The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
Axis
Senior Game Master

Re: TW / PW: The Ironman Challenge.

#691 » Post by Axis » 18 Aug 2020 20:02

Yes, it's still in use. But that request will have to be handled by someone else now.
Either Jiranthos, Heihachi or Nuko will have to do it.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Jiranthos
Admin

#692 » Post by Jiranthos » 19 Aug 2020 08:19

I made a commit that should wipe it on the next build. Cheers.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Dabeer

#693 » Post by Dabeer » 13 Sep 2020 02:36

IronSharona wrote:
07 Aug 2016 05:50
  • Important Note! The quest [A Lost Master] requires equipping of a green rarity cloak. At present, this will disqualify you (automatically) from the competition. Please ask for a reactivation in the competition if this happens to you, as we work to add this item to the special exceptions list. :)
Has this item been added to the exceptions list, or should the quest still be avoided?

Axis
Senior Game Master

#694 » Post by Axis » 13 Sep 2020 04:34

Dabeer wrote:
13 Sep 2020 02:36
Has this item been added to the exceptions list, or should the quest still be avoided?
Avoid it.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

cdark2

#695 » Post by cdark2 » 13 Sep 2020 18:30

I was curious to know how many successful Ironman/Bloodthirsty contenders there have been on Truewow. The ladders don't show any 80s at all, even though I know for a fact that there were two, Zerobrains (Ironman) and my own character, Sweetcandy (Bloodthirsty). Will those ever be added to the ladders?

Axis
Senior Game Master

#696 » Post by Axis » 14 Sep 2020 01:29

cdark2 wrote:
13 Sep 2020 18:30
I was curious to know how many successful Ironman/Bloodthirsty contenders there have been on Truewow. The ladders don't show any 80s at all, even though I know for a fact that there were two, Zerobrains (Ironman) and my own character, Sweetcandy (Bloodthirsty). Will those ever be added to the ladders?
A ladder isn't there for TW realm. This was intentional, due to TW being a PvP realm.
However, with it changing to PvE soon, this might change.
ImageImageImage

Sassafrass53

#697 » Post by Sassafrass53 » 28 Oct 2020 15:05

Hi,

I searched, but couldn't find an answer...

I got a medium armor kit (x2) as a quest reward. It's white, but I'm wondering if it's ok to use it? There was a thread in here about armor enchants and that made me think it's ok.

Axis
Senior Game Master

#698 » Post by Axis » 28 Oct 2020 15:24

Sassafrass53 wrote:
28 Oct 2020 15:05
Hi,

I searched, but couldn't find an answer...

I got a medium armor kit (x2) as a quest reward. It's white, but I'm wondering if it's ok to use it? There was a thread in here about armor enchants and that made me think it's ok.
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=35630#p389180

ImageImageImage

Neboo

#699 » Post by Neboo » 30 Oct 2020 14:14

I have a question , maybe it is a chance....

If i start bloodthirsty on my alt can i get mount,achiev and title to my main char ? i mean i could transfer them somehow ?

Axis
Senior Game Master

#700 » Post by Axis » 30 Oct 2020 14:38

Neboo wrote:
30 Oct 2020 14:14
I have a question , maybe it is a chance....

If i start bloodthirsty on my alt can i get mount,achiev and title to my main char ? i mean i could transfer them somehow ?
ImageImageImage

Dabeer

#701 » Post by Dabeer » 30 Oct 2020 23:31

I asked this question in-game and received an answer that I will abide by, but I want to get a bit more clarification and possibly open some discussion about the issue.

The question is, will completing quests that result in a buff being applied to the character result in disqualification?

Examples that I provided are the quests in Blasted Lands: Loading Quest... Loading Quest... Loading Quest... Loading Quest... Loading Quest.... I was advised that completing these quests would result in disqualification, so I will not complete them. Other similar quests, such as Loading Quest... and Loading Quest... would probably be subject to the same restriction.

However, at least one other quest that awards a buff on completion is explicitly mentioned in the challenge information as being allowed: Loading Quest....

I believe there may have been other quests that my character has already completed that provided a buff on completion. I was not automatically disqualified. Will my character be disqualified on review once (if) I succeed at reaching the level cap? They were not quests that specifically stated that their purpose was to acquire a buff, as the Blasted Lands and Barrens quests are.

And for more discussion, should quests that apply a buff be permitted? Or only a subset, such as those similar to Loading Quest..., where the buff is an incidental reward and not the primary purpose of the quest? Can we get a more thorough listing of what quests are or are not allowed?

Neboo

#702 » Post by Neboo » 02 Nov 2020 22:53

Neboo

Blood Elf

Class: Paladin

Challenge : Bloodthirsty

See at 80 :D 8-)

Sassafrass53

Crash killed my Ironman!

#703 » Post by Sassafrass53 » 07 Nov 2020 22:18

The crash that was over at 3:08pm Central US time caused the death of my Ironman character. It was most certainly beyond my control. Please reinstate me. I had just finished clearing an area and the crash happened as I was looting. Coming out of the crash, I was surrounded, and didn't stand a chance.

Character name is Nodoze, Lvl 17 hunter. I'm currently in the three corners area of Redridge mountains

Axis
Senior Game Master

Re: Crash killed my Ironman!

#704 » Post by Axis » 07 Nov 2020 22:41

Sassafrass53 wrote:
07 Nov 2020 22:18
The crash that was over at 3:08pm Central US time caused the death of my Ironman character. It was most certainly beyond my control. Please reinstate me. I had just finished clearing an area and the crash happened as I was looting. Coming out of the crash, I was surrounded, and didn't stand a chance.

Character name is Nodoze, Lvl 17 hunter. I'm currently in the three corners area of Redridge mountains
I've merged your post with the correct thread. Please post all future issues like this here.
Your status has been reinstated. Proceed at your own discretion.
ImageImageImage

Morre

#705 » Post by Morre » 08 Nov 2020 12:43

i got killed becoause i used the videre elixer at the graveyard in gadgetzan. on my character Ferra . I did not know it causes instant death :(. could you please make an exception and restore my character in the competition?

no idea how i can place my screenshot onhere :(