When WG will be enabled??

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
alex58

When WG will be enabled??

#1 » Post by alex58 » 19 Aug 2019 14:33

Hello there! As did you saw my title on this thread, today im going to talk about Wintergrasp. What's going on? Did you fixed it? Or it's still the same?? Ppl don't do bgs, because there is no ppl, but with Wintergrasp, i think it's a good idea for those who are news, so they will receive honor every day in Wintergrasp.. Please, enable Wintergrasp, when you will do it, answer to this thread so i will come back on TrueWoW. Thank you! ;)

m2oenergym2o

Re: When WG will be enabled??

#2 » Post by m2oenergym2o » 19 Aug 2019 18:00

Wintergrasp was disables after the crossfaction came alive, so in few words, this may cause further bugs. I am not sure if we can have WG at this moment, even tho, I would like to have some pvp action in there.

Axis
Senior Game Master

#3 » Post by Axis » 19 Aug 2019 21:33

Even before crossfaction went live, it had a number of issues that basically made it broken and exploitable.
Unless some major changes are made to the ways Wintergrasp works (such as making it work similar to Crossfaction BGs), it's unlikely that it will be re-enabled anytime soon.

The developers have their hands full at the moment with Sunwell Plateau for PW and Class/Dungeon/Raid bugs for TW - along with quest issues that affect both realms.

In the meantime, since battlegrounds aren't as frequent as we'd for them to be, you can spam Random Heroic runs to farm Stonekeeper Shards from bosses (just use them to buy honor commendations from Wintergrasp Vendors).
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

alex58

#4 » Post by alex58 » 26 Aug 2019 19:54

Nah, you don't get it. I want Wintergrasp to be enabled, i honestly love the battle... Ppl won't exploit, they can fix Wintergrasp, but they are too lazy to do it, that's it... Try to fix it please, i really want to come back and do wintergrasp battle, i love, because in the past it was great, honestly, i really want it back... :(

EDIT: I don't need anything to buy mate, i really love the battle, to do it i mean, that's all... :( Enable and maybe ppl will join. :P

Axis
Senior Game Master

#5 » Post by Axis » 27 Aug 2019 02:05

alex58 wrote:
26 Aug 2019 19:54
Nah, you don't get it. I want Wintergrasp to be enabled, i honestly love the battle... Ppl won't exploit, they can fix Wintergrasp, but they are too lazy to do it, that's it... Try to fix it please, i really want to come back and do wintergrasp battle, i love, because in the past it was great, honestly, i really want it back... :(

EDIT: I don't need anything to buy mate, i really love the battle, to do it i mean, that's all... :( Enable and maybe ppl will join. :P
I suggest you tread carefully before saying such things about the Developers.

In the time I've been working with them (daily) for almost a year, they've been hard to keep both realms afloat with dozens upon dozens of fixes every week (since even before I joined, in fact).
As I said before, Wintergrasp is in a very poor state and it can't be made functional under the current crossfaction environment without significant changes its mechanics (the way teams are set up, the way objectives are handled, so on and so forth).
It also has a number of exploits that were prevalent (before crossfaction went live) which must be addressed first before even attempting to make it compatible with crossfaction.

I've seen its current state on several test runs and it was dismal.
There's also a few crash sources in it which need attention first before even attempting to work on the bugs, the exploits and crossfaction compatibility for it.
Given our current staff size, this is at least 1-2 months of work with 6-10 hours of daily work on it (while giving 0 attention to any other bug or issue - which is impossible because new/old issues come up daily).
It also needs a rigorous amount of player testing once it reaches a playable state after work goes into it (the lack of volunteers on the PTR doesn't help with this).

Unless you know C++ and SQL and are willing to speed this process up by joining us and lending the Developers a hand with it, I suggest you refrain from antagonizing them without knowing the facts of the situation.

When we're done catching up on our to-do list and bugtracker reports, we'll focus on it (soon™).
Thread locked as there's nothing to be gained from discussing this further.

Regards
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.