Favorites

Doggma

Favorites

#1 » Post by Doggma » 30 Oct 2010 22:37

What are your favorites for warlock?

Why do you choose to be one?
What is so good about it?

Me?
I like anything evil, warlocks and death knights are number 1 classes to me, i just like the fact that i can summon thy dead...

And you?

Max

Re: Favorites

#2 » Post by Max » 01 Nov 2010 01:18

Because my friends and acquaintances think I'm warlock in real life, and because I listen to metal and I think warlock and warrior are only ones that could be metalheads. :P
And no other choice for warlock for me, just the undead one.

Minime

#3 » Post by Minime » 03 Nov 2010 16:10

Hmm, I am rolling one at 1.12.1 and why I chose one?

Well easy:
-Pure DPS from afar
-Demons to watch your back
-Enslaving a demon, example the Satyr Rogue at DM (You can solo HOWL east wing with only him as a warlock)
-Cool armor (Nemesis T2)
-Life, Mana and Soul drain to keep you up with the most important, Ss for stuff like SS and demons
-If raid gets wiped, the tank or/and healer are accused for

And even more good reasons for why I roll a Warlock =)

Visit www.fellfire.com for some good Warlock news!

gazas500

#4 » Post by gazas500 » 20 Dec 2010 22:27

Undead Warlock as the Forsaken have the most interesting plot and the Warlocks are good for damage in groups. :D

Pollind

#5 » Post by Pollind » 22 Dec 2010 19:12

Max what bands do you listen to?
Im a metalhead as well. :)

Universe

#6 » Post by Universe » 25 Feb 2011 19:47

I love warlocks, they are cool to party with..

I love their spells but i choose not to play one because it's not my type of class.. :evil:

S3rt3

#7 » Post by S3rt3 » 14 Apr 2011 20:59

well xD , why warlock? because... warlock lol !
I`m rolling warriors also (love 'em), and i tryed lock for the first time in WLK, and i like it, Insane crits in PvP , no other class can do bigger crits in PvP than locks. Am i wrong ?

Tarolock

#8 » Post by Tarolock » 15 Apr 2011 08:58

why warlock? every thing on it is for killing :D

Vyrath
Donor

#9 » Post by Vyrath » 29 Jun 2011 18:57

cause of the blueberry
Fuglyface lvl 80 Troll Shaman
Scourgelord lvl 80 Orc Death Knight
Misery lvl 80 Blood Elf Warlock
Hunk lvl 80 Blood Elf Paladin
Furburger lvl 80 Tauren Druid
Dataxe lvl 80 Orc Warrior
Deadfugs lvl 80 Forsaken Rogue
Fugsy lvl 80 Troll Hunter
Fugs lvl 80 Troll Priest
Fugtastic lvl 80 Troll Mage
Furryfugs lvl 16 Tauren Druid

Protective

#10 » Post by Protective » 08 Jul 2011 18:37

Trying warlock now, and just played Overlord II, what a match! At talents you can also choose between destruction and domination (affliction), I like to have some souls in my hand so I go for the soul corruption :) It's good to be bad, but even better to be evil :D

Zaplack

#11 » Post by Zaplack » 08 Jul 2011 23:35

i think warlocks r boring (my opinion, no offence) i guess they r useful alot in raids but i hate when they start to go fear whenever they understand their dead ...

Darkon

#12 » Post by Darkon » 21 Aug 2011 02:58

Why do i play Warlock?

I have always been a controller, used odd tactics to destroy my enemies, and i love profiting from the misfourtune of others

As a warlock i get:
Instant DoTs: they even heal me in affliction

A Demon who obeys my commands: who takes the aggro when i play smart? hint, its not me

Debuffs: okay, i can barely ever hit you lvl 80 horde running around SW, when i do you will have your resistances basically removed, and take 11% more damage from magic, for 5 minutes, thats gonna hurt you

amazing DPS: before i hit 70, i was almost always top dps of 60-69, ranging from ~250k to ~500k in 25 minute BG's

The ability to tell you to run away: I almost never actually cast fear, when i do i almost never die.

Utility: fleeing in the canals to dodge mounts? waterbreathing on everyone there, +20% swim speed, ritual of summoning, Soulstone on the healer, raid wide buffs from my demons, ritual of souls come get your health stones, see invisbility sorry mages, and again all of the debuff curses, The Chaos caused when one summons an infernal on a group of enemies in BG's, stunned, burning, and going OMGWTFBBQ.

Trololololol: nothing quite like seeing the DK twink you know you cant beat run in fear, for the rest of the BG.

claptrap

#13 » Post by claptrap » 22 Aug 2011 07:00

I love how unique and versatile it is. I also love how respected we usually are. There's a reason why there's very few derogatory name for locks.

We get some of the coolest looking spells in the game. Why throw a fireball when you can shoot a snaking trail of white hot fire across the ground? Why throw an icebolt when we can curse and ruin our targets while we gain strength from their misery?

I also love how it's a class that is easy to learn, but difficult to master all of it's quirks. I've had many people tell me they don't like affliction, for instance, because it is hard. Yet I find it's one of the strongest spec's for leveling, pvp and run dungeons there is. Between Life Tap, Siphon Life and Haunt, I never need to stop to eat or drink, and I only need to be healed if there is a large amount of AoE's flying about.

The last thing I love is the fear we strike in our victims, and I'm not talking about the spell. I've had people on this server mount up and RUN as soon as they realize I'm there... to no avail of course because I had already DoT'd them.

Bottom line, nobody can do as much damage as we do and still have more tricks that Batman's toolbelt.

Arnoxis

#14 » Post by Arnoxis » 31 Aug 2011 14:27

I like them because they are like useful mages :D

And rogues can be metalheads too or do u expect them to like pussycat dolls?

thedude

#15 » Post by thedude » 23 Oct 2013 19:28

I play affli lock for ages now...started on private vanila and just about to hit lvl 60 TBC comes...
I was like wtf!!!
It actualy took me ages to lvl that toon bcs I enjoyed it so much,I took my time,and it was my first encounter with wow...was kinda clueless to it.
When deciding what toon to pick I recalled WC3 and one map with orc warlocks cripling/cursing my forses,so I figured "That troublesome supporting caster must be interesting to play with"
I was so right...Higly mobile damage dealer,selfhealing,versatile in raids and BG's,usefull buffs,crowd control spells...freaking delicious.
I'm not realy relating with my toon,IRL I'm not evul nor am I like that in game...I awoid doing misdeeds in game,it's simply interesting to play with...affliction rotation is by far the most complicated imo and that's what still keeps me playing.
Tryed a Mage,DK,Dodo,Priest (ok SP is quite simmilar but still eez mode),Warr,Shamy...it's all cool but Aflli lock is...aflli lock...ewerything around you is dying while you are boosted...more skills more kills.
PS.Give us back Curse of Idiocy,cast on enemy and insult at the same time...delicious!