Release New Primal Vanilla realm

flosr1
Donor

Re: Release New Primal Vanilla realm

#76 » Post by flosr1 » 01 Sep 2018 10:11

+1

but i have something to add...

primal wow raids and balancing were far from working properly at the end of the vanilla phase. i am not saying it was all bad, it was a really great experience. but classes need to be balanced like they are here in tbc.
i think one problem was that the side talents weren't available. some of these talents would be really important to make classes and spec work properly. you guys realized that in the tbc phase, so it needs to be done in vanilla too. another option would be to make JC and Inscription available. Some people will say now "this is not vanilla". i tell you a secret, primal wow is not vanilla either ;-). lots of classes and specs need some key glyphs to work properly or to be competitive. why not make it available for all classes then? nothing will be OP. if dmg, healing, tanking or whatever will be OP, raids can be tuned, like it was always done. plz, just don't make that stupid healing nerv again. it is clear that we need one, but not 100% or 200% on spellpower again.

also, there needs to be done something about paladin tanking gear. you want all classes and specs to be playable i guess. this could be done by giving tank paladins access to warrior tank tier sets for example

kurthos

#77 » Post by kurthos » 02 Sep 2018 06:31

flosr1 wrote:
01 Sep 2018 10:11
+1

but i have something to add...

primal wow raids and balancing were far from working properly at the end of the vanilla phase. i am not saying it was all bad, it was a really great experience. but classes need to be balanced like they are here in tbc.
i think one problem was that the side talents weren't available. some of these talents would be really important to make classes and spec work properly. you guys realized that in the tbc phase, so it needs to be done in vanilla too. another option would be to make JC and Inscription available. Some people will say now "this is not vanilla". i tell you a secret, primal wow is not vanilla either ;-). lots of classes and specs need some key glyphs to work properly or to be competitive. why not make it available for all classes then? nothing will be OP. if dmg, healing, tanking or whatever will be OP, raids can be tuned, like it was always done. plz, just don't make that stupid healing nerv again. it is clear that we need one, but not 100% or 200% on spellpower again.

also, there needs to be done something about paladin tanking gear. you want all classes and specs to be playable i guess. this could be done by giving tank paladins access to warrior tank tier sets for example
This would be something we have in mind for the new realm.

kokewe

#78 » Post by kokewe » 02 Sep 2018 11:41

Well hell, for a long term project, to slowly start building everything up and to have a timeline that is flexible (emphasis here for my part) is important. I have seen in my time several new content releases not ready for public. I missed the bwl/zg, but all of aq40 (which I found to be kind of a bugg heaven) and then the continuing pushing out with new content even though several people had concerns. Case in point would be release of TBC after new core - which messed up countless hours of polishing the server. Which led to an exodus of migrants due to so many instances not working properly.

Kurthos seems willing, and this is something to seriously consider. He can bring alot to the table I assume. And if his post is to be understood, this is a long term plan, one that kurthos seems happy to take lead on.

Andromelech
Former Staff

#79 » Post by Andromelech » 02 Sep 2018 11:55

I am strongly all against this idea , and i will go against it with all the authority of my position . A third realm set for vanilla expansion is wrong again ... i guess ppls mistakes like history itself have the annoying tendency of repeating themselves.
We kind of need to stop compounding the problems , and realize its time to start aiming for the future.

loveable

#80 » Post by loveable » 02 Sep 2018 15:43

Andromelech wrote:
02 Sep 2018 11:55
I am strongly all against this idea , and i will go against it with all the authority of my position .
Item Loading...

already i said something about patche's , look Blow , rogue talent from patch 1(vannila classic) and patch 3 (wotlk)
if u run vanilla with patch 1 , u dont need to do alot of thos nervs or etc , almost everythings are balanced as how they should be, again look at talent , u'll see alot of different , some talent are in different tree , some are with different stat and etc

Beating Everything In WoW -> Ghost <-
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = RBG
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = Not RBG

Dunkelstein

#81 » Post by Dunkelstein » 02 Sep 2018 16:18

kokewe wrote:
02 Sep 2018 11:41
Kurthos seems willing, and this is something to seriously consider. He can bring alot to the table I assume. And if his post is to be understood, this is a long term plan, one that kurthos seems happy to take lead on.
What can the kurthos bring to the table exactly?
Aka Funkelstein

flosr1
Donor

#82 » Post by flosr1 » 02 Sep 2018 19:43

altho i like the idea, i also think, that a 3rd realm would not be very productive. we should either wait for the wrath phase of primal wow or close truewow. i know this would offend truewow players, but are there even more than 10 people playing?

