TrueWoW YouTube Introduction Competition

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
Intervention
Former Staff

TrueWoW YouTube Introduction Competition

#1 » Post by Intervention » 20 Dec 2012 00:57

So as a number of you may have read i am in the process of downloading all the videos uploaded to YouTube by you guys and re-uploading them under TrueWoW's banner.
Inter what are you on about?

This...
I have taken the liberty of downloading everyone's videos off our YouTube channel that are in the playlist etc. http://www.youtube.com/user/TrueWoWserver?feature=mhee

With this, i will begin uploading them under TrueWoW's YouTube page. This way your videos will be displayed with the author as TrueWoW on our page rather than just liked and added to a playlist on our page.

If you don't wish for this to happen just PM me and tell me your videos that you do not wish to be put on TrueWoW's page as TrueWoW as it's author.

Now, to answer some questions i can already see coming..

Yes, i will put in the description your personal channel so people will also check your channel out as well as ours, doubling views and exposure. If you wish i can add your armory too (if it exists) or just the TrueWoW armory.

If you have any other suggestions to improve your video exposure then just send me a PM
Now, yesterday i worked on a quick Intro to each video. This intro will be displayed at the beginning of every video with the 'Fallen Empire' part replaced by the video title you are watching.

This is what i made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhZAlvf3 ... e=youtu.be

So count that as the first submission to the competition ;) Now, here is the deal. You guys have a chance to make one yourself for TrueWoW!

You can include in it whatever you like. As long as it has the video title, the website and our name of course and some mention of it being blizzlike or a slogan (if you can think of one) i guess technically our slogan is most blizzlike private server, self acclaimed of course. It would be awesome to include our emblem that is seen on the Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/TrueWoW.Server?ref=hl (not the Christmas one).

The intro should go for no longer than 20-25 seconds, if you surpass that it's most probably too long and don't put copyrighted music on it like Justin Beiber as background music to the intro...

Upload it to YouTube (your own channel) and make it an UNLISTED video and then post the link here for everyone to watch. Make sure you upload it as good quality, 1080p. Title it YouTube Intro - "Your main char name" e.g. YouTube Intro - Intervention.

The prize?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=19160/conte ... ers-tabard

PLUS

200 vote points

The competition will last until just after New Years

Get video editing and get creative, good luck ;)
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Arockalypse
Donor

Re: TrueWoW YouTube Introduction Competition

#2 » Post by Arockalypse » 20 Dec 2012 15:32

Damn i suck badly at making videos :|
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Intervention
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Intervention » 21 Dec 2012 00:29

Thanks for the submission but make sure your videos are unlisted so by the end of the contest there isn't a bunch of TrueWoW intro videos on YouTube :lol:
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Etro
Honorary Member

#4 » Post by Etro » 21 Dec 2012 02:15

If you can give more time i could make a professional-like intro with After effects.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Intervention
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Intervention » 21 Dec 2012 02:20

Well you have until like...mid January. Enough time?
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Etro
Honorary Member

#6 » Post by Etro » 21 Dec 2012 02:26

Yes.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Etro
Honorary Member

#7 » Post by Etro » 21 Dec 2012 03:28

If you could extend it to mid April i could make it even better. If you extend it i have this idea with the server's emblem, making a 3D model of it with Cinema 4D. Something like the ring of Halo, The emblem would be this huge world in which some of the northrend areas will be displayed (Icecrown Citadel, Dalaran, etc.), not too detailed, though (It would take even longer), something like the detail of the opening of the Game of Thrones series. With quick texts in between that says "blizzlike", "3.3.5a", etc. As the areas are getting further you'll realise it is a ring, but the ring is not frozen, yet. The ring is spinning slowly (it seems, because it is huge), and in the middle of it, the T mixed with the W that is in the emblem will start appearing, like if ice were drawing it. And once it is finished it will freeze the ring, stopping it's movement and continuing with freezing the background. At last it will freeze the screen to give the pass to the title of the video. Aprox., all of it will take around 20 seconds. The thing that most time will require is the 3D modeling of the emblem. The after effects takes some, but not so much as the modeling.

P.D: I'm sorry for the bad english, i wrote this in a rush and i didn't mind in correcting it.

Intervention
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Intervention » 21 Dec 2012 04:35

Such a long time. You will have to promise you will do it though. For now I'll say end of january. And if you are still keen at that point i can continue the competition.
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Boxis
Donor

#9 » Post by Boxis » 21 Dec 2012 11:08

More complicated intros are mostly worse than positive ones,check AT intro for example-its simple,smooth and good looking. I think time till middle/end of january is more than enough for everyone.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Kindzadza » 21 Dec 2012 11:47

Yeap,the intro won't be on TV so it can be simple. :)

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Kindzadza » 21 Dec 2012 14:25

Warsight

#12 » Post by Warsight » 21 Dec 2012 15:42

This intro was ment to be a start of my PvP video that i haven't made, because i kinda quited playin... It might not meet the requirements, but i'll add a link anyway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7_-ShfTHYc

Hero_kris

#13 » Post by Hero_kris » 22 Dec 2012 18:30

If I knew how guys I would have tried to make one too. When I get the knowledge and time I ll make one just as a tribute to the already chosen one XD. Anyway I am writing as a humble voter and all of the intros until now are really good , but personally I like Warsight s best because of the ''Icy'' text - WotLK style XD. But if you think of it - other WotLK servers may have made their videos in an ''Icy'' style because of the same reason so Ratamir s intro may be a bit more unique for a WoW server. At my opinion Mythilogic s intro is good too but personally I dont like it because it is too ''centered'' but the ''Your journey starts here.'' really is a good line especially for people new to WoW XD !
This is a block of text that is added to all your posts. - You can find it in ''Inbox>Profile>Edit signature'' and write the thing you want to be added to your posts. - I wrote this so people who dont know how to set this can see.

Palcemvglaz

#14 » Post by Palcemvglaz » 22 Dec 2012 22:48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmkwrK9U3fo
I can change something if you want to!

Cover25

#15 » Post by Cover25 » 22 Dec 2012 22:50

Palcemvglaz wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmkwrK9U3fo
I can change something if you want to!
That one... so fricking cool( gave me chills) change the music to something more sketchy.