(Rejected) Lower respec cost

lokharke

(Rejected) Lower respec cost

#1 » Post by lokharke » 17 Sep 2018 15:44

Hi,
I personally have spent a lot of gold trying to min-max for my character as I accumulated gear. I saw this on warmane where you can get dual spec for 100g. You go to website and if u have 100g in your bag it takes it and makes a secondary spec for you. SInce tbc doenst have ingame dual spec warmane did a really good job on this. Now this is where player can make 120g avg just on daily quests under an hour. The best thing is player even reset them for no gold cost at all.

I suggest that we lower the cost of respecing may under some circumstance- maybe can reset talents for free after u get dual spec. This may not sound much to veteran players but new players who like to switch things around, especially with classes they havent played before, this will make encourage them to try new things.

Rascall

Re: Lower respec cost

#2 » Post by Rascall » 17 Sep 2018 17:02

some servers have a mechanism for dual talent specialization in tbc client allowed (and it is a very good idea in my view). It just requires writing a mechanism on it.
Rascall Retribution/Holy
Rascallus Blood (tank)/Unholy (DPS)
Rascalluz Affliction/Demonology
Rascalles Feral (bear)/Balance
Rascallez Assassination
Rascallis Arms (DPS)/Arms (tank)
Razcall Marksmanship/Survival
Razcallus Fury/Protection
Razcalluz Feral (cat)/Restoration
Razcalles Combat/Subtlety
Razcaellez Beast Mastery
Razcaell Discipline/Holy
Razcaelllus Enhancement/Restoration
Razcaelluz Blood (DPS)/Frost (tank)
Razcaelles Elemental/Spellhance
Razcaellez Arcane/Frostfire
Rascaell Protection
Rascaellus Frost (DPS)/Unholy (tank)
Rascaelluz Fire/Frost
Rascaelles Shadow
Rascaellez Destruction

...and more...

Dunkmaestro

#3 » Post by Dunkmaestro » 18 Sep 2018 07:38

Rascall wrote:
17 Sep 2018 17:02
some servers have a mechanism for dual talent specialization in tbc client allowed (and it is a very good idea in my view). It just requires writing a mechanism on it.
Dual Spec is already available.

For anyone who has problems figuring out their spec or wants to try things before re-speccing, you can do so on the PTR.
-Dunkmaestro

siempjj
Donor

#4 » Post by siempjj » 18 Sep 2018 15:26

Gold sinks also try to prevent gold inflation. Usually gold only moves between players on the AH or via trades, so there needs to be a mechanisms in which gold "leaves" the system.

Kinda hard for healers/tanks to test their builds on PTR without a raid tho :p

Dreadnought101

Reduce cost of unlearning talents

#5 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 11 Oct 2018 20:08

Ill keep it quick, low econ server and some classes have a lot of specs, especially if you PvP, I have up to 5 specs and unlearning talents costs 50g. Im over 800g spent and I have already dropped tanking on my pally (i havent even bothered healing) to maintain my PvE/PvP dps specs, and even then its still rough on the edges as small adjustments to talents helps. I know other players that are over 2k gold spent simply on unlearning talents.

Please consider lowering cost of unlearning talents. I dont think duel spec 1k cost needs to be reduced.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

Anesthesia
Former Staff

Re: Reduce cost of unlearning talents

#6 » Post by Anesthesia » 12 Oct 2018 06:52

:lol:
No one can see what's in my pocket.

siempjj
Donor

#7 » Post by siempjj » 12 Oct 2018 16:00

I say raise it to 100g max :^)

50g takes like 10 minutes to farm tops.

Regent
Tester

#8 » Post by Regent » 12 Oct 2018 20:47

Pretty sure that price decay is still a thing in 3.3.5, from back in Vanilla:
http://classic-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Talen ... talents.3F

Start at 1g. Price increases by 5g each respec, to a hard cap of 50g.
Each month that you don't respec, the price goes down by 5g to a minimum of 10g or 15g.
Also, 50g is literally the amount one gets from the first RHC run of the day, or just 2-3 daily quests total.

It's fine as it is. The game needs more gold sinks. There's enough gold sources already without enough things to spend it all on.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Dreadnought101

#9 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 13 Oct 2018 06:26

Regent wrote:
12 Oct 2018 20:47
It's fine as it is. The game needs more gold sinks. There's enough gold sources already without enough things to spend it all on.
Good gold sinks are 1 time expenditures, like when you first acquire duel specc for 1k gold. Repeated costs are annoying, 100 gold (because lets be real, its 2x times to respec if your constantly switching between tanking/pvp/healing/ect...) constantly just to play the game to the max is annoying and ultimately rewards not going through the effort of both redoing your talents and gold sinking which is not fun.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

Ab.Sentias.

#10 » Post by Ab.Sentias. » 13 Oct 2018 08:46

Tbh, I dont think respecing all the time is considered playing the game to the max, since you have to stand afk to change talents and you cant do it unless you are next to a trainer in a city, which is usually the place where ppl come to afk.
Also idk why would you want to play 5 diff specs on same character, and if you did, would it really matter to keep slightly different ret spec for those 2v2 wsg expeditions?

Talents in game are like in real life, you cant have them all, :P

IronSharona
Former Staff

#11 » Post by IronSharona » 16 Oct 2018 22:02

General discussion topic about reducing costs of unlearning talents merged with similar suggestion in the suggestions forum. Apologies for loss of continuity in discussions, but information from both threads is relevant to coming to a consensus on the suggestion.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)