The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

Re: TW / PW: The Ironman Challenge.

#706 » Post by Errorista » 08 Nov 2020 14:40

Morre wrote:
08 Nov 2020 12:43
i got killed becoause i used the videre elixer at the graveyard in gadgetzan. on my character Ferra . I did not know it causes instant death :(. could you please make an exception and restore my character in the competition?

no idea how i can place my screenshot onhere :(
Hello, you can now continue with your challenge. This quest is quite special...

Morre

#707 » Post by Morre » 08 Nov 2020 15:26

BIG THANKS!!

Earendur

#708 » Post by Earendur » 13 Nov 2020 18:50

Wow, I'm just amazed at all the people that are attempting this challenge and even more so the ones completing it. I know just playing normally, that I've died multiple times with all the characters that I've created. Congrats!

Dabeer

#709 » Post by Dabeer » 17 Nov 2020 04:32

Quick rules question... what about getting another player to pick the lock on a lockbox? It uses the trade interface, but no item is actually being traded.

Axis
Senior Game Master

#710 » Post by Axis » 17 Nov 2020 04:49

Dabeer wrote:
17 Nov 2020 04:32
Quick rules question... what about getting another player to pick the lock on a lockbox? It uses the trade interface, but no item is actually being traded.
I doubt that counts as a violation but it's also a moot point.
The items from most lockboxes are green or blue quality.
They're also mostly weapons and/or armor, both of which aren't allowed anyway.
You're better off mailing said lockboxes to your main or alt and have them dealt with there.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Dabeer

#711 » Post by Dabeer » 17 Nov 2020 17:50

Axis wrote:
17 Nov 2020 04:49
They're also mostly weapons and/or armor, both of which aren't allowed anyway.
Of course, but those items can still be vendored or AH'd.

jengrath

Re: The Ironman Challenge.

#712 » Post by jengrath » 24 Nov 2020 22:03

Hrmm... I'm thinking fate has it in for me.

I was playing today about 10-15 minutes ago as a 31 paladin named Judicator, and then suddenly disconnected. About 9:38ish server time, if that helps. When I went back to the "select character" screen, I am now a ghost...and I see on the Ironman title page that my character was killed. When I was disconnected, I was at full health-ish and in zero danger of dying (on my screen, I wasn't even fighting, and was about to pull another lone mob). Dunno if you can pull the logs up to show that, but look away! I haven't logged back in or touched the character since.

If you look at my stats, you'll see I've had my fair share of deaths in the past, and I've never complained before. Literally, yesterday, my hunter got killed by Stitches... through the walls, WHILE IN THE INN, my corpse is literally still laying on the ground there... and I didn't complain.

But this... this sucks. I didn't do a bad pull. I didn't oops and equip a green item at level 40 while playing tired. I wasn't killed by an unlucky rare mob spawn (all of those sadly not fictitious examples).

I'd like, if possible, for the death to be restored. If you decline, I understand, you have to do what you have to do. On the other hand, and I don't mean this to sound like it sounds, I've been one of your most active players in Ironman, and after the death in the inn by stitches yesterday and the death by DC today, I'm going to be tapping out if it's permanent. No hard feelings whatsoever, I had a blast while it lasted. Please don't take that the wrong way, it's just not worth my frustration.

Dabeer

#713 » Post by Dabeer » 25 Nov 2020 05:01

Yet another victim of the Videre Elixir here... Can't believe I didn't search this thread before doing it, but I knew it said quest elixirs were ok to use once, so here goes nothing....

Can I be reinstated, please?

Character: Alcippe

Axis
Senior Game Master

#714 » Post by Axis » 25 Nov 2020 05:18

jengrath wrote:
Reinstated.
Exercise every manner of caution as dictated by the rules here: https://truewow.org/ironman
Proceed at own discretion.

Dabeer wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=35630&p=430290#p430290
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=35630&p=428151#p428151
Reinstated.
Take the time to check quests and their related items on Google before proceeding.
Exercise every manner of caution as dictated by the rules here: https://truewow.org/ironman
Proceed at own discretion.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Dabeer

#715 » Post by Dabeer » 25 Nov 2020 05:33

Thank you

jengrath

#716 » Post by jengrath » 25 Nov 2020 21:38

Appreciate it.

I didn't really mean to complain about the Stitches death, because, as pointed out, you pays your money and you takes your chances in that zone. Though getting killed while in the Inn is kinda crappy, so be it. I still have my corpse on the ground in there, and I groan every time I run in. Masochistic of me, but let's face it, we wouldn't be playing Ironman if we weren't all a bit masochistic.

The paladin, though, surprised me when I logged back in. I was in literally no danger and full health when I got knocked off the game, so I was shocked when I saw the ghostly log in character. I normally likely wouldn't have said anything even then, but it came back to back after losing the hunter.

Let's face it, it's likely a moot point because with my play style, I'll be dead again within 10 levels anyways :) But, dammit, I'll *earn* that death!

Thanks, though. I always appreciate common sense prevailing. For what it's worth, I also appreciate the maintenance and work you all do behind the scenes.

Neboo

#717 » Post by Neboo » 30 Nov 2020 13:29

We get title after complete the challange ? Now we have 1 realm ... D ^_^

Axis
Senior Game Master

#718 » Post by Axis » 30 Nov 2020 13:35

Neboo wrote:
30 Nov 2020 13:29
We get title after complete the challange ? Now we have 1 realm ... D ^_^
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=35630#p389182
ImageImageImage

Neboo

#719 » Post by Neboo » 01 Dec 2020 08:30

ohh....would be nice to have titles to ....anyway go to lvl and stay safe , it is a long journey

Skogar

#720 » Post by Skogar » 02 Dec 2020 02:28

My ironman died in the Hinterlands under what seems to be a strange circumstance. I have 2 screen shots documenting the combat log, but here's the summary:

My pet and I are jumped by a silvermane stalker, we are both afflicted with infected bite. We kill the mob, and I consume a healing potion, which I think has saved me. The infected bite dissipates from my pet, but it is "refreshed" on me, then I die.

The numbers don't add up. After I healed myself for 893 points, I only took another 127 points damage from the dot, but that was enough to kill my toon.

And I don't understand how a dead mob could refresh the dot. It's clear from the combat log that there was not another mob attacking me.

Can you please take a look at my screenshots?

edit: character's name is Ironkidu

Skogar - Ironman Contender
Falmari - proud owner of a Winterspring Frostsaber