The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
Dymond
Senior Game Master

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#841 » Post by Dymond » 18 Sep 2021 00:42

you can use anything from the Ironman guild vault
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

Schism
Game Master

#842 » Post by Schism » 18 Sep 2021 02:45

Dymond wrote:
18 Sep 2021 00:42
you can use anything from the Ironman guild vault
Clarification: You are permitted to withdraw (and deposit) items into the Guild Vault. However, just because it's in the guild vault doesn't mean it's safe to use! Some people (shame, shame) have been known to deposit illegal items... As always, you are responsible for your own actions.

The comment about keeping the Guild Vault tidy is not a rule that will lead to disqualification, it is merely a request to be polite and not clutter it up with, e.g. illegal items.

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#843 » Post by Errorista » 18 Sep 2021 08:57

WhiskeyBob wrote:
17 Sep 2021 20:01
"Keep GV tidy. Take a Tabard and return when done."

What does this mean in terms of not losing IC status? Completely unclear to me.

P.S. Suppose GV is Guild Vault, but from what I've read, I shouldn't use it, so I won't. Hope some tabard isn't necessary to complete this challenge.
If you are member of official Ironman guild you can use GV. They do not have items that would disqualify you as far as I know. Tabard is just fancy addition, not necessary to wear.

WhiskeyBob

#844 » Post by WhiskeyBob » 18 Sep 2021 16:39

Thanks for your replies. :) Still a bit unclear, but the hardest part will be not to equip the green quest reward by habit.:)

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#845 » Post by Dymond » 18 Sep 2021 17:45

I equipped a dagger..... but the rules said you didnt have to join the Ironman guild but could not use guild repairs. With ironman, you think twice and act once. It is a very tough challenge. :) enoy!

ninuanni

#846 » Post by ninuanni » 19 Sep 2021 19:18

I just got killed by a stag five levels lower than me in a super embarrassing circumstance. ._."

I misclicked it, and it started attacking, so I tried to Shadowmeld; Shadowmeld did not break combat and the stag kept attacking me despite being invisible, and I died.

Is this worthy of reinstatement? I panicked when it failed; thought it was supposed to break combat (the enemy didn't resist, and I'm quite far above its level). My partner tested Shadowmeld with enemies in the approximate level range (3 levels below them) and it always broke combat, and here you can see that the stag tried ta hit me Three Whole times while I was shadowmelded.

If not it's all good and I'll continue on a Draenei because nelf would not be the way but I'd appreciate review.
Main: Sarai
Ironman Advice

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#847 » Post by Dymond » 19 Sep 2021 20:24

As I said in general, shadowmeld is not always reliable. In this case, running away and using a potion is the best way to go.

Sassafrass53

#848 » Post by Sassafrass53 » 20 Sep 2021 13:09

Hi,

My IM contender "Seaanenemy" (lvl22 NE Druid) just died, unjustly, and I'm hoping for a reinstatement. I was on the boat from auberdine to azuremyst and used my hearth stone. Next thing I know I'm falling through the either and then the dreaded "You Have Died" message. It'd be funny if it wasn't an ironman contender. I'll try to insert a pic of me falling, but not sure how it's done. In case it doesn't work, the image is at:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f0VTmj ... sp=sharing
and
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a0gE5B ... sp=sharing

(it didn't work)

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#849 » Post by Dymond » 21 Sep 2021 01:17

Death cleared for player Seaanenemy successfully.

Please avoid hearthing while on a transport

Sassafrass53

#850 » Post by Sassafrass53 » 21 Sep 2021 02:23

Dymond wrote:
21 Sep 2021 01:17
Please avoid hearthing while on a transport
I will indeed! It never occured to me that it was a dangerous action. Thanks for the reversal!

ninuanni

#851 » Post by ninuanni » 28 Sep 2021 21:47

I'm 34 on a Draenei hunter now and want to put forward some advice/personal experience from this and my previous botched run.

Duskwood isn't actually terrible; just keep one eye on the chat and if the NPCs are screaming, get off the road. I got several levels there and found it worthwhile. If Stitches does spawn, and you're feeling bold, tagging him and letting the NPCs kill him can be very worthwhile; Stitches' Femur is an offhand white that gives +50 armor, a rare commodity for this challenge.

When it comes to hunter strats imo nelf isn't worth it. Shadowmeld is too risky; I had thought that gift of the naaru would drop off but it's remained consistent, possibly due to my own very low HP. I'd also say that going for a crab and switching to turtle as soon as you can is very worthwhile, but if you're feeling bold, a crocolisk is really good for threat maintaining with its thorns ability.

Hope to pop back in with more advice soon.
Main: Sarai
Ironman Advice

xartiex

#852 » Post by xartiex » 30 Sep 2021 23:35

Thanks @ninuanni! Great perspective/insight! I had no idea about the 'Stiches Femur'... and going for a turtle is a great idea! Never thought about using a crocolisk either, but sounds like it would be good too. I use a Cat mostly because of the ''bleed" effect and good dps. But, while they can dish it out quickly, they don't take it very well some times - I have died a couple times from losing my pet (Cat). Anyway, look forward to hearing more from you, as you seem to be doing incredibly well (I have been keeping an eye on your progress and cheering you on)- wish you lots of luck to complete the challenge! ;)
Life is short - Play fast and hard!
TrueWow Member since January 2014

jengrath

#853 » Post by jengrath » 01 Oct 2021 01:03

Sorry to bother yet again...

Another bubble-hearth death. I bubbled, hearthed, and died about a second after after I arrived. The mob that killed me was Warp-Raider Nesaad, in Netherstorm... and you can see my corpse is where I was bound, in Terrokar at the inn.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=600

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=600

Between last hearth-death and this hearth-death, I had about 10 successful bubble hearths, if that's any consolation? :)

I'd appreciate it if it could be overturned... I'm even grinding through level 70 in the outlands, before going to northrend!

Skogar

#854 » Post by Skogar » 02 Oct 2021 05:38

Hi everyone,

I noticed a powerful anti-venom formula for sale in the AH. Is it ok to buy the formula and learn powerful anti-venom (first aid, 300 skill)? Do the anti-venom bandages work as expected?

Thanks for any information.
Skogar - Ironman Contender
Falmari - proud owner of a Winterspring Frostsaber

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#855 » Post by Errorista » 02 Oct 2021 13:44

Skogar wrote:
02 Oct 2021 05:38
Hi everyone,

I noticed a powerful anti-venom formula for sale in the AH. Is it ok to buy the formula and learn powerful anti-venom (first aid, 300 skill)? Do the anti-venom bandages work as expected?

Thanks for any information.
You can do anything related to First Aid. Anti-venom bandages were fixed ages ago.