Raise the Honor Rate to 3x.

Regent
Tester

Raise the Honor Rate to 3x.

#1 » Post by Regent » 13 Jun 2019 02:45

Hi,

I just came out of a 3 hour 42 minute Alterac Valley on TrueWoW realm.
It was mostly 3v3 but sometimes 4v4 and sometimes 4v3.
We went back and forth destroying each other's bunkers/towers and the killing continued non-stop.
Neither of us could kill the other team's boss due to PvP interference (not complaining, just stating a fact).
Neither of us could reduce each other's reinforcements to 0 either (both teams kept taking mines).
Also, camping near your team's boss and baiting the enemy team works wonders (again, not complaining but just stating how much of a stalemate it was).

However, after 3 hours and 42 minutes of heavy fighting, I received enough honor to buy exactly 1 gem (10k honor each).
Saying how absurd this is doesn't even do it justice.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 055117.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 055142.jpg
9956 honor for the objectives and player kills.
19200 honor total (2511 + 16689) - yes I only did 1 BG today and it was this AV.

Also, ignore how the scoreboard looks with teams - it's bugged (and some people had already left when I took the SS).
It shows people on the wrong team (their native faction instead of the team they were on during the BG).

We don't have enough BGs popping anyway. And whenever they do, we get diddly squat in terms of rewards.
If we had BGs more often or more players to end larger battlegrounds faster, I wouldn't be complaining, but there needs to be compensation somewhere, somehow to make up for the lack of battlegrounds & population.

Please raise the honor rate to 3x for all player kills, battleground victories, taking objectives, etc.
Make it bearable and worth it to spend time waiting in queue and grinding kills / objectives.

Regards.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

natnat123
Former Staff

Re: Raise the Honor Rate to 3x.

#2 » Post by natnat123 » 13 Jun 2019 02:51

+1

Joh0239

#3 » Post by Joh0239 » 13 Jun 2019 03:07

Big +1!!!!!!! if not by 3, atleast by 2. With the scarcely amount of bg's we have, it's tough for new people to buy pvp gear. I know you can buy from EoF, but most people need it for their PvE gear, farming honor for gear is a lot better and incentives more bg's.
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

weisin

#4 » Post by weisin » 13 Jun 2019 03:08

Just chipping in with my personal experience; I´ve done 11BGs in two months, got 131 HK and by spending all my stone keeper shards of two characters I´m close to finishing my pvp offgear & my furious on one of them, but i have green quality gems because i dont get enough honor to buy epic mats.

There is no incentive to do BGs since you get more rewards by doing rhc, getting some SKS and trading them for the same honor you would get after an hour trying to make a BG happen and then the time that the actual BG takes, which greatly depends on what BG the server chooses (AB, EotS & WSG are the ones that are actually winnable and stay fun for most of the duration); and while you did those rhc runs you also got some EoF, some EoT, gold, etc.
On top of that having wintergrasp not be a thing severely harms the honor you can get because it invalidates 3 out of 5 honor quests.

In similar pop servers I´ve played before there was always pvp because either the honor rates where higher, wintergrasp was a thing and you have to do it for VoA or they gave 2 EoF (not a fan of the last option personally).

Edit: forgot to talk about the queue; you are penalized by queueing for RBG because you cant do rhc; if the reward for BGs is abismal new players like me just decide to never even check the RBG queue unless theres chat about one in /world.

I´m not gonna sit here and pretend i know how things work or that i have some experience managing a server because i dont, but thats just my take from my limited personal experience and you guys have shown me in the time I´ve been here how much you care about the server & it´s community.

Apologies for any spelling/wording mistakes I might have made, English is not my first language.

Weymar - DK

Drunky

#5 » Post by Drunky » 13 Jun 2019 04:24

+1 I agree with this, however the x3 rate multiplier is debatable. If we take into consideration the uncompletable weekly quests from WG, I guess x3 is fair. So it depends on how the issue is handled, if the quests remain uncompletable then I'd say x3 is fair enough, if they get added into the bugged quests table then x2 would be more than enough, maybe even 1.5. (gotta keep in mind that we don't want to decrease the value of honor points purchasable materials by making honor points too easy to get, the inflation we have on the server is already ruining the economy... let not make it even worse)

blazikenas

#6 » Post by blazikenas » 13 Jun 2019 04:49

+1, seems to be a good idea to incentivise pvp.

arash_brznd

#7 » Post by arash_brznd » 13 Jun 2019 08:22

+1, totally agreed.
With the current state and population we have, it's really discouraging to see yourself trying to revive the PvP here, and not getting what it was worth.
I was part of that AV up until 3rd hour, but my client crashed and I was so fed up I didn't even bother relaunching my client. When I opened Discord today and saw what Regent said about honor, I was kinda shocked. He surely got more honor than me, spent more time in there than me, but only got 19k. I don't even want to imagine how much I was rewarded.
My point here is that, when something is not going on as it should, it's totally OK to make changes with the aim of making it better. In this case, raising the honor rate to 3x (as Regent suggested), or even to 2x, would definitely encourage people to start doing BGs and arenas again, up until a point where we have enough population (which I do hope happens) for a regular not-so-customized gaming experience.
Psychomancer
One thing I love about this game is how some people respect you on one character, and talk trash to you on another, without knowing both characters are you!

Ravenseeker
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Ravenseeker » 13 Jun 2019 12:04

+1

srelectrox

#9 » Post by srelectrox » 13 Jun 2019 13:24

+1
ImageImageImageImageImage
Freakylups . Darkstuff . Garrote . Jardas . Mercurium

bobsmyname
Donor

#10 » Post by bobsmyname » 13 Jun 2019 17:33

+1
Trans Rights

IronSharona
Former Staff

#11 » Post by IronSharona » 13 Jun 2019 18:51

Seems all are in agreement. With scaled down BG player counts, rewards should be scaled up like suggested in order to counterbalance the changes. Moving to pending until this can be implemented.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Dreadnought101

#12 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 14 Jun 2019 01:16

I would recommend reducing the cost of most items otherwise you will easily hit the 75k honor cap. Some players PvP far more often then others and will definitely buy everything including all the extra mounts in no time if its 3x. Also most honor comes from actually finishing battlegrounds and winning, rather then HKs, objectives, ect...which is an issue for alterac unlike others.

Im not sure what you can do for Alterac specifically other then reduce NPCs power significantly or get the side-objectives working and reduce their price so you can push with bosses/soldiers more often.
Last edited by Dreadnought101 on 15 Jun 2019 08:44, edited 1 time in total.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

bobsmyname
Donor

#13 » Post by bobsmyname » 14 Jun 2019 05:12

Dreadnought101 wrote:
14 Jun 2019 01:16
reduce NPCs power significantly or get the side-objectives working and reduce their price so you can push with bosses/soldiers more often.
I know this isn't what degaris' main point was but I'd personally like to see this happen
Trans Rights

Darkchylde

#14 » Post by Darkchylde » 14 Jun 2019 20:30

+1 :D

Drunky

#15 » Post by Drunky » 15 Jun 2019 16:49

After doing some bgs today (mainly wsg) I came to the conclusion that x3 would be too big of a multiplier. Altho it was hard to get the bgs going and didn't have many untill I couldn't get anymore (did like 3-4), I still made a considerable amount of honor points, almost enough for a PVP item. So I still strongly agree with the suggestion, but imo x3 would be too much, ppl would just hit 75k cap easily again and again, x2 would work better.