[PW] Ret Pally pre-raid BiS and talents

Dreadnought101

[PW] Ret Pally pre-raid BiS and talents

#1 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 13 Oct 2017 09:15

PvE Retribution Talent Build

Quick Requirements
-Blacksmithing maxed - Armorsmithing w/ Bulwark of Kings line researched.
Aldor/Shatar [Honored] (Exalted is nice though, direct upgrade but not directly needed)
Cenarion Expedition [Revered]
Consortium [Exalted]

Mask of the Deceiver (50 Badge of Justice) - Chaotic Skyfire Diamond, Inscribed Noble Topaz - Arcanum of Ferocity (Cenarion Expedition [Revered])

Haramad's Bargain (Consortium Quartermaster[Exalted]) AND
Skeletal Necklace of Battlerage ([Heroic] Slave Pens - Rokmar the Crackler) Use if you are not Draenei, or dont have draenei in group to get hit cap.

Ragesteel Shoulders (Blacksmithing) - Bold Living Ruby x2 - Aldor/Scryer Head Enchant

Capacitus' Cloak of Calibration ([Heroic] Mechanar - Cache of the Legion) Enchant Cloak - Greater Agility (Enchanter/+12 Agility)

Bulwark of Kings (Armorsmithing, only you can make this) - Bold Living Ruby x3 - Enchant Chest - Exceptional Stats (Enchanter/+6 Stats)

Black Felsteel Bracers (Blacksmithing) - Enchant Bracer - Brawn (Enchanter/+12 Strength)

Ragesteel Gloves (Blacksmithing) Enchant Gloves - Major Strength (Enchanter/+15 strength)

Deathforge Girdle ([Both] Sethekk Halls - Talon King Ikiss) Sovereign Nightseye, Bold Living Ruby

Vanquisher's Legplates ([Heroic] Mechanar - Pathaleon the Calculator) Sovereign Nightseye, Bold Living Ruby x2 - Cobrahide Leg Armor (Leatherworker/+40 Attack Power, +10 Crit Rating), Nethercobra Leg Armor (Leatherworker/+50 Attack Power, +12 Crit Rating) Very expensive but better version

Obsidian Clodstompers ([Both] Botanica - Commander Sarannis) Enchant Boots - Surefooted (Enchanter/+10 hit rating, +10 crit rating)

Rings - Reavers' Ring ([Heroic] Hellfire Ramparts - Vazruden the Herald)
Resounding Ring of Glory ([Heroic] Escape from Durnhold - Epoch Hunter)
A'dal's Command [Sha'tar Exalted] Hard to get, but incredibly impacftul
Shapeshifter's Signet [Lower City Exalted] Expertise is strange for retribution palladins, but this provides a very high amount to be strong

Bloodlust Brooch (41 Badges of Justice)
Core of Ar'kelos (Quest Reward: Ar'kelos the Guardian [Netherstorm]) Most would say Hourglass of the Unraveller, but actually its to inconsistent and doesnt work well when you want to do burst damage

Libram of Avengement ([Heroic] Blood Furnace - Heroic)

Khorium Champion (Blacksmithing, hard to get but incredibly important as the +120 strength proc is up 90-100% of the time) Enchant 2H weapon - Savagery (Enchanter/+70 Attack Power) Mongoose Enchant is uniquely overrated for ret palladins, and Savagery is very easy to get
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

Dunkelstein

Re: [PW] Ret Pally pre-raid BiS and talents

#2 » Post by Dunkelstein » 13 Oct 2017 14:16

Thanks, also nice to see Nuko's armory tooltips working so well.
Aka Funkelstein

dgreenbe

#3 » Post by dgreenbe » 13 Oct 2017 15:56

Good guide! Some suggested changes:

Neck--BOE blue world drop Necklace of Trophies
Cape- Cloak of Darkness is BiS, but I guess you could say it counts as raid gear as it is a Kara rep vendor recipe
Feet- Vortex Walking Boots but yah clodstompers are fine until then
Trinkets: glad to see hourglass not getting overrated as usual (icd and proc based on crit is not so hot for 2h dps. Good choices but ofc DMF: Crusade is BiS as it offers 120 AP and 80 SP.

For rings I would suggest considering Shaffar's Band of Brutality from Yor if there are hit issues.

jetteroo

#4 » Post by jetteroo » 15 Oct 2017 10:24

And the ring from doomwalker which is better than Yor ring

Dunkelstein

#5 » Post by Dunkelstein » 15 Oct 2017 11:38

^Sadly all worldboss loot ist BoE. So all retri loot will be bought by Pyma/Acmpa :DD
Aka Funkelstein

jetteroo

#6 » Post by jetteroo » 15 Oct 2017 14:12

I would like to see a T4 version of this thread. I m struggling to replace my doom plate 2 pieces with the hit bonus. 😎

dgreenbe

#7 » Post by dgreenbe » 16 Oct 2017 10:07

Hit rings and BM Hc belt