Absolutely shocked.

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Grooved

Absolutely shocked.

#1 » Post by Grooved » 27 Oct 2017 06:30

This server could be fantastic, the idea and concept is something I thought was slightly groundbreaking, it would appeal to more people (especially that I know) to enjoy older content the way it was meant to be enjoyed. I came here, I got a transfer (free 60, woo.), thought hey, this is a fantastic start, I'll donate. I then walked out of an inn to notice the 60 naxxramas (which I am completely heartbroken I missed as content) gave the 80 realm first! to people? That was my first tick that made me want to drop this server. Second of all, I then came to find out that you deleted 2 years worth of scripting for Old School Naxx for a Core? I am absolutely baffled... There are thousands of other players with the same ambition as my own, as well as the same appeal to the server you are offering. This has instantaneously made me not want to continue any further. It is a rarity to find a server offering the experience you are, and I don't think you have truly acknowledged the ambitions/aspirations of many players out there who are in the same boat as I am, as I can almost assure you they will feel the same way that I do. I will not be donating towards the project until a clear explanation is given to not only me, but every body who comes here. As I do not think I would have participated or donated if I had known prior.

Yours, Grooved (Kaelthuzad/Retribute)

Dunkelstein

Re: Absolutely shocked.

#2 » Post by Dunkelstein » 27 Oct 2017 10:45

From what I understand:
Nothing has been deleted, all the scripts can be reapplied. It takes some time but it's not like starting from zero.

Due to the size of the project, the core updates seem just to good to pass up. It's going to take around another 2 years before all the content is released and the point of constantly updating the core along the way is to have a polished, complete game world in the future.

The reason why so much old stuff is still broken since after that last problematic trinity core update is that the devs constantly have to focus on the new upcoming content (atm it's Tempest Keep).
Efforts are being made to make that old content playable again, though.

Also it's worth pointing out that problems with core updates like that are not a regular thing. Still I don't think anyone can say how often or severe it will happen in the next 2 years and beyond.

As for explanations by the staff... there have been many scattered posts in the past. I will link you some in PM. Also it's not like anyone owes us anything, afterall it's still our choice to invest time into the game and donate to the project. That's why it's called donating and not paying for a product.
Aka Funkelstein

natnat123
Former Staff

#3 » Post by natnat123 » 27 Oct 2017 11:15

personally. im not bothered about people getting the realm first naxx achievement. however. once wrath is here and naxx is released. the achievement needs to be made available again for wrath naxx. if its not. thats fucked up and unfair to anyone who clears the wrath naxx first.

Eronox
MVP

#4 » Post by Eronox » 27 Oct 2017 11:29

natnat123 wrote:
27 Oct 2017 11:15
personally. im not bothered about people getting the realm first naxx achievement. however. once wrath is here and naxx is released. the achievement needs to be made available again for wrath naxx.
That's our intention.
Officially posted even before the first people got their realms first.

For naxxramas; I have and I am working very hard on it for both realms, you can expect it to become available for PW once again in due time.

Dunkelstein has a good image, there's only two of us that work with the core and 3/4 that does Database work. Me and spec, that works with the core, always have something new to attend too and we are really working fixiated towards better releases.

Hope this answers your concerns.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

natnat123
Former Staff

#5 » Post by natnat123 » 27 Oct 2017 11:36

Eronox wrote:
27 Oct 2017 11:29

That's our intention.

For naxxramas; I have and I am working very hard on it for both realms, you can expect it to become available for PW once again in due time.

Dunkelstein has a good image, there's only two of us that work with the core and 3/4 that does Database work. Me and spec, that works with the core, always have something new to attend too and we are really working fixiated towards better releases.

nice and nice work :D, i want my T3 transmog. so it would be awesome to have naxx fixed :D

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#6 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 27 Oct 2017 12:39

Naxx40 is hard. Naxx in wotlk is not. Murmur worked their asses off for that achievement. You can take your sense of entitlement and cram it.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Grooved

#7 » Post by Grooved » 27 Oct 2017 14:22

Fitzpatrick wrote:
27 Oct 2017 12:39
Naxx40 is hard. Naxx in wotlk is not. Murmur worked their asses off for that achievement. You can take your sense of entitlement and cram it.
You aren't getting the picture here. There is no level of self-entitlement, I don't feel entitled to anything, however I do feel that those who aim for the 80 version of Naxxramas should be rewarded with the original title that was implemented during wotlk. And those who certainly worked their ass off for the 60 version, should have been rewarded with a custom title, such as Slayer of Naxxramas. If this was done, the title would remain as rare as it is today, as opposed to 70-80 people with Conqueror? I think small details like this matter; and can still give an excellent and rewarding experience while still keeping the future content intact and ready for everyone on it's release.

