The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
FrodoFragins

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#991 » Post by FrodoFragins » 13 Nov 2022 03:18

Welp the elevator at the town in thousand needles just killed me. as it went down i kept sliding down below it so i tried jumping in place to get back up and it jumped me forward for some reason :(

What a way to die after being so careful :(

I assume you can't revive me? elevators always scare me.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#992 » Post by Dymond » 13 Nov 2022 14:27

Happen to have a screenshot?
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

FrodoFragins

#993 » Post by FrodoFragins » 13 Nov 2022 19:30

no because when i clicked to see combat log the timestamps were off, since apparently you have to turn them on per character. Just forget about it then. Although my corpse is still there

My opinion is you should reduce fall damage for ironmans so you don't have to worry about bugs like this. It works for the most popular hardcore server. It's too much trouble to deal with honestly. As I had to stop playing an wait for an admin to respond.

footfall

#994 » Post by footfall » 26 Nov 2022 21:20

While doing the seasonal quest system failed me from Ironman. Is it possible to re-enstate?
Char name [Palepala]

TY for your time.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#995 » Post by Dymond » 27 Nov 2022 22:57

3a. Disallowed activities
You may not use potions (other than health/mana potions, see #4 below), elixirs, flasks, enchantments, glyphs or anything causing EXP boosts (this includes Recruit-A-Friend and our optional 2x or 3x rates). You may not equip anything green (including bags!), blue, purple, or orange. Gear enhancements, such as armor kits or scope enchant (ranged weapon) are disallowed (even though they are white, they are still counted as enchantments). You may not use items purchased via Vote Points in the Web Shop. You may not mail yourself items or money from alternate characters. You may not join a party, battleground, dungeon, arena, or raid. You may not learn professions (other than First Aid). You may not gain buffs through food or scrolls. You may not receive ports or summons from other players. You may not use account-wide abilities. Using a Soulstone or Reincarnation.

If you had a question about events, should have tested it on a non ironman or ask in world.

footfall

#996 » Post by footfall » 29 Nov 2022 17:12

Dymond if your above post was regarding my situation I would like to point out that I had no question about completing any quest related activity as it is implicitly allowed in the rules as stated in the bold section below. Quest related buffs are allowed if they are needed to complete a quest exactly once, including elixirs!

Thnx again

4. Permitted activities
You may use anything specific to your class, including class talents and buffs. You may equip gray or white items. You may use mana or health pots (NOT healthstones unless you are a Warlock). You may receive buffs from players you run into but you cannot ask them to buff you. You may learn the First Aid profession. If an elixir is required for a quest, you may apply it exactly once. You may gain the well-rested XP bonus from being in a city or inn. You may send yourself vanity items from other characters, such as shirts/dresses/tabards which do not provide any stat modifications. (Feel free to grab a tabard from the Guild bank, but put it back when you're done with the competition.) Your pets and minions may die. You may use Shadowmeld and Feign Death spells. You may travel using Hearthstone and/or Riding skill. You may get drunk, as long as no beneficial buffs are given in tandem. You may complete the [For The Horde!] quest, which automatically rewards the [Warchief's Blessing] buff.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#997 » Post by Dymond » 29 Nov 2022 23:38

Yes but not ones that give an experience buff

footfall

#998 » Post by footfall » 30 Nov 2022 12:25

Ok, ty for clarifying, however I failed from stamina buff. Could this be taken into account?

Schism
Game Master

#999 » Post by Schism » 30 Nov 2022 18:44

You may not gain buffs through food or scrolls.
The exemption for Elixirs does not apply to this situation, as it is not a quest. The portion of the rule quoted above is what applies: the seasonal activity involves eating foods that apply a buff, therefore this seasonal activity is off limits for Ironman contenders. It is not necessary for the buff to be an XP buff for it to be disallowed.

Best of luck in your next attempt.

Castorius

#1000 » Post by Castorius » 02 Dec 2022 11:09

Hello, I checked the ironman ladder for my character Estus this morning and he was listed under Honorable Dead.:| I haven't died, used any buff food or scrolls/elixirs, and no chat message saying "ironman failed...." in game either.
Is the ladder bugged, or did I do something against the rules somehow?
I would appreciate if someone could look into it.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#1001 » Post by Dymond » 02 Dec 2022 23:27

if same name was used in the past, the ladder has not been updating

Castorius

#1002 » Post by Castorius » 03 Dec 2022 14:26

Dymond wrote:
02 Dec 2022 23:27
if same name was used in the past, the ladder has not been updating
Yes, I did remake the character once with the same name.
It's weird because I was in the ironman contender list during level 10-40 until I stopped checking, and then when I checked at 60, I had been moved to honorable dead, so I was wonder what triggered it, and if I'm still in the competition.
I guess it's no big deal and I'll keep on leveling. Thank you, Dymond.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#1003 » Post by Dymond » 03 Dec 2022 16:21

I checked your character, you are good to go.

Thesisko

#1004 » Post by Thesisko » 01 Jan 2023 00:02

What's a good place for Bloodthirsty grind at lvl 73?

Sassafrass53

#1005 » Post by Sassafrass53 » 14 Jan 2023 10:57

I'm hoping you can help me. I died fighting an amani spirit guy in the amani Catacombs in Ghostlands right as the server crashed at 10:50am server time. He was like a lvl 12 or thereabouts and I am (was) 20. Character name is Seasong, horde warlock