IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: BREACH OF SECURITY

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Ab.Sentias.

Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: BREACH OF SECURITY

#31 » Post by Ab.Sentias. » 21 Oct 2018 16:39

You do not have to be a business to be charged as one,
But Im not sure if this website even falls under the laws of EU.

afaik, there is just one person as the owner of this website, and he is using web hosting service company for this, so he doesnt really have control over the exact location of this site, nor he is personally responsible for its physical form.
I dont see if there is an option to change website language, and French is not set as main lang, instead, English as universal language is being used. The only thing I could find suggesting that this website was made for EU citizens is this statement "If you want the donator rank at the forum, send Roel a personal message when you have donated at least 10 Euro or earned at least 1000 points through offers." Donations are also set to EUR currency (probably based on user location) but that is not on truewow.org anymore.
- I could easily be wrong because there is a lot of text here, and I havent read all of this website. -

But, even if it was under the regulations of EU, I dont think GDRP applies to it, as I said, the owner is just one person and his intention is not to collect personal information, in fact I dont believe anywhere on this website you are even suggested to use your own personal name, which makes most if not all of this information completely anonymised, unless you have used an email address in name.surname@something.com form but, that would be your own fault.

Brennus

#32 » Post by Brennus » 22 Oct 2018 08:18

What I typed was exactly (with spaces)

Code: Select all

correct horse battery staple
If you guys use an exclamation point at the end, some capital letters, comma and one or two numbers, the resulting password will be strong AND easy to remember.

https://howsecureismypassword.net/

I recommend this website as well
http://www.passwordmeter.com/
Spoiler:
Idea from XKCD
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

Thexelez

#33 » Post by Thexelez » 01 Dec 2018 22:46

I went to my old e-mail and the mailbox is filled with threaths of hacking and locking my computer and demanding money . At first i was wtf because the password he included was similar to something I have used. Like 30 emails sent since october :shock: all saying my pc will get locked in 48 hours
Ambaal / Tyrael
Divinity
EU : Tolbajoob - Draenor
xelez#2396 -diskörd