(PRIMAL) Low Level Dungeon Quests (REJECTED)

zackforester

(PRIMAL) Low Level Dungeon Quests (REJECTED)

#1 » Post by zackforester » 27 May 2018 12:02

I think it would be a good idea to move all quest givers for Vanilla Dungeons inside of the instance near the entrance to encourage players to queue for LFD while leveling even if they don't have all the quests for the dungeon. The server routinely has 7-10 people online in the same level range to be able to run a dungeon but no one ever queues because the experience from kills alone isn't worth the loss of the quest experience they would otherwise gain not running.

Eronox
MVP

Re: Low Level Dungeon Quests

#2 » Post by Eronox » 27 May 2018 12:50

I like this idea, it's similar to the newer expansions style aswell.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Dude

#3 » Post by Dude » 27 May 2018 17:32

From my personal experience, the xp gained for performing a random dungeon is good compensation for not questing during that time. It usually felt more effective to just rdf than actually run around and do quests (that was all before triple xp though).
While I have no reasonable opinion on this (i just always disliked this concept for no reason), it might be worth to point out that many if not most quests for vanilla dungeons are part of chains that you encounter on your travels. With respect to that, I don't think this can be implemented without major changes.

natnat123
Former Staff

#4 » Post by natnat123 » 31 May 2018 01:03

+1 to this, would also need to make the end quest from chain quests available straight away as well though which i also think is fine.

Spectrez
Collaborator

#5 » Post by Spectrez » 31 May 2018 01:06

Personally it would require a good amount of work to duplicate all the entries needed to do this, and after all that we seem to forget alot of the dungeon quests has prequests :)

natnat123
Former Staff

#6 » Post by natnat123 » 31 May 2018 01:12

Spectrez wrote:
31 May 2018 01:06
Personally it would require a good amount of work to duplicate all the entries needed to do this, and after all that we seem to forget alot of the dungeon quests has prequests :)
true, and about the prequest part, thats why i said we would need to make the end quest available straight away, without a prequest requirement.

Spectrez
Collaborator

#7 » Post by Spectrez » 31 May 2018 01:23

natnat123 wrote:
31 May 2018 01:12
Spectrez wrote:
31 May 2018 01:06
true, and about the prequest part, thats why i said we would need to make the end quest available straight away, without a prequest requirement.
Abit of a hack job innit, as it would be offered to players out in the world aswell

natnat123
Former Staff

#8 » Post by natnat123 » 31 May 2018 01:31

they would get it if they went to the dungeon anyway so it wouldnt matter all that much

Nyeriah

#9 » Post by Nyeriah » 31 May 2018 02:09

Easier solution: automatically give them the dungeon quests once they port in if they have enough quest log slots? I would think of this because that would skip the quest prerequirements, but on the other hand it may cause some inconsistent cases in the future.

In a way it's also aligned with the new versions of the game, judging areatriggers are frequently used as quest givers as well, and some quests don't really require quest givers to progress anymore either, but yeah :P just a suggestion.

When they added the npcs to the dungeons they removed the prereqs from those end quests completely (i.e Drakuru's HUGE chain @ Zul'Drak)

I'll be glad to help with anything needed :)
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

Dreadnought101

#10 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 31 May 2018 02:45

And the noobification of WoW approaches...
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

Doctor_J
Developer

#11 » Post by Doctor_J » 31 May 2018 10:09

This already happened on retail a long time ago since cata on retail quest givers for dungeon quests are inside the appropriate dungeon or in some cases quests are automatically offered to players as soon as they enter dungeon

VonKaufmann

#12 » Post by VonKaufmann » 31 May 2018 11:06

Yeah, this would probably be very hard to implement because of the quest chains. Also, many chains has multiple dungeon quests in them, and not just at the end of the chain.

On a related note, this is what i don't like on retail with the streamlining of quests and dungeons. It removes much of the immersion i think.

Skidda

#13 » Post by Skidda » 31 May 2018 11:31

Can't say I like the idea, one of the many features I didn't like about Cata. Having no RDF popping at all during levelling (which is the case with my current alt) is no fun at all so I can see the merit of it but from my experience it's mostly due to the lack of player than an unwillingness to run a dungeon.

Doctor_J
Developer

#14 » Post by Doctor_J » 31 May 2018 12:55

ye even on retail for dungeons which are not part of the current expansion will usually result in a long wait unless its for event or some other reason why a lot of players want to do a whole dungeon.

On retail the npcs which used to give these quests still exist outside of the dungeon (for level 60+ zones) but is also inside dungeon.

Ye there is more than one part to most dungeon quests and ye for some you have to run back to the start of the dungeon to turn quest in but for others the quest giver will follow through dungeon allowing quests to be turned in/taken between bosses or as said some are automatically added as soon as you enter the dungeon and are turned in via quest log without need for a quest giver and further parts maybe offered once earlier turned in

IronSharona
Former Staff

#15 » Post by IronSharona » 31 May 2018 18:28

I personally don't see this being worth the work it would entail. There would be duplication of NPCs, coordinating which quests to add automatically, chains being coordinated cross dungeon... Fairly large ordeal for already busy devs on what I don't believe would actually increase ability to run dungeons.

I agree with Skidda fairly wholeheartedly so it's a -1 from me.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)