Suggestions for PW's future.

Sebastijan

Suggestions for PW's future.

#1 » Post by Sebastijan » 11 May 2019 15:40

Hello!
I dont know who will see this post but I'm not really into posting, I hope some GM will see this stuff!
Since I've realized this is the best decent blizzlike wrath server, I would like to give a suggestion for PRIMAL WOW!
Make it eternal progressive. When you release level 80 characters and northrend become active for leveling, and when you release raids, please LOCK THEM! With that every player should do naxx 10 in order to unlock ulduar 10. If he does naxx 25, Ulduar 25 will be unlocked. After unlocking Ulduar, player should have TOC unlocked, and finally after TOC or TOGC should be able to enter ICC!

As for voa, every fresh 80 will be able to see Archavon and Emalon, After doing Ulduar (keepers achievement) will be able to fight Koralon, and after doing Secrets of Ulduar will be able to see and fight Toravon!!

FOS POS and HoR dungeons should be unlocked after Ulduar too!

I'm saying this cause if it's not eternal progressive some players are struggling to have some decent gear killing in Naxxramas, Ulduar, and dying there, and after that they have decent rewards from there :D and some fresh 80 will do FoS PoS and Hor and have similar gear, and after that - they jump in ICC. I think that's the best way to ruin the beautiful server or realm!
Making all the raids locked (but naxx) will keep players to remain in the realm much longer.
Otherwise the server is pretty hard to play, which I like the most! I struggle with those murlocs that pull 3 more if you pull one ^_^ but that's keeping me there :)

Make better advertisment for primal wow, tell us when will lvl 80 be released and good job for everything GMs!!!

Axis
Senior Game Master

Re: Suggestions for PW's future.

#2 » Post by Axis » 11 May 2019 17:50

I've split your post from the returning player topic and moved it here. Please post in the correct section.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Sebastijan

#3 » Post by Sebastijan » 11 May 2019 19:00

That's it, go ahead GM staff! I have nothing more to add!

Good job again!

Regent
Tester

#4 » Post by Regent » 11 May 2019 20:06

I'd rather PrimalWoW merged into TrueWoW once PW has progressed far enough into WOTLK (like LK25 / Halion25 kills).
As I understand it, this is Roel's original plan anyway.

Keeping PW as a separate eternal-progressive realm while TW remains at end-game is the perfect way to quickly kill off TW entirely.
People will simply move to PW, get bored of the new progression, then go back to TW and find there's nobody around to have raids and eventually both realms lose in the end.
It's already happened to 2 other well known servers and I don't see it working out well here either.

PW exists to boost the population of TW (via merge) once it reaches end-game WOTLK.
Let's not be under any illusion that it will exist as a separate realm forever.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

PavelDimoski

#5 » Post by PavelDimoski » 12 May 2019 11:41

I completely support Sebastijan's idea about how to get population back on Truewow (as I understand was his point ),with all the respect to everybody I would like to ask how is going "boosting" population on PW so far ?

P.S.
I guess we all miss community on Truewow from server's best days !!!

Dreadnought101

#6 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 13 May 2019 01:05

DalaranWoW does well with the eternal progression system and has 1000+ population at any given time.
Truewow and Primalwow together dont reach 100+ pop.
If PrimalWoW gets an unprecedented population boom when it progresses to wotlk, between naxx and Ulduar (which it wont because it doesnt have name recognition) then it would be nice to have an eternally progressive system and have the Truewow realm to adopt the system once they merge.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

Regent
Tester

#7 » Post by Regent » 13 May 2019 03:03

And who's going to spearhead the development for this?
There's 1 active developer here. His name's Andriuspel.
And he's under pressure of several dozen Mantis bug reports plus a to-do list as long as my arm of pending stuff for both realms (from crashes to quests to raids/dungeons/classes).
Furthermore, I'm pretty sure he won't drop all that just to work on this instead (and then maintain it).
He's already behind on ZA because he's mostly alone on it, plus he's handling everything else on TW and PW alone as well.
Unless any of you plan on joining the dev team to lend him a hand (without expecting to be taught C++ or SQL from scratch), this thread might as well be about fan-fiction.
And finally, expecting this to become a reality before the actual merge even occurs is asinine.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.

Andromelech
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Andromelech » 13 May 2019 07:24

While i appreciate your suggestion, Regent's points (*who shows you the point of view of an old time player ) are to be commended , unfortunately we don't have the man power(*read here dev power ) to undertake a project of this scale .
It would be far better in my humble opinion to just merge the 2 realms and focus the team efforts on one realm thus providing its players the quality of before dodgykebap .
Ps : The elitist jerk locked down in myself would have loved to see such option enabled on a thriving realm , but who knows we will flag this and keep it in mind and if at any point in the future the community would bloom to its pre change levels we could discuss this again.
Until then lets have our focus leveled on the things that we can do.

andriuspel
Former Staff

#9 » Post by andriuspel » 13 May 2019 16:30

well, its interesting suggestion. Regen'ts points are pretty valid but it doesn't means we wouldn't try but this needs to be more discussed. Sadly we really lack development power, i'm working like 7/24 on this server and just i'm overwhelmed at this moment. I made many AI changes to Units and upcomming ZA release takes all my time to over-watch everything

I would like to have single realm and focus on things generally but i don't know if early merge is fine for primal wow because it would mean - discard progressive plan and maybe getting untrust from current players.

