The Ironman Challenge.

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
Jiranthos
Admin

Re: TW / PW: The Ironman Challenge.

#631 » Post by Jiranthos » 30 May 2019 14:13

Please let me know if there are some bugs or issues or any suggestions for improvement (other than adding TW leaderboard tables).

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Nyeriah

#632 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 May 2019 19:17

Adding it to the nav bar would be a good idea (it’s nowhere to be found unless I’m missing it, which judging by my eyesight deterioration wouldn’t be all that surprising nowadays...)
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

Axis
Senior Game Master

#633 » Post by Axis » 30 May 2019 19:43

IronSharona changed all the menus to accommodate all the features a bit better, including Ironman.
The change isn't live yet due to delays and some issues that came up in between.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Emmers

#634 » Post by Emmers » 30 May 2019 21:25

Hi

Doing IM... Oozer again... lol.
Just completed quest in Blasted Lands: Snickerfang Jowls - saw it buffed me with the quest-complete.

Legit? Disqualified? Should I avoid the quests in BL, as there are a few more I'm busy with...? (I did right-click on the buff to take it away, but still need to know... ^_^ )

Thx!

PS: Are there a list somewhere with quests to be avoided while doing IM?

Axis
Senior Game Master

#635 » Post by Axis » 31 May 2019 00:01

Emmers wrote:
30 May 2019 21:25
Hi

Doing IM... Oozer again... lol.
Just completed quest in Blasted Lands: Snickerfang Jowls - saw it buffed me with the quest-complete.

Legit? Disqualified? Should I avoid the quests in BL, as there are a few more I'm busy with...? (I did right-click on the buff to take it away, but still need to know... ^_^ )

Thx!

PS: Are there a list somewhere with quests to be avoided while doing IM?
Those BL quests are fine for now. Resume your challenge. If we decide to disallow those, we'll announce it.
And I don't believe there is a list of specific quests (and if there is, I haven't been made aware of it at all).
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Emmers

#636 » Post by Emmers » 31 May 2019 20:35

Thanks! Appreciate the feedback!
:D

Slender

#637 » Post by Slender » 08 Jun 2019 14:33

Dead again.
This time while using the ancient lift to Kamagua, got off from the lift to the platform just fine but as soon as i touched the actual ground instantly died.
Here's a screenshot of where it happened:
https://imgur.com/a/Kj25mZk

On another note, when i died i got no message saying i was disqualified.
Let me know if this disqualifies me now or not
Thanks

Axis
Senior Game Master

#638 » Post by Axis » 08 Jun 2019 17:14

Slender wrote:
08 Jun 2019 14:33
Dead again.
This time while using the ancient lift to Kamagua, got off from the lift to the platform just fine but as soon as i touched the actual ground instantly died.

Thanks
Falling death cleared with approval of Ravenseeker.
You're good to go. Please be careful from now on.
ImageImageImage

Oompaloompa

#639 » Post by Oompaloompa » 24 Jun 2019 09:50

I have completed the PW Ironman Challenge on hunter character named Nvrgvup. I have tried claiming from the web page, but it says I'm not eligible. I would like to claim bengal tiger on the same character, please!

Edit: Sorry I misread the rules and realized I have to be moved to the completed list first. Please disregard.

Axis
Senior Game Master

#640 » Post by Axis » 24 Jun 2019 11:48

Oompaloompa wrote:
24 Jun 2019 09:50
I have completed the PW Ironman Challenge on hunter character named Nvrgvup. I have tried claiming from the web page, but it says I'm not eligible. I would like to claim bengal tiger on the same character, please!

Edit: Sorry I misread the rules and realized I have to be moved to the completed list first. Please disregard.
Resolved. Enjoy.
ImageImageImage

cdark2

#641 » Post by cdark2 » 11 Jul 2019 00:42

Greetings,
I was attempting to do the Bloodthirsty Ironman challenge on my character, Sweetcandy. I was farming 7 mobs (5 Tarantulas and 2 Goretusks) at Three Corners near Redridge in a circular pattern. I had been farming this group of mobs for several hours. It was a completely safe farm as the mobs there were at, or slightly below, my level and were not causing me any danger at all. However, I unknowingly disconnected and a mob spawned that I could not see. When I realized it had happened I relogged as quickly as possible but it was already too late and I was dead. This was my second attempt at the Ironman challenge, and while I was completely at fault for my first failure, I feel that this one was beyond my control. I will understand if you feel differently, but I would appreciate it greatly if this death could be reversed.
Thanks for your consideration.

Jiranthos
Admin

#642 » Post by Jiranthos » 11 Jul 2019 13:02

cdark2 wrote:
11 Jul 2019 00:42
Greetings,
I was attempting to do the Bloodthirsty Ironman challenge on my character, Sweetcandy. I was farming 7 mobs (5 Tarantulas and 2 Goretusks) at Three Corners near Redridge in a circular pattern. I had been farming this group of mobs for several hours. It was a completely safe farm as the mobs there were at, or slightly below, my level and were not causing me any danger at all. However, I unknowingly disconnected and a mob spawned that I could not see. When I realized it had happened I relogged as quickly as possible but it was already too late and I was dead. This was my second attempt at the Ironman challenge, and while I was completely at fault for my first failure, I feel that this one was beyond my control. I will understand if you feel differently, but I would appreciate it greatly if this death could be reversed.
Thanks for your consideration.
I've cleared your death. Enjoy!

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

cdark2

#643 » Post by cdark2 » 11 Jul 2019 15:07

Thank you so much!

Slender

#644 » Post by Slender » 17 Jul 2019 19:37

AxisTiger wrote:
08 Jun 2019 17:14
Slender wrote:
08 Jun 2019 14:33
Dead again.

Thanks
Falling death cleared with approval of Ravenseeker.
You're good to go. Please be careful from now on.
My death wan't actually cleared like last time ( it still shows up on the statistics), I don't know if this actually matters or not but i'll keep the char logged off for now.

And about being careful, I've been very careful for the most part. That lift ride in particular, i tried not to move during the ride and made sure not to jump from the boat itself. But i suppose i don't really know what causes that bug to happen.
Thank you for all the help so far tough.

Axis
Senior Game Master

#645 » Post by Axis » 17 Jul 2019 20:10

Slender wrote:
The deaths on the character statistics in-game are irrelevant, actually.
The only death count that matters is the one we see on our end.
You won't find your name on any ladder to verify this either since we don't have one for TW realm at the moment.

However, rest assured that your status is marked as "clear" at the present time (I just double checked).
So, you're still good to go (and you have been since the last incident).
Feel free to resume the challenge at your discretion.
ImageImageImage