Still Cross Faction?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
doosty04

Still Cross Faction?

#1 » Post by doosty04 » 18 Jul 2017 17:13

Title says it.

I played here a few months ago before TBC launch.
JW if it is still cross faction or not.
Thanks for the replies!

Eronox
MVP

Re: Still Cross Faction?

#2 » Post by Eronox » 18 Jul 2017 17:22

Oh hello veteran!

yes indeed, full CF for both realms.
This includes, /say /party /g and even /raid & /battleground!
Oh yes, you heard right.

Welcome back!

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Hanne

#3 » Post by Hanne » 18 Jul 2017 18:02

Why PW is still CF tho? Much better pop than TW had in last couple years and it didnt need CF. Would be more bilzik without it... just wondering.

skyx

#4 » Post by skyx » 18 Jul 2017 18:05

Hanne wrote:
18 Jul 2017 18:02
Why PW is still CF tho? Much better pop than TW had in last couple years and it didnt need CF. Would be more bilzik without it... just wondering.
There is "Blizz-like" and there is activity. I'd pick activity 10/10 times. Maybe if the population averages higher and the population votes for it, it could happen.

IronSharona
Former Staff

#5 » Post by IronSharona » 18 Jul 2017 18:49

Hanne wrote:
18 Jul 2017 18:02
We did consider separating based on the population size but many guilds seemed upset or concerned about the idea of losing half of their valued members. We are always open to reconsidering if people do wish to split the factions but last we checked, it felt like a majority of people enjoyed the extra activity derived from fully crossfaction implementation.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Dunkelstein

#6 » Post by Dunkelstein » 11 Sep 2017 19:35

IronSharona wrote:
18 Jul 2017 18:49
We did consider separating based on the population size but many guilds seemed upset....
Consider? The eventual split of factions at TBC release has been preached since day 1 of cross faction.
It's always been a big point for anyone who didn't like cross faction in the first place.
In the end, it didn't go through because many guilds didn't like it? Of course not, what kind of established guild would give up their "monopoly" on such a small community? New Expansions are supposed to upset and concern big old guilds. It's what happened with the original release of TBC and WotLK when raiding went from 40->25->10.

In what way exactly did guilds seem upset? I find it hard to believe that the staff would "go back on their word" like that without a proper poll or suggestions post.

Guilds in the vanilla phase were built around 40-man raids. TBC raids have 25 slots, so splitting factions wouldn't really have had an effect on "losing valued members" in terms of losing raid spots. If the guild and the concerned member really valued each other that much, they could have still faction changed (btw, faction change was supposed to be free for the faction split). Ontop of that there was a huge influx of new players in early TBC.
Now the guild scene is exactly the same as a year ago.
A forced reset by splitting factions would have really improved the server imo. It would have given smaller guilds the chance to recruit "new old" players. Building a new guild would have actually been possible.
Now it's obviously too late and we will have to wait for the next expansion to have a chance for split factions again..

I've been away from this server for over a year and it's just sad to see that the guild scene is still exactly the same as almost 2 years ago, with no new guilds coming close to having a chance to compete with the 3 big guilds, despite the new 10 and 25-slot raids.
Sorry for the rant/necro post. In the end I can only blame myself for not being here at TBC release, I guess.
Aka Funkelstein

Nyeriah

#7 » Post by Nyeriah » 11 Sep 2017 19:55

It was said that they'd consider removing cross faction if the population rounded at 500+ players, which did not happen.

Deim

#8 » Post by Deim » 11 Sep 2017 20:27

To be honest, Aftershock had plans if xfaction was to be removed, we were just waiting for any kind of announcement, at the first weeks after release of TBC. However, with the current population there is no point of removing it as it would hinder the raiding scene even more.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

natnat123
Former Staff

#9 » Post by natnat123 » 11 Sep 2017 21:26

to be honest, crossfaction is good. even for retail, it doesnt stop you doing things like pvp. (like some idiots think) and in alot of cases. it is actually lore friendly. as long as there is still only horde and only alliance zones ect and people can still pvp when not grouped. then crossfaction is great. even if the pop was like 1k+ i would be sad to see it removed. from what i have seen on alot private servers. is a lot of toxic assholes insulting each others factions as if they hate each other in real life. its pathetic. that doesnt happen here :)