The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
Dymond
Senior Game Master

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#796 » Post by Dymond » 17 May 2021 18:59

Wow those railroad ties can be dangerous!! You sure you didn’t get hit by the train?

Death cleared for player Alcippe successfully.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

jengrath

#797 » Post by jengrath » 26 May 2021 16:40

Hi there!

Sorry to keep nagging... I was minding my own business in EPL, when I came across a clickable thing called "blood of the heroes" on the ground. I thought, hey, let's see what this does! Note to self: don't do stupid things like this.

So, as you probably know but I didn't, a couple of higher level elites spawned, and took offence to my looting their corpses. I decided to follow my mantra.... he who fights and runs away, lives to run away another day. So I bubble-hearthed; love that paladin macro.

Unfortunately, somehow (?) the fallen hero decided to get one last swing in, after I arrived in Stormwind. I popped up standing, then collapsed to the ground. I took a screenshot, and I've left my corpse in Stormwind at the inn for all to see and mock. I was alive when I left, dead when I arrived.

I took a screenshot, and hoping this can be restored. Thanks!

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=610

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#798 » Post by Dymond » 27 May 2021 23:29

After testing this several times and could not repeat it. I am going to clear your death. If I was hit before hearthing and shield expired, it just interrupted the casting of my hearthstone.

Death cleared for player Metalclad successfully.

paroliak

#799 » Post by paroliak » 07 Jun 2021 16:41

Hello GMs, I wanted to request if it is possible to clear the death for Ironman/Bloodthirsty if it caused due to DC/game crash? I am at level 5 (Fingolfin), I know not much to go and redo but just wanted to ask if it is possible. Thanks for responding!

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#800 » Post by Errorista » 07 Jun 2021 18:26

paroliak wrote:
07 Jun 2021 16:41
Hello GMs, I wanted to request if it is possible to clear the death for Ironman/Bloodthirsty if it caused due to DC/game crash? I am at level 5 (Fingolfin), I know not much to go and redo but just wanted to ask if it is possible. Thanks for responding!
Hello, we do not clear death for low levels. It is faster to just start a new one :)

Sassafrass53

Reinstatement

#801 » Post by Sassafrass53 » 13 Jun 2021 06:08

Hi.

Disconnects have been driving me crazy the last two days. Thought it was on my end, but today's batch didn't effect my connection. About two minutes after submitting a ticket tonight, it got me again and caused my lvl17 ironman character "Seabreeze" to die a most unglorious death (timed out while using a healthstone). Any chance of reinstatement? As these interrupts happen randomly, pretty sure you can't reproduce it.

ack! While I was waiting, I was playing my lvl9 priest Rhapsody, also ironman. She bit the dust during a DC as well. This is really starting to be not fun!

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#802 » Post by Dymond » 14 Jun 2021 23:02

As for your level 9, we do not restore low level characters - Level 9

As for your level 17, to be considered, you must submit some type of screenshot showing combat log or some type of proof.

Sassafrass53

#803 » Post by Sassafrass53 » 14 Jun 2021 23:24

Not sure How I can screenshot a timeout that happened 2+ days ago. It was only onscreen about 20 seconds. Ditto on the 2 day old combat log. There's nothing to take a screenshot of.

Windead
Donor

#804 » Post by Windead » 15 Jun 2021 04:18

Hey GMs,

I unfortunately had a game crash while I was kiting and my ironman run came to a sudden end. I logged back in soon after and I was already dead before I could get back in. Since the game crashed I do not have the relevant combat logs. I have linked a screenshot of what I returned to. This is unfortunately all I have of the incident. I was questing in northern barrens when this crash occurred. I was fighting venture co mobs when the crash occured. I'd like to appeal this death if possible.

(Screenshot of screen I returned to)
https://imgur.com/a/4aGle8E

Ironman Character in Question : Ironhunt

Thank you for your consideration,

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#805 » Post by Dymond » 15 Jun 2021 20:29

Without any type of proof, we can not reinstate these characters. I know it can be aggravating. If your game is unstable, it is best not to play at that time.

Hordetroll666

#806 » Post by Hordetroll666 » 16 Jun 2021 09:22

Just curious
What is the minium level to clear death
Savalyn/Stommevogel

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#807 » Post by Dymond » 16 Jun 2021 15:25

I do not think there is a set level but I would say at least anything below level 10

Hordetroll666

#808 » Post by Hordetroll666 » 16 Jun 2021 18:38

Thanks ^_^
Savalyn/Stommevogel

jengrath

#809 » Post by jengrath » 21 Jun 2021 01:48

Hello again...

Sorry to bother, but died to another game bug with my lev 33 shaman Leatherclad. I took the escalator down from the barrens into 1000 needles, was heading to shimmering flats to do the quests there (but was detouring to grab the flight path on the feralis border, first). I went down the elevator, ran for about... 60 seconds? towards feralis, then suddenly instantly died.

Here's two screen shots... they'll show I died from falling damage, and you can see there was nothing around I could have fallen from. In the first picture, I turned the camera back, and you can see the totems of the elevator, waaaay in the distance.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but there was also a hotfix coming shortly (like in the next 10-15 minutes) because of problems caused by the event.

Appreciate any assistance possible! Thx!

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=600

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#810 » Post by Errorista » 23 Jun 2021 07:16

jengrath wrote:
21 Jun 2021 01:48
Hello again...

Sorry to bother, but died to another game bug with my lev 33 shaman Leatherclad. I took the escalator down from the barrens into 1000 needles, was heading to shimmering flats to do the quests there (but was detouring to grab the flight path on the feralis border, first). I went down the elevator, ran for about... 60 seconds? towards feralis, then suddenly instantly died.

Here's two screen shots... they'll show I died from falling damage, and you can see there was nothing around I could have fallen from. In the first picture, I turned the camera back, and you can see the totems of the elevator, waaaay in the distance.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but there was also a hotfix coming shortly (like in the next 10-15 minutes) because of problems caused by the event.

Appreciate any assistance possible! Thx!

Hello, death counter cleared.