Nerf Raid Trash Mobs Health (PrimalWow) (Complete)

Dreadnought101

Nerf Raid Trash Mobs Health (PrimalWow) (Complete)

#1 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 04 Dec 2017 06:36

While trash generally provides a breather in between bosses, the trash is rough here, its not about the damage or spells, its just that they have so much health. Now understandably we dont want to risk farming trash for loot all day in some raids, but the pace is very slow for even high end guilds to clear content on farm.

Recommend
Kharazan~ -15%
Gruuls Lair~ -25%
Magtheridons Lair~ -50% (seriously, and they literally drop NOTHING yet take twice as long as magtheridon, which is a long fight in his own right)
Serpent Shrine Caverns~ -10% (this is a worry since its current content, and mobs still drop very useful items, but those bog lords take 3 minutes each alone...)
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

.Watson1988

Re: Nerf Raid Trash Mobs Health

#2 » Post by .Watson1988 » 04 Dec 2017 11:04

Totally agree on Kara and Mag trash reduction. In SSC it is just the Boglords that have such insanely large health pools. Overall the issue in SSC simply is that there is so much trash.

natnat123
Former Staff

#3 » Post by natnat123 » 06 Dec 2017 22:36

i agree on this, shouldnt be nerfed too much. but enough to make it so its not a huge drag

Joh0239

#4 » Post by Joh0239 » 06 Dec 2017 22:49

Can this be implemented on TW aswell? to nerf Icc/RS trash? No idea why they got scripted, it's just a bigger time consumer.
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

natnat123
Former Staff

#5 » Post by natnat123 » 06 Dec 2017 22:58

Joh0239 wrote:
06 Dec 2017 22:49
Can this be implemented on TW aswell? to nerf Icc/RS trash? No idea why they got scripted, it's just a bigger time consumer.
from what i can see, the ICC trash is blizzlike values. and ICC is endgame content. so there is no reason to change it. primal values are different due to emulating tbc on the wrath client.

everything needs scripting to make it as blizzlike as possible. not scripting something makes it not that way. unscripted content, even trash. is not good.

Joh0239

Re: Nerf Raid Trash Mobs Health (PrimalWow)

#6 » Post by Joh0239 » 07 Dec 2017 13:41

Well TW is the only server atm who have Icc trash scripted all the other servers have it unscripted. A lot of things aren't blizzlike on TW, a server who survives is a server who adapts to what the players want.

Icc trash takes more time to clear than any boss, they are only time consuming making a raid 1 hour longer than it have to.

This is a thread for PW, so I will stop dragging TW into it since this could be a new forum post on it's own, so I will stop commenting here.
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

Numquam

#7 » Post by Numquam » 08 Dec 2017 16:38

I agree with Kara and Magtheridon's too. With new raids becoming available, raid schedule will become harder to include all the content specially if trash takes so much. Maybe even Gruul's?

Even more since T4 content will become the farm content to gear new players and characters.

SSC is ok as it is, since it's T5 and you are supposed to take the longest on clear. And NPCs still drop nice stuff.
My spells are so cold they freeze my screen and snare my ms :D

kellison007

#8 » Post by kellison007 » 08 Dec 2017 19:52

I just want to 2nd this emotion regarding trash and bosses health. Trash should take 1-3 min to take down(max!!). Bosses should take 6-9 min. For christ-sakes, we are on a Server that is barely scratching by when it comes to our population and filling up raids with maybe 3 guilds even touching Vashj(and that's if we are lucky as sh*t and happen to fill up raids for that week). I appreciate that this server is trying to be 'Blizzlike', which is the main reason i'm here. Yet even Blizzard acknowledged that there was too much freaking trash in SSC to clear to get to a single boss. It literally takes about 45+ min of trash clearing to get to a god-damn boss.
I'm trying not to whine here, but this is a cry for help. I'm devoting a lot of time and resources of my life(as most of us are) to have an enjoyable and 'challenging' experience with my new friends here. But I'm starting to question if I want to continue on this path. Its not fun. Its massively time consuming. I'm not a leader, nor do I want to be. But the leaders of DTP,Murmur,ER and maybe Logic and Sanctuary need to have a pow-wow with GMs to figure this stuff out. None of us want this to be easier, but we want it to be realistic on how things should be set.

Theoretically speaking, randomly selecting Murmur having a perfect week of raiding should take this amount of time for dungeons listed:
Kara: 2.5-4 hours
Gruul: 30-45 min
Mag: 30-45 min
SSC: 3-4 hours
Eye: 3-5 hours

I can't even imagine how hard it will be to have guilds that are struggling to fill raids as is, when Hyjal/BT and finally Sunwell is released to even see content. There are probably going to be only 2 guilds that will be attuned for all this by that time....while the rest of us are still blowing 3 hours on Gruul or Mag till ICC is released.

Love,
Kinkynurse

Dreadnought101

#9 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 09 Dec 2017 05:15

Just stepped into Tempest Keep and the trash pacing feels WAY more reasonable then what SSC is puting us through.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

natnat123
Former Staff

#10 » Post by natnat123 » 09 Dec 2017 10:17

you are welcome :p

cts17

#11 » Post by cts17 » 09 Dec 2017 17:13

I just want to say that I think that Gruul/Mag and Kara seem to be quite well tuned. Much of the trash in SSC, however, seems to be overbuffed. Each Bog Lord seems to be a mini-boss in itself in order to clear. I'm glad to read that TK has better tuned trash so that things are going smoothly. Obviously you want to keep it difficult, but don't make it draining.

.Watson1988

#12 » Post by .Watson1988 » 18 Dec 2017 15:42

Is anything happening in this matter or did this get swept under the rug so people eventually forget about?

Nyeriah

#13 » Post by Nyeriah » 18 Dec 2017 16:40

What's with the atitude? The discussion simply hasn't progressed any further yet.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

natnat123
Former Staff

#14 » Post by natnat123 » 18 Dec 2017 17:17

ok, so im thinking, if people like the way TK trash health is. should i make SSC trash the same seen as its also T5 content

natnat123
Former Staff

Re: Nerf Raid Trash Mobs Health (PrimalWow) (Accepted)

#15 » Post by natnat123 » 18 Dec 2017 17:21

also changed to accepted, please discuss the values you think they should be here