natnat123
Former Staff

#8 » Post by natnat123 » 27 Oct 2017 14:22

Fitzpatrick wrote:
vanilla naxx40. with vanilla client/mechanics. and i highly doubt the whole of naxx was scripted exactly like vanilla.
so i wouldnt say it was as hard as the actual vanilla naxx. however. i do agree that its ok for those people to have got the achievements. cause i have no doubt that it was hard. just not as hard as the actual vanilla naxx.
but the achievement should also become available again when wrath naxx is released. so if they allready have that planned. they are doing the right thing.

natnat123
Former Staff

#9 » Post by natnat123 » 27 Oct 2017 14:24

Grooved wrote:
27 Oct 2017 14:22
Fitzpatrick wrote:
You aren't getting the picture here. There is no level of self-entitlement, I don't feel entitled to anything, however I do feel that those who aim for the 80 version of Naxxramas should be rewarded with the original title that was implemented during wotlk. And those who certainly worked their ass off for the 60 version, should have been rewarded with a custom title, such as Slayer of Naxxramas. If this was done, the title would remain as rare as it is today, as opposed to 70-80 people with Conqueror? I think small details like this matter; and can still give an excellent and rewarding experience while still keeping the future content intact and ready for everyone on it's release.
Conqueror sounds better imo. and adding custom achievements would possibly mean that people would have to install custom wow patches to play. bad idea

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#10 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 27 Oct 2017 14:30

natnat123 wrote:
Fitzpatrick wrote:
vanilla naxx40. with vanilla client/mechanics. and i highly doubt the whole of naxx was scripted exactly like vanilla.
so i wouldnt say it was as hard as the actual vanilla naxx. however. i do agree that its ok for those people to have got the achievements. cause i have no doubt that it was hard. just not as hard as the actual vanilla naxx.
but the achievement should also become available again when wrath naxx is released. so if they allready have that planned. they are doing the right thing.
You werent there, dude. It was hard. DTP and Murmur worked for month(s) on 4hm. There should only be one "Realm First" because its literally in the name.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Grooved

#11 » Post by Grooved » 27 Oct 2017 14:37

Eronox wrote:
27 Oct 2017 11:29
natnat123 wrote:
27 Oct 2017 11:15
personally. im not bothered about people getting the realm first naxx achievement. however. once wrath is here and naxx is released. the achievement needs to be made available again for wrath naxx.
That's our intention.

Thank you, this is excellent information for me to take on board. I highly appreciate the work you are doing, I was not aware of your staff population and I cannot thank you enough for listening to and giving feedback and ultimately giving us hope that it will be returned before it's ultimate demise in 2020. Please do stay in contact, It would be brilliant to hear the odd update on how things are getting on.

Yours, Kaelthuzad/Retribute

natnat123
Former Staff

#12 » Post by natnat123 » 27 Oct 2017 14:38

i know i wasnt and i said i have no doubt it was hard. still dont think it would have been like actual vanilla. infact. thats impossible with wowlk class mechanics. and i know wowlk naxx is easy (at least it was on retail) but its a wowlk achievement. therefore it should be available in wowlk. people will know the difference because of the dates on the achievements anyway.
Last edited by natnat123 on 27 Oct 2017 14:40, edited 2 times in total.

Grooved

#13 » Post by Grooved » 27 Oct 2017 14:39

Fitzpatrick wrote:
27 Oct 2017 14:30
natnat123 wrote:
Fitzpatrick wrote:
You werent there, dude. It was hard. DTP and Murmur worked for month(s) on 4hm. There should only be one "Realm First" because its literally in the name.
Everybody know's that the 4HM was an insane boss fight. It does not surprise me that people had to work on that for a very very long time. I did encounter naxxramas during retail content, just nowhere near as much as I would have liked too.

Grooved

#14 » Post by Grooved » 27 Oct 2017 14:41

natnat123 wrote:
27 Oct 2017 14:24
Grooved wrote:
Fitzpatrick wrote:
Conqueror sounds better imo. and adding custom achievements would possibly mean that people would have to install custom wow patches to play. bad idea
That is not correct, I know that it is possible to create titles even from in-game. It wouldn't involve downloading any patches. And do not hold me on the name, it was a literal brief example of change. Imo Slayer of Naxx is a bit weak for such a difficult achievement.

Eronox
MVP

#15 » Post by Eronox » 27 Oct 2017 14:47

Grooved wrote:
27 Oct 2017 14:37
Thank you, this is excellent information for me to take on board. I highly appreciate the work you are doing, I was not aware of your staff population and I cannot thank you enough for listening to and giving feedback and ultimately giving us hope that it will be returned before it's ultimate demise in 2020. Please do stay in contact, It would be brilliant to hear the odd update on how things are getting on.

Yours, Kaelthuzad/Retribute
Of course.
I should remind you, staff is not superior to the community, the community are superior to the staff!

Locking the thread as there's no need to escalate.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash