The TrueWoW Triathlon

Promote, share and read about the multitude of (in-game and out-of-game) events and creations of the community.
IronSharona
Former Staff

The TrueWoW Triathlon

#1 » Post by IronSharona » 03 Jan 2018 21:06

THE TRUEWOW TRIATHLON

Okay, maybe we aren't cool enough to get our own cat familiars, but we've got the next best thing for you! Been looking to prove your strength and endurance to others? Want to show off your big brains by beating everyone else to a riddle-based ending location? Look no further than The TrueWoW Triathlon, hosted by PrimalWow's own, Dana (.Venna) with a little bit of help from yours truly! Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, will test your ability to run, swim, and even a little bit of flying! While there's no entrance fee for this race, there's plenty of goodies, prizes, and glory to be won should you be the victor!

If you aren't familiar with the idea of a triathlon, it's a race consisting of three segments. Traditionally it would be a swim, followed by biking, followed by running. Our adaptation starts with a run, then has a swim, and then a little bit of flying!

Here's the full details --
Segment 1: Run to the tip of Azshara, at Ravencrest Monument
Segment 2: Swim to the Tower of Eldara, across The Bay of Storms
Segment 3: Fly to...?

Depending on the realm you're running the race on, the ending location is different. In both cases you will need to answer a riddle to figure out where to go!

Anyone may participate in the PrimalWoW race, as it requires creation of a Level 1 Troll.
The TrueWoW race is tailored toward players already level 70+, who aren't interested in creating or aren't able to create new characters for events. It will be a longer trip to the end goal with less hints, and maybe almost definitely a bit of fighting.

The race is to be held on PrimalWoW realm at 1AM Server Time on 27 January 2018.
  • Your race will begin in the Troll starting area.
A second race will be held on TrueWoW realm at 5PM Server Time on 27 January 2018.
  • Your race will begin at the Southfury River bridge to Azshara.

Questions/comments? Let us know below and we'll see you for the races :)
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

ewriick

Re: The TrueWoW Triathlon

#2 » Post by ewriick » 04 Jan 2018 23:48

Nice! On TW, do you have to get to Azshara or will a nice GM port you there when the time is right?

IronSharona
Former Staff

#3 » Post by IronSharona » 05 Jan 2018 00:15

We can port interested participants in. It will probably be me, so it's up to you to decide if I'm nice or not :)
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

IronSharona
Former Staff

#4 » Post by IronSharona » 13 Jan 2018 00:58

I want to update anyone following this thread for information that due to development constraints and a desire to have a well-functioning event, we're going to have to delay once more. The new event date is set to two weeks from now and we will continue to prepare and give you all updates as we know more! The post above already reflects these changes.

Cocopuffs
Donor

#5 » Post by Cocopuffs » 21 Jan 2018 10:57

speed enchants? rogues with sprint? blink? mages with blazing speed? nitro boots? parachuting off ledges? is all that within the rules?

what about the flying part? does that mean the last segment is a flight path? depending on the finish line, and on the faction, paths might be longer for some people depending on their race, or FP's, no?

alpakturk

#6 » Post by alpakturk » 21 Jan 2018 23:03

ahahah. This made me remember the day I was trying to reach Ironforge for a quest at 15 level from Stormwind (first time playing wow). First I tried to walk there directly (didn't have a mount) and got killed at burning steps multiple + multiple times. Then I returned to Stormwind and jumped into the sea at the harbor, swam to Wetlands and tried to walk south to Ironforge via following the river to Loch Modan. You guys should have seen my face when I've seen the unclimbable waterfall. Then I swam back to Stormwind and abandoned the quest. :D After a while I realized 3 things that really shocked me. 1. I could have just used the hearthstone to get back. 2. I could have climbed to Loch Modan from the tunnels. and 3. THERE IS A FUCKING UNDERGROUND RAILWAY HEADING STRAIGHT TO IRONFORGE FROM STORMWIND.

good old days.

Joh0239

#7 » Post by Joh0239 » 22 Jan 2018 07:12

alpakturk wrote:
21 Jan 2018 23:03
ahahah. This made me remember the day I was trying to reach Ironforge for a quest at 15 level from Stormwind (first time playing wow). First I tried to walk there directly (didn't have a mount) and got killed at burning steps multiple + multiple times. Then I returned to Stormwind and jumped into the sea at the harbor, swam to Wetlands and tried to walk south to Ironforge via following the river to Loch Modan. You guys should have seen my face when I've seen the unclimbable waterfall. Then I swam back to Stormwind and abandoned the quest. :D After a while I realized 3 things that really shocked me. 1. I could have just used the hearthstone to get back. 2. I could have climbed to Loch Modan from the tunnels. and 3. THERE IS A FUCKING UNDERGROUND RAILWAY HEADING STRAIGHT TO IRONFORGE FROM STORMWIND.

good old days.

Hahaha :D This reminds me aswell of when I was new to wow and was doing the seal (water form) quest on druid. It involved going to silverpine forest and get an item from the sea there. I didn't know how to get there so I took the boat from ratchet to booty bay and jumped in the water and swimmed from Booty bay to Silverpine forest. At that time the quest was bugged so the quest item wasn't spawned so I couldn't get the item anyway. Gladly I knew about Hearthstone so I could get away from there fast, haha.
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire