New

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Relykia

New

#1 » Post by Relykia » 02 Aug 2018 19:45

Just stumbled across this server last night / real early this morning. Looks like it will be fun to play on.
I noticed that we have the ability to toggle things with commands. Do these things stay toggled on / off between sessions or do we have to toggle them on / off each time? Like with the XP thing, I LOVE the 0.5 rate. If I turn that on and then shut the game down, do I have to turn that back on again when I log back in?

Regent
Tester

Re: New

#2 » Post by Regent » 02 Aug 2018 20:01

Once you enter a command, it stays that way until you change it yourself, regardless of relogs.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

IronSharona
Former Staff

#3 » Post by IronSharona » 02 Aug 2018 21:07

As Regent said, yes, whatever you change stays enabled/disabled until you change it again. Also, as a note, the XP rates change by account (in-game account, not here) -- so you won't need to update it if you have multiple toons!

Welcome to TrueWoW/PrimalWoW and I hope you enjoy your time here :) Feel free to contact me or any other staff if you have any questions or problems!
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Relykia

#4 » Post by Relykia » 02 Aug 2018 21:22

Thanks for the quick replies. Hearing that makes me really happy. ^_^

Dunkelstein

#5 » Post by Dunkelstein » 02 Aug 2018 22:41

So it applies for all characters on the same account? In other words if I wanted to have one eRP char at x0.5 exp and one main char at x3 exp, it would be best to have them on two seperate accounts? Not that I am an ERP, I'm asking for a friend.

Welcome Relykia :D
Aka Funkelstein

Relykia

#6 » Post by Relykia » 03 Aug 2018 01:06

Thanks
That's how I took the reply being that the modification to XP or whatever is account wide and not toon specific.

Liliatna

#7 » Post by Liliatna » 31 Aug 2018 23:31

Welcome, Relykia!
Dunkelstein wrote:
02 Aug 2018 22:41
So it applies for all characters on the same account? In other words if I wanted to have one eRP char at x0.5 exp and one main char at x3 exp, it would be best to have them on two seperate accounts? [...]
That is correct, although you could also have a macro or addon to change it on logon based on character.

Actually, that would be a pretty nice addon...

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 31 Aug 2018 23:33

That is wrong, XP rates are set per character. All of the settings under the settings command are character specific.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

Dunkelstein

#9 » Post by Dunkelstein » 01 Sep 2018 00:04

This is a necro and I am now even more confused, even though it doesn't affect me at all I still want to find out the truth
Aka Funkelstein

Jiranthos
Admin

#10 » Post by Jiranthos » 01 Sep 2018 00:05

Pretty sure Nyeriah is right on this one.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Liliatna

#11 » Post by Liliatna » 01 Sep 2018 00:12

Nyeriah wrote:
31 Aug 2018 23:33
That is wrong, XP rates are set per character. All of the settings under the settings command are character specific.
If true, it was changed recently, as all adjustments I've made have been account-wide. It is easy enough to test - make a new character, set rates to 3 on another one, then log the new one and kill a known-XP mob.

Edit: If this was changed to be per-character, let me offer an e-sandwich to whoever did it.

Nyeriah

#12 » Post by Nyeriah » 01 Sep 2018 00:17

It has been character specific from release, I designed it that way because it allows more flexibility to settings and better accommodates different play styles like in the situation presented in this thread
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

Liliatna

#13 » Post by Liliatna » 01 Sep 2018 00:24

Nyeriah wrote:
01 Sep 2018 00:17

It has been character specific from release, I designed it that way because it allows more flexibility to settings and better accommodates different play styles like in the situation presented in this thread

Then
Liliatna wrote:
01 Sep 2018 00:12

[...] all adjustments I've made have been account-wide.[...]

was a bug? It was during a specific few-days time, so perhaps so, although I inquired about it when I first saw it(when a 3x setting from another character caused an Ironman contender to gain no XP), and was told that yes, it is account-wide. Seems we have conflicting information floating around, I'll hop on and test it just as soon as I can figure out the command again ^^;(rate command doesn't work for GMs)

Nyeriah is correct - a new character gained 50 XP where 3x would be 150. Re-testing old scenario and filing a bug report if it still happens. The afore-mentioned bug no longer occurs.

Eronox
MVP

#14 » Post by Eronox » 01 Sep 2018 14:39

Liliatna wrote:
01 Sep 2018 00:24
Nyeriah wrote:
01 Sep 2018 00:17

Then
Liliatna wrote:
01 Sep 2018 00:12

[...] all adjustments I've made have been account-wide.[...]

was a bug? It was during a specific few-days time, so perhaps so, although I inquired about it when I first saw it(when a 3x setting from another character caused an Ironman contender to gain no XP), and was told that yes, it is account-wide. Seems we have conflicting information floating around, I'll hop on and test it just as soon as I can figure out the command again ^^;(rate command doesn't work for GMs)

Nyeriah is correct - a new character gained 50 XP where 3x would be 150. Re-testing old scenario and filing a bug report if it still happens. The afore-mentioned bug no longer occurs.

Nyeriah is the former community lead Admin, she basically built everything you can possibly lay your hands on so yeah, pretty sure she knows her stuff more than good

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Dunkelstein

#15 » Post by Dunkelstein » 02 Sep 2018 07:22

When your introduction post turns into top 10 anime betrayals
Aka Funkelstein