6 Years of WoW, One Epic Journey!

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
niqht

Re: 6 Years of WoW, One Epic Journey!

#31 » Post by niqht » 13 Apr 2016 09:46

it is against what you want to do with this server, but allowing people a blank (green) 60 transfer would go towards maximizing the opportunity we have with Nost closing. I have seen the numbers grow a lot since it has fallen and I really hope it jumps again when transfers are in effect. But, if people want to give up there geared 60+ somewhere else to come here... the more the merrier.

candre23
Donor

#32 » Post by candre23 » 13 Apr 2016 16:24

I just signed up for primal yesterday and never had a toon on nost/true/etc, so I don't have a dog in this fight. But personally, I wouldn't mind opening up "blank" transfers from nost or true for those that can prove they had/have a 60 there. Nothing too fancy, just give those folks the opportunity to have a level 60 toon of the same race/class with a set of appropriate greens, epic mount, and a couple hundred gold. They'd still have to work to get raid-ready, but it might be enough of an incentive to get more active players.

Obviously if you were to offer this sort of deal, it should be a limited time thing.

Shammyspice

#33 » Post by Shammyspice » 25 Apr 2016 20:42

I'm curious what would happen with cross-faction play if/when there's enough of a population to separate again. Wouldn't that cause a lot of people who are collaborating as horde/alliance right now to have to re-roll to all be the same faction if they wanted to continue playing together?

Just a thought...

MerelyASetback
Donor

#34 » Post by MerelyASetback » 25 Apr 2016 20:49

Shammyspice wrote:I'm curious what would happen with cross-faction play if/when there's enough of a population to separate again. Wouldn't that cause a lot of people who are collaborating as horde/alliance right now to have to re-roll to all be the same faction if they wanted to continue playing together?

Just a thought...
The current plan is to give out one free faction change voucher per game-account(?) when the cross-faction is removed.

Most of the guilds already have a 'faction' assigned to them. Only shamans or paladins are characters that 'have to be' of the other faction. All other classes can be from the guild's faction right now.

candre23
Donor

#35 » Post by candre23 » 25 Apr 2016 21:29

MerelyASetback wrote: The current plan is to give out one free faction change voucher per game-account(?) when the cross-faction is removed.
Do they intend to continue to allow both factions on a single account? Because otherwise that could get pretty tricky. Say you had 4 alliance toons, and you were only allowed to transfer one, they couldn't send mail to each other.

And that's before you consider the fact that most people have more than one toon in a guild. Doesn't seem fair to allow one to move with the guild, while the others can't.

I'd prefer cross-faction guilding/grouping to remain in effect indefinitely. If that's really not an option, then the only fair way to do it is to allow an entire account to switch sides.

MerelyASetback
Donor

#36 » Post by MerelyASetback » 25 Apr 2016 21:36

candre23 wrote:
MerelyASetback wrote: Do they intend to continue to allow both factions on a single account? Because otherwise that could get pretty tricky. Say you had 4 alliance toons, and you were only allowed to transfer one, they couldn't send mail to each other.
Cross-faction mail (and accounts) will still be a thing (as it is on the main realm). Only cross-faction grouping, guilding and chat will be lost from Primal's pov, I assume.

Shammyspice

#37 » Post by Shammyspice » 30 Apr 2016 01:34

So if I play a Tauren Shaman and the guild I plan on joining is Alliance, once cross faction play is removed I wouldn't be able to play with that guild anymore? Is it possible to hold off on dropping cross faction play until BC is "released" so those that play shaman and/or paladin can have the option to switch if they need to?

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#38 » Post by Errorista » 30 Apr 2016 10:29

Roel wrote:To prevent confusion, character customization is enough for just gender change but faction change is required to change from nelf to belf. Although we will provide one free faction change when we launch TBC.
Cross faction will be available until TBC launch then everything will be split as it was on retail except AH and everyone will be able to set character customization free of charge.

Fárlight

#39 » Post by Fárlight » 30 Apr 2016 11:32

Could will be there Chatting with the other faction too?
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#40 » Post by Errorista » 30 Apr 2016 12:10

doubt so but thats question for admins

Crouggen1969

#41 » Post by Crouggen1969 » 19 Sep 2016 07:49

but i think its good for creating a suspense type situation.... there must be some background song too

Klick17

#42 » Post by Klick17 » 12 Jun 2017 06:41

Primal wow is a progressed realm, although the server itself is truewow, people just have the option to play on primal wow as it is progressed and updated by the server staff/administration, and the players also have the choice to play on the truewow realm which is Full LK version, So just play on the 2 realms and whichever of the 2 you like more than the other, play there, but also be respectful enough give the other realm a chance to play on instead of hating it, this way you can switch from the 2 when the other realm is offline for a restart or even an update.! :idea: 8-) :) :D ^_^

richardjews

#43 » Post by richardjews » 09 Sep 2017 11:32

It will likely take around 5-6 years before we get that far in the progression.

Fir3fox
Donor

#44 » Post by Fir3fox » 19 Mar 2018 14:58

Klick17 wrote:
12 Jun 2017 06:41
Primal wow is a progressed realm, although the server itself is truewow, people just have the option to play on primal wow as it is progressed and updated by the server staff/administration, and the players also have the choice to play on the truewow realm which is Full LK version, So just play on the 2 realms and whichever of the 2 you like more than the other, play there, but also be respectful enough give the other realm a chance to play on instead of hating it, this way you can switch from the 2 when the other realm is offline for a restart or even an update.! :idea: 8-) :) :D ^_^

i know this is an old post, but why doesn't the staff release Wotlk on primalwow and merge it with the old realm.
there is litterally nothing to do on both realms with the current population.

Current population

wotlk:
6 - 10

TBC:
15 - 12

i know in the weekend its a tad higher but still not enough to do rdf's or rhc's let alone raids lol.

natnat123
Former Staff

#45 » Post by natnat123 » 19 Mar 2018 15:05

Still not very high, but the pop is higher than you say it is. and because primal wow is still in progression.