[PW] Druid Tanking

flosr1
Donor

Re: [PW] Druid Tanking

#31 » Post by flosr1 » 08 Oct 2017 13:01

Anesthesia wrote:
08 Oct 2017 11:25
You cant use last 2 rows of talent trees, everything else is open.

8% from Naturalist, and 4% from Shapeshifter is (1.08 x 1.04) 12.32% extra damage, while Naturalist 5/5 would give you 10% for 4 less talent points.
well first of all, het gets 14% extra dmg. improved mangle might sound good, but the biggest part of your aggro comes from Maul. also, "king of the jungle" gives 15% extra dmg for a few seconds, also you should not use it in a fight anyway, because it lowers your armor. i prefer 14% extra dmg overall, compared to 15% for a few seconds and lower CD on only one ability.

https://truewow.org/armory/talentcalc.p ... ,,&realm=p

I do agree that "infected wounds" is a good talent. but i talked to a few warriors and it seems it is pretty much covered for 25m raids

Anesthesia
Former Staff

#32 » Post by Anesthesia » 08 Oct 2017 13:39

flosr1 wrote:
08 Oct 2017 13:01
well first of all, het gets 14% extra dmg.
he had 4/5 Naturalist and talents scale with each other,
100 x 1.10 x 1.04 = 114.4% damage done, 100% w/o those talents

That is reduction in your base armor, its tiny increase in dmg taken for the duration, one bad enchant hurts more.
No one can see what's in my pocket.

Mickiii

#33 » Post by Mickiii » 08 Oct 2017 13:47

Well, i'm a bit confused. :)

Should i bother with Infected Wounds or not? Having one point in it and taking one from naturalist might be a viable solution.
Master shapeshifter gives 4% damage increase but also gives the mana cost reduction since i take the 3 points above it.

Mana cost reduction is rather nice to have, don't you think?

And as i stated before, i'm not currently raiding... I do have hopes of getting into Karazhan, but until then, it will only be heroics or the odd normal.

Anesthesia
Former Staff

#34 » Post by Anesthesia » 08 Oct 2017 14:02

Infected Wounds is the most important debuff a tank can apply, Demoralizing Roar is not as good as Demo Shout or Vindication from paladin, I dont think its wise for a tank to rely on other players to apply both debuffs.

Master Shapeshiffter gives you 4% extra damage, as a tank you DO NOT need this talent, and it costs 5 talent points to have it. Reduced shapeshifting cost is not needed as well, in situations when you are changing forms every 20~ seconds, lets say you are soloing a mob and you have to heal yourself with Regrowth and Rejuvenation, mana you gain from Improved Leader of the Pack is more than enough.

Personally Id much rather have reduced CD on Mangle as it applies 2 of your most important debuffs (Infected Wounds and increased damage taken from bleeds (Lacerate) and Maul) and it makes it easier to reduce incoming damage while tanking multiple targets.

For your needs I would suggest;
https://truewow.org/armory/talentcalc.p ... ,0&realm=p
> can be used for tanking in raids, dungeons, solo farming instances.

You can also put some points into Feral Aggression instead in Improved Mangle if you want your Demo Roar to fully reduce AP of most if not all of the mobs inside of dungeons. One of the reasons feral is a good OffTank in raids is the ability to deal decent damage in cat form while having Tank gear and Talents, for that, it is good to have Improved Mangle or even Shredding Attacks in your tank spec.
In addition, feral spec does not have that many options, you will eventually decide what is better for you, as you will most likely be forced to DPS in your tank spec at certain fights, or you will want to have OS ready for DPS and/or PVP. There is not enough talents to cover all of the situations with just 2 specs, but it all depends on your play-style and variety of activities you do with your character.

Mickiii

#35 » Post by Mickiii » 08 Oct 2017 14:11

I like that spec, but i think i'd rather have one more in the swipe increase than 3 in mangle. Swipe feels vital when holding multiple targets that the increased damage would equal to increased threat.
https://truewow.org/armory/talentcalc.p ... ,0&realm=p

So that i think would suit best..

Anesthesia
Former Staff

#36 » Post by Anesthesia » 08 Oct 2017 14:23

I have edited my previous post, not sure which talent build you saw.

Swipe is not as great as it could/should be, biggest part of your aggro will come from Maul, in AoE situations it is crucial to change targets and Maul each of them for IW debuff and aggro generation. Personally I do not spam Swipe all the time in AoE, you can spread more aggro with Mangles and Mauls depending on the situation and your level of rage. But that one talent point will not make any real difference, and additional level of stealth is always nice to have.

flosr1
Donor

#37 » Post by flosr1 » 08 Oct 2017 15:18

hm...

i think i will try out the infected wounds spec, you guys kinda convinced me. the main argument that convinced me was spending 5 talent points for 4% more dmg.

Mickiii

#38 » Post by Mickiii » 08 Oct 2017 17:37

Did some tanking before changing the spec and it did go rather ok. I feel i managed to keep threat ok now with different gear. But i have also done some respeccing. Hopefully it will benefit the tanking. :)