruin the experience for me.

Sorry for all of the questions; trying to get everything down in one topic.
I apologize if these questions have already been addressed.
Thanks very much to everyone with any relevant information!
Last edited by Guest on 22 Dec 2012 19:44, edited 2 times in total.

axe

Re: Greetings! A few questions...

#2 » Post by axe » 22 Dec 2012 12:53

I'm in rush so I'll just answer to your first quest:
Yes you can make horde and alliance characters on same account and realm.

XxNaHtExX

#3 » Post by XxNaHtExX » 22 Dec 2012 12:55

axe wrote:I'm in rush so I'll just answer to your first quest:
Yes you can make horde and alliance characters on same account and realm.
Ah, very good to know.
Thank you very much!

Intervention
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Intervention » 22 Dec 2012 14:23

Yes you can update your forum information via the control panel for your profile.

I assume the message you speak of was the welcoming letter you get on any new characters? You can join bgs and dungeons however you wish. You can make a ticket for a bg announcement also. Not sure if that answers your question.

As for announces, yes in game announces on your chat box are permanent. You barely notice them after a while but they are essentially an ingame faq so they can be useful and some are added and removed for reason x or y.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

XxNaHtExX

#5 » Post by XxNaHtExX » 22 Dec 2012 19:33

Intervention wrote:Yes you can update your forum information via the control panel for your profile.

I assume the message you speak of was the welcoming letter you get on any new characters? You can join bgs and dungeons however you wish. You can make a ticket for a bg announcement also. Not sure if that answers your question.

As for announces, yes in game announces on your chat box are permanent. You barely notice them after a while but they are essentially an ingame faq so they can be useful and some are added and removed for reason x or y.
It was the announces I was talking about, but yes, that pretty much clears everything up :D
Thanks very much!