Wrathful Gear Rating Requirements

Have a suggestion for TrueWoW?
Winterlion

Wrathful Gear Rating Requirements

#1 » Post by Winterlion » 18 Jul 2021 17:55

I doubt they'd go for this but perhaps they could remove the rating requirements from the Wrathful gear to encourage more PVP from the new players that have to go up against the already geared folks.

Gnurg

Re: Wrathful Gear Rating Requirements

#2 » Post by Gnurg » 18 Jul 2021 20:55

I don't actively play the game, so my opinion shouldn't be worth that much, but I am in favour of this. Trying out battlegrounds this evening was a lot of fun, but seeing less geared players get blown up just seems wrong. Making it easier for everyone to get on the same level is the better option.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Doctor_J
Developer

#3 » Post by Doctor_J » 19 Jul 2021 08:34

This would remove last reasons for players to do arenas other than mount and titles which is not enough reason for a lot of players to join if they don’t think have a chance to get enough rating or don’t do every week or join halfway through season.

I don’t agree with this but there should be more promotion of arenas

Gnurg

#4 » Post by Gnurg » 19 Jul 2021 10:29

Doctor_J wrote:
19 Jul 2021 08:34
This would remove last reasons for players to do arenas other than mount and titles which is not enough reason for a lot of players to join if they don’t think have a chance to get enough rating or don’t do every week or join halfway through season.

I don’t agree with this but there should be more promotion of arenas
I agree with promotion of arenas as it has worked for battlegrounds. You should however consider that these players have to go up against seasoned players who are likely already geared to their teeth.

If anything, I think removing/lowering the rating requirement would boost the arena activity, Imo. From a new ungeared perspective it would now be overcomeable to acquire the best PvP gear. You still need the arena points, with arena being the best source. You gain about 250 points every week for 10 2v2 games (unless you are over 1500 rating), thus it is should be many weeks of arena to pick up all the items. The motivation to play more and get a higher rank is more points for every week.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Doctor_J
Developer

#5 » Post by Doctor_J » 19 Jul 2021 11:05

well this is where match making is meant to come in to play but this does not work when theres just the same couple of teams queueing over and over again which brings us back to the reason why new players wont queue for arenas in first place

Doctor_J
Developer

#6 » Post by Doctor_J » 19 Jul 2021 11:10

And suggestion would probably result in less voa25 raids then there are as a proportion of players only join to try to get 3/5 wrathful pieces which scarcely drop another soloution maybe to make voa drop only pvp gear since even without voa dropping pve pieces these are much easier to obtain without needing voa as it stands

Ayoe
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Ayoe » 19 Jul 2021 11:21

I can 100% relate to the issue described, though I do not think that the solution is to remove arena rating. That would literally kill the PvP for those who has done the entire time. I even suffer through Arenas and earn my WF. The point is to get more arenas teams, and fresh ones going that way they will go against people who are equal to themselves based on rating.

Since the promotion about battleground has worked so well, we are discussing making a day where we help people make arena teams + que. And have an hour of intens arena spam. But we need to get some details down before advertising it and execute the idea. Right now people have a good chance of getting the basic gear so they are more prepared for arenas - like Relentless through battleground and such.

Doctor_J
Developer

#8 » Post by Doctor_J » 19 Jul 2021 11:34

Well relentless and wrathful offset if available to players without having to do any pvp whatsoever as stone keepers shards which can be obtained through dungeons can be converted to honor and those players who are sitting on a stockpile of emblem of frost which they have no other use for other than buying ps can use these to obtain relentless items.

Buying relentless items for honor still needs arena points (but no rating) so obtaining this via bgs will take for eternity literally since you only get 25 ap for first rbg of day and you need honor plus 350 / 770 ap per item from pvp vendors (or 60/95 eof per item from emblem of frost vendor with no ap/honor requirements

Roel
Founder

#9 » Post by Roel » 19 Jul 2021 12:48

The previous arena changes already made it much easier to get Wrathful: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=40180
It's possible to get 1500 rating and most Wrathful items without winning a single arena match. Only shoulders, helmet, chest and weapon would remain relentless for those that can't win. The rest is just effort, any team can actually get 250 arena points daily (was weekly) plus 75 (was 25) for the first RBG win. They won't play arena either if everything is too easy to obtain.

Winterlion

#10 » Post by Winterlion » 19 Jul 2021 20:49

Nobody wants to fight the same team over and over again while never reaching 2050 to begin with on a tiny server.

Roel
Founder

#11 » Post by Roel » 24 Jul 2021 13:48

After more consideration I think there is still room to make Wrathful easier. The question is how much easier. More feedback is appreciated to see how many people are still opposed to such changes.

Instead of removing rating, I think it's better to build on the changes from last year and make it even easier to gain rating. Like increasing the threshold so anyone can get to 2050 rating with effort, strong players would just get there faster. This encourages winning and sticking to your team instead of just grinding the arena points. Higher rating also means more points per flush, otherwise it still take a very long time to get the full set.

skyx

#12 » Post by skyx » 24 Jul 2021 23:01

I am strongly opposed to such changes.

Making obtaining Wrathful even easier will further devalue the prestige of getting the pieces in the first place by people who actually put work into getting them legitimately.

The "strong" should not be rewarded these pieces as opposed to the skilled.

The real issue is the lack of PvP participation on this server in general. To address this issue, newer and/or casual players
of the server need to be incentivised to participate by making it easier to obtain the minimum gear needed to effectively
play with/against the veterans, which in turn would make their experience enjoyable. I can ensure you that WF PvP main/off pieces are not causing the imbalance.