PW Droprates

ayberkev

PW Droprates

#1 » Post by ayberkev » 28 Jan 2017 12:53

The item droprates on PW seems to be too excessive right now. You kill 3 mobs and get 2 epics. While i know this is to compensate for the low population on the server, it still is too much and the world drop random epic feels worthless right now. This will not really effect the already raiding regular players but it will rather change the perspective of the fresh players who can get excited about finding Krol Blade for example. I would have the rates vanilla like but we can discuss about the rates people want.

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

Re: PW Droprates

#2 » Post by Errorista » 28 Jan 2017 12:59

have you consider option to be just lucky :D ? drop rates are 1x here, you can check drop chance in our armoury: http://www.truewow.org/armory/item.php? ... 44&realm=t

ayberkev

#3 » Post by ayberkev » 29 Jan 2017 12:37

Every time i level a new chrachter, i end up with 4-5 epics at lvl 60. This was rarely the case in vanilla as i dont even remember looting a single epic world drop in all the time i have played. What we have now seems to be the Wotlk drop rates. If they keep dropping at this rate from lvl 60 to 70 then its gonna make epic world drops just as useless as they are now.

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 29 Jan 2017 13:02

This is the same for about every other Trinitycore private server.

Sassafras

#5 » Post by Sassafras » 30 Jan 2017 19:33

Trinitycore has higher base values for world drops. It's certainly not blizzlike, but nerfing them to proper values would be a large undertaking. In addition, up until this point players have been running off these droprates, which is why you don't see items like hand of edward the odd going for hundreds or thousands of gold. Nerfing these droprates now would be problematic because there are already so many of these world blues/purples in circulation. So naturally, I'd like to see the development effort focused elsewhere.

As a side note, I haven't looked at TBC world drop rates yet, but if they are in a similar condition to vanilla TC rates, I'd hope they would be fixed prior to TBC release.

--Suul

Almsivi
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Almsivi » 07 Sep 2017 22:58

Trinity core related, too time consuming to rework everything, not enough input, rejecting.
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
~Niccolo Machiavelli