Retribution Paladins

Drago

Retribution Paladins

#1 » Post by Drago » 08 May 2012 15:57

Hello, I wanted to ask of level 80 or people who had a level 80 or experienced Retribution spec paladain, to try and explain me something about them, because, I'm making a progress in gear or GS but, the problem is I'm not smart at these things, in pve/pvp, would like to hear both suggestions on pvp/pve ;)
I can and I admitt, that sometimes I roll for a wrong spec/class thing... (Yes it includes icc25, lol but that wasn't intentionally >_<) It's not new here... lol but I don't do it on purpose, I just see better stats then mine and roll because I'm nervous with the counting thing D: I do know retri palys stack strenght, critical strike, Attack power I guess, since strenght gives attack power... And I do know Arm pent is bad for ret's but, problem is most of the gear in the Liadrin's Conquest set are with Arm Pent :p Anyway, waiting for any suggestions about gear/gems (weak in that too)/tactics in pvp, pve isn't such a problem with tactics...
What you visualize is what you create around you.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drago - Retribution/Protection Paladin [Main]
Shiftylegs - Restoration/Ballance Druid
Aquanova - Arcane/Fire Mage
Strongtail - Frost/Unholy DK
ImageImage

Cover25

Re: Retribution Paladins

#2 » Post by Cover25 » 08 May 2012 20:35

Well, from what i've seen. Top players on alliance for that class/spec are Deliverance/merkava. Might do you some good asking them for advice, however i'm nearly sure you shouldn't gem AP. That's the most i can help you with paladins for ret.....

Drago

#3 » Post by Drago » 08 May 2012 21:19

Hmm, well that's already a good advice lol, good thing I'm not gemming AP, but I do gem Strenght, crit strike and resillence but I'm not very sure of some of my gems... :\ Overall I want to do higher dps then what I do now, since I have like 5.39 GS and I do lame dps in normal dungeons, like 4-5k, and I think I can higher it to at least 5-6k somehow... Btw, you know the time zone of Devilerance/Merakva? Cause my timezone is more rare then the US or Uk etc... Near Romania/Egypt I'd say is +2 GMT
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage

Flexall
Donor

#4 » Post by Flexall » 08 May 2012 23:33

I have some descent advise as well...for the love of pallies don't try to raid heal as ret
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Code: Select all

Set Realmlist login.truewow.org
Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

Cover25

#5 » Post by Cover25 » 09 May 2012 02:18

Flexall wrote:I have some descent advise as well...for the love of pallies don't try to raid heal as ret

Gorecleave

#6 » Post by Gorecleave » 09 May 2012 03:26

well here is how u play ret. use judgement. divine storm. and crusader strike. u now know how to play the hardest class :D

Flexall
Donor

#7 » Post by Flexall » 09 May 2012 03:54

Cover25 wrote:
Flexall wrote:I have some descent advise as well...for the love of pallies don't try to raid heal as ret
You nab....you know there's many pallies that are ret and try to raid heal
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Code: Select all

Set Realmlist login.truewow.org
Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

Intervention
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Intervention » 09 May 2012 03:54

You can look at my spec on armory, its PVE ret.

As for gems, go strength and crit. Just go 20 strength for socket bonus that is under +4 strength or +4 crit etc.

Meta should be Chaotic skyflare (3% crit and increased crit damage) but to be honest you are better off going for the other meta which is like 21 agi and increased crit damage. But Inter what the hell, why agiltity meta? Because, using skyflare you need to waste two blue gems which means stamina which is useless. With the 21agi increased crit damage one, you don't need that.

Strength > Crit > Haste > Arm pen > spell power

those are your stat priorities. Not sure what else you really want to know, rotation is quite simple. judgement, crusader, divine, consecration with exorcism on art of war proc.

And don't listen to the kids that say ret paladin is easy, if it were so easy then everyone would be good at it yet they are not. Oh and don't go to merkava, he's poop.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Arockalypse
Donor

#9 » Post by Arockalypse » 09 May 2012 04:19

Intervention wrote:Oh and don't go to merkava, he's poop.
/Agree
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

narcissa

#10 » Post by narcissa » 09 May 2012 04:21

Intervention wrote:And don't listen to the kids that say ret paladin is easy
still, it's funny said by a dk :3

Cover25

#11 » Post by Cover25 » 09 May 2012 04:24

haters gonna hate.

Drago

#12 » Post by Drago » 09 May 2012 14:14

Intervention wrote:You can look at my spec on armory, its PVE ret.

As for gems, go strength and crit. Just go 20 strength for socket bonus that is under +4 strength or +4 crit etc.

Meta should be Chaotic skyflare (3% crit and increased crit damage) but to be honest you are better off going for the other meta which is like 21 agi and increased crit damage. But Inter what the hell, why agiltity meta? Because, using skyflare you need to waste two blue gems which means stamina which is useless. With the 21agi increased crit damage one, you don't need that.

Strength > Crit > Haste > Arm pen > spell power

those are your stat priorities. Not sure what else you really want to know, rotation is quite simple. judgement, crusader, divine, consecration with exorcism on art of war proc.

And don't listen to the kids that say ret paladin is easy, if it were so easy then everyone would be good at it yet they are not. Oh and don't go to merkava, he's poop.
So you mean I should ignore the socket bonus and mainly put strength there?
ImageImage

-

#13 » Post by - » 09 May 2012 19:35

-----
Last edited by Guest on 25 Feb 2013 23:43, edited 2 times in total.

Drago

#14 » Post by Drago » 10 May 2012 10:52

Wow, I surely appreciate that wall of text, lol ;) I read the whole of it because I actually want to improve myslef as a ret paladin (QQ), so as soon as I'm back on my computer, cause I gotta go now, am gonna do all that stuff ingame, xD lol
ImageImage

Bluebell
Former Staff

#15 » Post by Bluebell » 11 May 2012 17:46

If you have mana problems in pvp as ret use seal of command with the glyph...

And I once forgot to change out of my tank gear when I went heals, so had to heal in Prot gear, does that count?
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?