Regent
Tester

#83 » Post by Regent » 02 Sep 2018 20:41

flosr1 wrote:
02 Sep 2018 19:43
we should either wait for the wrath phase of primal wow or close truewow. i know this would offend truewow players, but are there even more than 10 people playing?
https://imgur.com/a/1PasEdk
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Darkchylde

#84 » Post by Darkchylde » 02 Sep 2018 20:43

^ nuff said

m2oenergym2o

#85 » Post by m2oenergym2o » 02 Sep 2018 21:02

flosr1 wrote:
02 Sep 2018 19:43
altho i like the idea, i also think, that a 3rd realm would not be very productive. we should either wait for the wrath phase of primal wow or close truewow. i know this would offend truewow players, but are there even more than 10 people playing?
Let's agree in the middle and close pw instead.

Benedictus
Senior Game Master

#86 » Post by Benedictus » 02 Sep 2018 21:12

No server is getting closed. Keep it civil or this will be locked.

flosr1
Donor

#87 » Post by flosr1 » 02 Sep 2018 21:35

sorry, this really wasn't meant as an offense, i really thought there are like 5 players online on truewow Oo

Joh0239

#88 » Post by Joh0239 » 02 Sep 2018 21:41

flosr1 wrote:
02 Sep 2018 21:35
sorry, this really wasn't meant as an offense, i really thought there are like 5 players online on truewow Oo
Shows quite some ignorance then.
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

Celerity

#89 » Post by Celerity » 02 Sep 2018 22:03

Bringing this post back to the forefront because I think this actually answers a few of the questions posted in the last day or so.
kurthos wrote:
31 Aug 2018 18:30
Ideally, we would be bringing in people to support all the current realms which would be enough to free up manning to also provide support to the new realm.

Developement resources would be minimal compared to current PrimalTBC according to both Natnat and Spec. Of course it would be up to them as to whether they would want to assist. I would be handling design decisions, public relations, advertisement, fundraising, and staff recruitment for the new realm. Those would be duties not expected to be handled by anyone else.

I would need support for the new realm in the form of armory integration and website integration (not neccesary until there is time to do so). I would be supplying a few bodies to assist with tickets and transfers for all realms so I would hope that existing game masters would also assist with the new realm.

As far as fundraising is concerned, I would be willing to front the money to move to a better host and I have others who are also willing to donate to this cause for the long term.

I don't have the expectation that this new project would open within the next 6 months. I would want to work on it until it was ready. If that takes a year, thats completely fine.

If I were to open this project on my own, it would be less than half of what it could be if it were to be opened here. That is because the players within this community are what make it great. I think there are players who once played here who are lurking around reminiscing on what PrimalWoW was before and would easily be pulled back into the fold. TrueWoW has been built up over years of hard work, I'm not trying to do anything but contribute in a way I feel can help the community grow and catch the eye of the greater private server community again.
Whammy - Hunter

Dunkelstein

#90 » Post by Dunkelstein » 03 Sep 2018 01:13

Celerity wrote:
02 Sep 2018 22:03
Bringing this post back to the forefront because I think this actually answers a few of the questions posted in the last day or so.
It doesn't answer anything, like what kind of people are we bringing in and what kind of resources are we talking about? There aren't more than 2 or 3 people who can fulfill the criteria to be a lead dev or project you know, and it depends on whether or not they are interested (apparently none of them are right now). "Ideally we would be bringing in people" stands for "we have nothing right now but ideally someone will jump in and pick us up" or what?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

BTW there really isn't a lot of hype around this, if you compare it to the simplest posts on this forum and compare views/response. All you can see is that this is highly controversial and 90% of the people who are pushing this are actually inactive. Seriously guys if you loved wotlk vanilla so much, just help with the main project and perhaps we can even start releasing faster and then think about re-releasing.
Aka Funkelstein