Future of Northrend

Pull up a chair, drink a mug of ale, meet new friends, tell stories, and role-play in this forum.
Noblebeastx

Future of Northrend

#1 » Post by Noblebeastx » 22 Jun 2010 07:58

With the Lich King dead, Maygos dead, the Scourge neutralized, and Yogg contained again, what does the future hold for Northrend?

The natives of Northrend have tiny populations (except the kobolds, maybe) and have been devastated by the fighting. The independent Tanunka are down to, what, 2 towns? The Tuskar aren't in too bad a shape, lost some villages in Borean Tundra but are otherwise holding on. In the end, this means huge tracts of land with either no claims or claims so feeble they can be ignored.

The land is rich in resources, will either the Horde or the Alliance (maybe both?) put up permanent settlements here? Will Dalaran found a new mageocratic nation, far from the endless fighting of EK and Kalimdor?

Personally, I think they would be fools to ignore the wealth and strategic assets of having colonies or cities now that the main threats are neutralized.

What do you think? Any hints out there, hidden amidst the lore?

demychaos

Re: Future of Northrend

#2 » Post by demychaos » 09 Apr 2011 12:44

I personally think they would not change northrend much more, because the quests etc. must stay intact for players level 70-80, but what i think they need to do is to make it a neutral country, whichever member of the horde and alliance wish to live near each other in peace and harmony, can come there. That would be awesome.

Hussain

#3 » Post by Hussain » 20 Feb 2012 04:54

The Lich King cannot die as the throne still exists and frostmourne still not destroyed. A new Lich King shall rise to replace the old and the scourge shall continue its conquest of death.

shadowdragon1925

#4 » Post by shadowdragon1925 » 19 May 2012 21:27

Frostmourne is destroyed, but there must always be a lich king, for without, the scourge will become bersek, without control, without limits, they would spread death in theyr wake.
But I believe that nothrend would be a neutral land, the origin of peace, Dalaran would be the center of it, like, the horde and the alliance would understand that they all fight for the good of Azerith and will sstop theyr fighting, i mean, who wants to live in a world filled with hatred?!
:)

rsgoldseos

#5 » Post by rsgoldseos » 31 May 2012 09:11

The building Lord really invincible, thought very have routines.

Flexall
Donor

#6 » Post by Flexall » 01 Jun 2012 00:11

rsgoldseos wrote:The building Lord really invincible, thought very have routines.

Stop advertising >.>
And now the links are gone :D
Last edited by Kindzadza on 01 Jun 2012 00:45, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Ads removed
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Code: Select all

Set Realmlist login.truewow.org
Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

wendyss

#7 » Post by wendyss » 05 Jun 2012 04:53

I like Puppies again.
Last edited by Intervention on 05 Jun 2012 05:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bot and annoying necro

Quixoticrogue
Donor

#8 » Post by Quixoticrogue » 16 Jul 2012 17:32

I plan to start a cold beer stand somewhere near some dwarves.
ImageAnyone got a light?

Quixoticrogue
Donor

#9 » Post by Quixoticrogue » 16 Jul 2012 17:33

alliance is ftw...we have ponies.
ImageAnyone got a light?

Dennis

#10 » Post by Dennis » 16 Jul 2012 23:48

wendyss wrote:I like Puppies again.
:shock:

Vicious

#11 » Post by Vicious » 05 Jul 2013 00:00

I think druids will come and cleanse Northrend, scourge will be contained in Icecrown...

Racamon

#12 » Post by Racamon » 14 Sep 2013 11:29

Well there is a lot of Fulborgs there, also Frenzies and Oracles, Vyrkuls too. Also Drakari Trolls will survive, you helped them through questlines to survive. In Cataclysm Drakaris will join forces with Amani Trolls and Zul Gurubs. Who knows what will happen to Northrend. I didn't find lore about it after wotlk era. Now you tickled my curiousity!