Increase tier tokens drop number per boss.

Serplanter

Increase tier tokens drop number per boss.

#1 » Post by Serplanter » 13 Jun 2018 19:17

Hi!

I suggest increasing the number of tokens dropped by tier bosses so that it more closely represents retail.

Hyjal has just been released, and hopefully Black Temple is round the corner. This means that players now need to gear through two tiers of raids, first tier 4 and then tier 5, to have a chance to clear tier 6 content. That is why I feel that there is a need to increase token numbers.
As far as I am aware in 25 man mode tier bosses should be dropping two tokens. At the moment in tier 5 content tier bosses are only dropping one. An argument could be made to increase number of tokens dropped in Tier 4 content too, but at the moment I think the focus should be on Tier 5.

This would allow players to gear up faster and then be able to progress to current end-game content. As we know there are not many players on this server, so having to carry new players through old content just for 2 items to drop per 25man raid boss is kinda lame, especially since we have already been farming tier 5 for the past 6 months.

Personally I don't see a negative side with increasing the amount of items dropped and getting more players to see tier 6. In my Tier 5 bosses should ALWAYS have dropped two tokens. It's 25 man content, not 10 man content.

Example of how I think drop should be for a TIER boss in SSC/TK:
Token
Token
Item

Example of how I think drop should be for END boss in SSC/TK:
Token
Token
Item
Item

Example of how I think drop should be for REGULAR boss in SSC/TK:
Item
Item

Best Regards.

kokewe

Re: Increase tier tokens drop number per boss.

#2 » Post by kokewe » 16 Jun 2018 12:39

What you are suggesting, is that not how it used to be in TBC? If so, for sure a +1

IronSharona
Former Staff

#3 » Post by IronSharona » 16 Jun 2018 15:07

I believe that this is already the intent? I've done a couple of fixes to various bosses to ensure they are doing the proper token drops. (E.g. Lady Vashj was dropping an incorrect number of tokens due to some errors in her database entries). I usually just grab bug reports of this variety as they appear, so I'm not sure whether we have purposefully altered the drops for progression or if such issues go a while before being brought to our attention. Hoping Nox might confirm if he stops by this thread? :)

It's an easy fix for one boss, but if it is many, could you provide a list of the bosses so I can more easily review their tables?
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Serplanter

#4 » Post by Serplanter » 21 Jun 2018 16:52

The only tier 5 boss that has dropped multiple tier tokens was ONE time when Lady Vashj dropped 3 tokens. Of course this was immediatly nerfed back down to one token per kill.

Really hoping that T6 content drop appropriate amount of tokens. Otherwise I'll be a pretty disapointed. We have been in T5 for months and people still don't have their 4 sets (except every hunter).

Best Regards

Serplanter

#5 » Post by Serplanter » 21 Jun 2018 17:03

Void Reaver
Kael'Thas
Leotheras the Blind
Fathom-Lord Karathress
Lady Vashj

Grooved

#6 » Post by Grooved » 23 Jun 2018 17:42

I agree with Serplanter. This is also important for the new migration as of recently, which means a whole lot of other players still awaiting to get through their tier gear.

Cheers for bringing this up ^_^

IronSharona
Former Staff

#7 » Post by IronSharona » 15 Jul 2018 17:18

I've submit a fix just now that should be in effect immediately. If anyone from the above list is not dropping 2x tokens since this update, please let me know and I will get to it ASAP.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Eronox
MVP

#8 » Post by Eronox » 15 Jul 2018 22:01

As this seems to be intended I moved this to PTR & bugdiscussions.
However, I just would like to point out that the previous Public relations leader Flooded made a decision to have it 1x drop.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Jiranthos
Admin

#9 » Post by Jiranthos » 15 Jul 2018 22:40

He also made a decision to have it as 2x drop at a later point. Don't see how this is relevant to here and now.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Nyeriah

#10 » Post by Nyeriah » 15 Jul 2018 22:45

I don't see it being mentioned along this thread, I think the background of the decision that was taken is relevant to the discussion. Nothing wrong about it, no offense should be taken, because there really isn't. :)

Flooded thought slower gearing would keep people interested in the game for longer, so things were adjusted accordigly as to give players enough time to enjoy the content. I understand that he made his mind about increasing it later seeing how people started getting burnt out of the content, to once again keep people interested.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

Jiranthos
Admin

#11 » Post by Jiranthos » 15 Jul 2018 22:49

Yup, so case closed. The correct settings are in effect right now and are subject to change once again, should the need arise :)

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in