Remove Attunenment requirement for Karazahn (possibly SSC too)(PRIMAL)

Attunement Requirement Removal

Poll ended at 01 Jul 2018 12:50

Kara Attunement ONLY
45%
Kara and SSC
9%
Kara SSC and TK
45%

Total votes: 11

Serplanter

Remove Attunenment requirement for Karazahn (possibly SSC too)(PRIMAL)

#1 » Post by Serplanter » 13 Jun 2018 19:47

Hi!

Title says it all really. I think that attunement requirement should be removed, or atleast made easier. Common argument I hear is that removing attunment quests from Karazahn will decrease numbers of players who queue dungeons even more. This is what I think about that:

Players are just doing the minimum to get attuned anyway. Players doing half dungeon runs for key fragments, boosters leaving at the end of Shadow labs and summoning in unattuned players. And that's if you get a group together at all. So why not just skip this step? Kara is now pretty easy and gearing through kara is far smoother than gearing through Heroics. Another reason why i think that attunement should be removed from kara is because kara is needed for SSC attunement.

SSC currently requires Maggy and Nightbane. Boosting new players through kara for the nightbane portion of the attune is fair. However the maggy portion is currently completely impractical. The playerbase unfortunately is dwindling and we can't even get full raid groups for tier 5 content. Trying to get even 20 players together for maggy just to get them attuned for SSC is a huge pain in the ass. Honestly, just let players skip this step. Either that or a lot of the time they won't even get into SSC at all, and then they won't get into hyjal, and then they won't get into BT.

Best Regards.

Relina

Re: Remove Attunenment requirement for Karazahn (possibly SSC too)

#2 » Post by Relina » 13 Jun 2018 21:15

Even though on retail the attunements were only made optional after the launch of Sunwell, at least in my opinion trying to completely emulate the fallacies of TBC isn't always a good thing.
IMO the Karazhan attunement should have been made optional with the launch of Tier 5 raids, SSC and TK attunements optional with the launch of Tier 6 raids.

So +1 from me.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Eronox
MVP

#3 » Post by Eronox » 13 Jun 2018 21:39

+1, don't see a reason for it to be present when it aint the latest instance.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

natnat123
Former Staff

#4 » Post by natnat123 » 13 Jun 2018 22:06

+1, i would actually suggest making them all optional apart from the hyjal attunement at this point.

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#5 » Post by Errorista » 13 Jun 2018 22:08

natnat123 wrote:
13 Jun 2018 22:06
+1, i would actually suggest making them all optional apart from the hyjal attunement at this point.
ja ja

Serplanter

#6 » Post by Serplanter » 13 Jun 2018 22:13

Thanks for quick response! I'm glad you liked the suggestion =)

cts17

#7 » Post by cts17 » 13 Jun 2018 22:21

I'm not certain if I like the removal of T5 attunement requirements, but definitely 100% in favour of removing Kara attunement. It's extremely difficult to attune for Kara...

scraggleness

#8 » Post by scraggleness » 13 Jun 2018 22:27

SSC is Gruul and Nightbane (super easy)

If you are going to remove attunements then T4 and T5 bosses need to start dropping badges of justice.

Skidda

#9 » Post by Skidda » 13 Jun 2018 23:30

+1 for removing Kara attu at this point.

Grooved

#10 » Post by Grooved » 23 Jun 2018 17:56

I agree, potentially removing kara attunement could prove very useful. Or at least the option to choose whether you want to do it. +1 :tick:

natnat123
Former Staff

Re: Remove Attunenment requirement for Karazahn (possibly SSC too)(PRIMAL)

#11 » Post by natnat123 » 27 Jun 2018 12:51

i have added a Poll to the top of this so people can vote on Attunement requirement removal, Kara ONLY, kara and SSC, or kara SSC and TK. the poll will run for the next 4 days, please vote!

IronSharona
Former Staff

#12 » Post by IronSharona » 27 Jun 2018 13:38

Natnat, why is there no option to leave attunements in place? :D
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

natnat123
Former Staff

#13 » Post by natnat123 » 27 Jun 2018 14:04

IronSharona wrote:
27 Jun 2018 13:38
because, it looks like something people want allready so kara attunement requirement will be removed at the very least :p

The questline will still be available, but will be optional :)

Dude

#14 » Post by Dude » 27 Jun 2018 14:15

natnat123 wrote:
27 Jun 2018 14:04
IronSharona wrote:
27 Jun 2018 13:38
because, it looks like something people want allready so kara attunement requirement will be removed at the very least :p

The questline will still be available, but will be optional :)
To make it not look like that, I'll just add my vote against removing any attunements. It is a truely minimal effort to get attuned to raids and makes sense in a way, that you'd probably want to see the minor raids at least once to sack some gear.

I also don't see the point where reducing the need to find dungeon or raid parties is beneficial to the community in terms of player number. If anything this will get us more raidloggers. If you can't get your players attuned in a guild effort, then maybe you are just not ready to progress further.

The benefit i do see, is for players with many alts. But then again, that should not be the target audience from what OP says.

If anything remove attunements all together, why leave the current 'progress' attunement in place? No sense. Maybe add the option to create a character without the need to level and adequate starter gear of about T4 level to ease entry into Hyjal. I think some irony is in place here.

Tl;dr: a no from my side.

Skidda

#15 » Post by Skidda » 27 Jun 2018 15:16

Dude wrote:
27 Jun 2018 14:15

I also don't see the point where reducing the need to find dungeon or raid parties is beneficial to the community in terms of player number. If anything this will get us more raidloggers. If you can't get your players attuned in a guild effort, then maybe you are just not ready to progress further.
I'm for Kara attu removal and my reasoning is that with current population it's really hard to get dungeon runs on normal difficulty going ( (OHF especially since you can't get heroic key without running normal at least once) and I've seen fresh lvl 70 who didn't have a lot of playtime available and got stuck for several weeks because guldies had raid commitments most of the time they were connected. Having an easy Kara access at least makes it less discouraging for new players.

Not that I don't agree with your post in general.