Ok back to this topic, one more thing about this, i think, more limits to players or even in real life for people causes them to become unhappy and unconfort, least my though.

Edit: I don't mean we're rejecting this, we will discuss about this in tw staff mostly after ZA release
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.

Nyeriah

#10 » Post by Nyeriah » 13 May 2019 16:40

The "eternally" progressing server idea doesn't work without an already established player base. The other server already had a lot of hype built around it so when it released they were able to pull it off without issues.

Another thing to have in mind is that in theory you'll be progressing ad aeternum, but in practice... you won't. There will be a point in time where you won't have more alts to progress through content, and people will stop doing lower content. It's an issue people pointed out to me back in the day when they played on that other server: most guilds are raiding top tier content, and you have to crawl your way up with guilds that basically only work on helping people progress past the low tiers. Eventually, new players coming will find themselves frustrated by not finding enough people interested in running Naxx so they can work their way up to ICC and raid with the others. So, two things are required: a solid player base to not make the start too frustrating (that would eventually make it dead on arrival), and an inflow of fresh players that keeps the system running.

The goal should be finding a way to make that unprecedented boom of population happen. The new releases are a chance to do it, but I don't think ZA will be enough of a change to draw attention to the server. Maybe the WotLK release would do it.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

paroliak

#11 » Post by paroliak » 13 May 2019 17:25

Nyeriah wrote:
13 May 2019 16:40
Eventually, new players coming will find themselves frustrated by not finding enough people interested in running Naxx so they can work their way up to ICC and raid with the others. So, two things are required: a solid player base to not make the start too frustrating (that would eventually make it dead on arrival), and an inflow of fresh players that keeps the system running.
Are you kidding? We do naxx10 at least 2-3 times a week in wotlk, the people who are geared to 25hc. Ulduar is pretty popular too during the weekdays but due to its long length, it gets sidetracked. But I am sure people are up for helping out.
Whatever the number of 'new' people we have seen on TW, can't say for everyone but I have tried my best to help them out, either with the profession, questing, or even raiding at times.
If and when the merge happens (noting all regent's points and our current dev working hard) I am sure people in TW (new and old) will be there to help out with mergers.

Regent
Tester

#12 » Post by Regent » 13 May 2019 17:34

paroliak wrote:
13 May 2019 17:25
Are you kidding? We do naxx10 at least 2-3 times a week in wotlk, the people who are geared to 25hc. Ulduar is pretty popular too during the weekdays but due to its long length, it gets sidetracked. But I am sure people are up for helping out.
Whatever the number of 'new' people we have seen on TW, can't say for everyone but I have tried my best to help them out, either with the profession, questing, or even raiding at times.
If and when the merge happens (noting all regent's points and our current dev working hard) I am sure people in TW (new and old) will be there to help out with mergers.
You do Naxx because it's as easy as RHC while wearing ICC/RS/T10 gear aka item level 264/277/284 gear - with t3 mog gear rewards being an extra incentive to run it.
This makes is a breeze to clear it in about 30 minutes, more or less, with almost no deaths the entire run.
Try doing it in Crafted gear / Tier 7 with nothing being higher than item level 200 (or 213) and then tell me how much you enjoy running it 2-3 times a week (that is the requirement of the eternal progression system, otherwise you can't participate).
I'm not doubting your enthusiasm here. But I doubt you understood the limitations of that hilariously flawed system.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.

Nyeriah

#13 » Post by Nyeriah » 13 May 2019 17:44

paroliak wrote:
13 May 2019 17:25
Nyeriah wrote:
13 May 2019 16:40
Eventually, new players coming will find themselves frustrated by not finding enough people interested in running Naxx so they can work their way up to ICC and raid with the others. So, two things are required: a solid player base to not make the start too frustrating (that would eventually make it dead on arrival), and an inflow of fresh players that keeps the system running.
Yeah, and do you know how many Naxx runs were there when the server peaked at 500 players and ICC was the only thing people cared about? None. There's a reason why incentives were given to raiding older content, like transmog.

I'm not talking about the merge here - I'm just talking about the suggestion that the guy posted.

And since it has been brought up - an early merge would be a disaster, you'd drag the fresh players from Primal into a realm with fully geared players, killing the goal of progression completely. Maybe it's not exactly the goal of a player who enjoys progression to be helped through Naxx by fully RS25hc geared characters.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

Sebastijan

#14 » Post by Sebastijan » 13 May 2019 21:22

And since it has been brought up - an early merge would be a disaster, you'd drag the fresh players from Primal into a realm with fully geared players, killing the goal of progression completely. Maybe it's not exactly the goal of a player who enjoys progression to be helped through Naxx by fully RS25hc geared characters
I totally agree with Nyeriah about this. Personally I think people are looking for a fresh server instead of playing with ICC 25HC geared players. Don't merge realms!

Game Masters do some advertisment for Primal Wow, place it somewhere so new ppl can see that, tell us how we can be of any help to promote it somewhere to bring more population on Primal Wow!

Best regards!

Imagine
Donor

#15 » Post by Imagine » 13 May 2019 21:46

Stick with plan as it was before to merge Truewow with PW or you will lose half base of players.
I say NO with two hands for "not merge pw with tw."