How to keep people interested

Step in and share ideas and experiences on in-guild and inter-guild relationships.
Elderon

How to keep people interested

#1 » Post by Elderon » 07 Mar 2011 01:16

I was recently made guild master of Warlords and was wondering if anyone had pointers on how to keep guild chat alive. its the biggest problem i have every time i make a guild.

Stryke

Re: How to keep people interested

#2 » Post by Stryke » 07 Mar 2011 01:24

Guild chat doesn't have to be alive to make it a nice lively guild. All you need if for guildies to start doing things together or hve something in common to talk about. The rest should just flow.
Newer guilds tend to have problems starting up because everyone is quite shy and not sure how to open a conversation.

Spidro

#3 » Post by Spidro » 09 Mar 2011 12:30

Just make sure you talk with your guildies... if you invite everyone you-ll most likelly have 75% of ppl not talking and not participating in stuff imo. So you needa make sure u inv cool ppl xD
You can always ask ppl some stuff or w/e.. but like stryke said.. in the end u just gotta let it flow xD
You can't hit what you can't see.

Spidro - LvL80 Orc Rogue
Happymeal - LvL80 Tauren Druid
Cheeseburger - LvL80 Tauren DeathKnight

i'm lovin' it

I will be back.

RawrWaffles

#4 » Post by RawrWaffles » 20 Mar 2011 03:13

1. Make sure your guild is level friendly :)
2. Have a wide option of events or conversations going on, using AddOns such as Group Calendar work nicely :)
3. Whenever your log in all ways introduce your server with 'Hello Guildees' - the notion of mentions Guildees somehow builds better friendships than 'Guild Members'
4. Be polite and kind, offer every spare time or item you have to managing your guild
5. Remember, it's not your guild, its ours :) Sharing is caring :)

-

#5 » Post by - » 13 Apr 2011 17:06

Yup, that's pretty much it, gd post Rawr (thumbs up) :)

netuser

#6 » Post by netuser » 24 Jun 2011 04:37

I think rarw pretty much summons it up. .but lacking one element. Guild chat has to keep people interested. . like jokes or something that keeps them interested in guild chat\ also :P that is a big key to great guilds also

Drago

#7 » Post by Drago » 20 Aug 2011 12:54

When I had a guild in another server, I invited only those who I randomly helped in quests, leveling or ofcourse pvp problems ;) if you invite them alwayes gz them for achievments, help them whenever they ask and you aren't too much of busy to do it, answer their questions about the guild, the tab, the tabard, even the macro's for inviting others they know! that way they will feel more responsible for the guild and they will feel that you trust them. Also do the best you can to make the guild info short and to the point, deside which people deserve promotions and don't promote too much and leave the newbs in the guild alone in that cold initiate rank ;p lol cuz they will be jelous of them eventually. Remember, to keep people chatting you need to start a converasation and make sure people are online (I suggest banning he people who aren't going online so often, cuz you want an active guild I understand...) then just let them flow their minds, like open a converasaion like: "Hey all, what do you think about (just find something interesting like music, videos and other games than WoW cuz tey already play it ;p)?" tell them jokes you find in the internet or just share your real life events, that are usually funny... like you saw someone doing something stupid etc. good luck friend :)
Edit: spelling, I typed too fast, lol.
What you visualize is what you create around you.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drago - Retribution/Protection Paladin [Main]
Shiftylegs - Restoration/Ballance Druid
Aquanova - Arcane/Fire Mage
Strongtail - Frost/Unholy DK
ImageImage

-

#8 » Post by - » 22 Aug 2011 02:22

... /facepalm
Creek wrote:...Coolnecrodude? I've noticed you've been doing it from time to time...why?
Dragonor wrote:I needed the post for my rank up, and this was interesting to reply too =p
Creek wrote:...*facepalm*
Teh_owner96 wrote:You're not the only one...

/facepalm
This is from another topic you necro'd, Drag, remember this? :lol:

Drago

#9 » Post by Drago » 22 Aug 2011 12:31

/facepalm
Get the hell out of this topic if you are just trolling it when I'm trying to seriously help people :p
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage

-

#10 » Post by - » 22 Aug 2011 12:43

... Wow, can't take a joke so calmly, I guess. Sorry, man. No hard feelings? ^_^' And I'm not trolling. If I was, I'd be like a second Rehan. :lol:

Drago

#11 » Post by Drago » 22 Aug 2011 12:55

Lol :\
ImageImage

-

#12 » Post by - » 22 Aug 2011 13:13

LOL It seems we're going off-topic every time we both get in the same topic. I'm going to stop posting here. :lol:

EDIT: Well, yes, like Rehan, excluding his ability to fail troll. :lol:

Mithrandir

#13 » Post by Mithrandir » 22 Aug 2011 13:17

/sigh...
Teh_owner, if he wishes to necro a topic, let him do so in peace. There is no need to follow him around all of the forums and making posts like post 7 in this thread. I understand that in this particular matter he's just trying to help out, even though someone has already given a good reply, he just wants to share his experience.

Rehan

#14 » Post by Rehan » 08 Sep 2011 00:42

@Teh_Boner

I could not help not to notice your lack of brains and skill to "get-over" stuff. I'd like to quote narcissa if she doesn't mind in this case but I can't fully remember it, I'l just simplify it.

I know that you are an idiot and if you could please get along with your life without mentioning my name again would be greatly apreciated.

There is no need to hate on me because of your lack of continuing a conversation rationaly and without making three posts in a row where you say that I copy what you just said and say that I fail at trolling.

Quote of Liberty:
Kindly, stfu.

-

#15 » Post by - » 08 Sep 2011 05:11

Sorry to continue and go off-topic, but I couldn't resist. This just made me lol so hard at you for still continuing like this that I almost fell off the chair. :)