The Burning Crusade Release

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Xtremest

Re: The Burning Crusade Release

#46 » Post by Xtremest » 30 Jun 2017 07:25

Gnurg wrote:
30 Jun 2017 01:36
Nyeriah wrote:
29 Jun 2017 21:36
Please don't spam nonsense Xtreeme
Better just remove him, Imo. He's just poor publicity and won't be missed.
You want to remove me?? I will start leveling in Primal-Wow from today and I will see what happens. By the way, you wrote "potensial" and that is wrong, It is spelled as "potential". Bye
Answer me a question, I need a complete and honest answer: Is it painful to be stupid? Or are you too stupid to feel it? It's a really simple question. -Royo-

skyx

#47 » Post by skyx » 30 Jun 2017 15:43

Xtremest wrote: You want to remove me?? I will start leveling in Primal-Wow from today and I will see what happens. By the way, you wrote "potensial" and that is wrong, It is spelled as "potential". Bye
Don't bother (for now). Everyone is doing boring shizz like farming BoJs. Absolutely no PvP whatsoever. Just do some 2017 stuff at least for the meanwhile.

i.e. it is boring af if ur pvp minded.

Antreon

#48 » Post by Antreon » 01 Jul 2017 01:35

Gnurg wrote:
30 Jun 2017 01:36
Nyeriah wrote:
29 Jun 2017 21:36
Please don't spam nonsense Xtreeme
Better just remove him, Imo. He's just poor publicity and won't be missed.

I don't think people realize that the difference between a PvP and PvE realm is only that you get flagged and can't unflag while in a contested zone (i.e. Stranglethorn Vale). Basically, you can attack/be attacked by the opposite faction while they/you are levelling or farming. It keeps the game more realistic and can be fun when it's an even battle, but rarely it isn't. People tend to only start a fight when they know they got the advantage, like being some levels above. Some like to troll certain individuals (i.e.Murmur would eagerly camp Farlight's alts) and with our small community the potensial for such targetting is quite likely (everyone knows everyone).

On a PvE realm you would still have world PvP in defending faction bosses or in locations like Wintergrasp and Haala (provided they're enabled). Outside world PvP you do have battlegrounds and arenas, where you find people, hopefully at the same skill level, eager to PvP. More than enough if you ask me.

tl;dr PvP = Allow bullying, PvE = Let the player choose if they want to bully/be bullied.

So much for "half the game".

i 100% agree on arenas, bgs and 1 pvp zone being enouth

however pvp balance right now is shit, like utter shit, resil isnt going to fix shit, rewards are absolute shit aswell and if they are going to do what i think they will do (gate pvp gear ONLY through arena) pvp will be dead just like in vanilla

i dont even know why am i still trying to pvp on this meme server

Gnurg

#49 » Post by Gnurg » 08 Jul 2017 11:04

Antreon wrote:
01 Jul 2017 01:35

however pvp balance right now is shit, like utter shit, resil isnt going to fix shit, rewards are absolute shit aswell and if they are going to do what i think they will do (gate pvp gear ONLY through arena) pvp will be dead just like in vanilla

I don't think balance is the problem, but rather the number PvP interrested players. Lets assume you have 10 % 'hard core PvPeers' among the population. With the peak 400 players online, that would leave 40 players during the most active times. That would hopefully mean 20 active arena teams. But... these players will also have to PvE and raids tend to be held during peak times (raids create the peaks rather). Maybe it would leave us with 10 teams (both teammates would have to be free from raids and RL=> unlikely). Among those 10 teams there would be some skill difference, both in MMR and being better. If you're very good at the game, you will likely never face a new opponent before 10 minutes have passed and once that game is over they'll dodge you. Finally, you have balance issues, why would you bother playing scissor versus rock? And maybe there's no paper team? But the balance doesn't really matter much due to all the problems above.

Arena tournament, which from my PoV was the only successful PvP server had an population of 1000-2000 active PvP players, so it would equal a 10000-20000 population PvE server (if my 10 % assumption is right for PvE servers). They also didn't have any PvE that would distract them.

I don't think you will ever experience a really active PvP scene here, just some casual arenas and battlegrounds with the same people. One thing that might help would be enabling random battleground, as it got quite tedious playing Warsong Gulch everytime.

If you're concerned about balancing, you should join the tester team. They did look at balancing before the core switch, maybe they're still working on it?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Floss

#50 » Post by Floss » 08 Jul 2017 11:42

The people here don't understand that PvP in contrast to PvE, has no expiration date.
On TrueWow, we got sick of killing LK & Halion in 25hc mode for the 100th f***ing time. but PvP was always there and always active.
The Same thing is going to happen here eventually. anyway, I won't try to change people's state of mind.

About Random Battlegrounds, we talked about the problem being on the Client's side.
I need to study this with the little data that you've given me , the problem is time, I barely got time to even log the game as I work 6 days a week. but I strongly believe this will drastically better the face of PvP on this server.

About Balance, the subject is very controversial among Testers/Gms, I don't just mean the damage debuff but also the other things that affect each class, I don't believe any decision will be made regarding that in the near future.

Antreon

#51 » Post by Antreon » 20 Jul 2017 01:59

Gnurg wrote:
08 Jul 2017 11:04
Antreon wrote:
01 Jul 2017 01:35

I don't think balance is the problem, but rather the number PvP interrested players. Lets assume you have 10 % 'hard core PvPeers' among the population. With the peak 400 players online, that would leave 40 players during the most active times. That would hopefully mean 20 active arena teams. But... these players will also have to PvE and raids tend to be held during peak times (raids create the peaks rather). Maybe it would leave us with 10 teams (both teammates would have to be free from raids and RL=> unlikely). Among those 10 teams there would be some skill difference, both in MMR and being better. If you're very good at the game, you will likely never face a new opponent before 10 minutes have passed and once that game is over they'll dodge you. Finally, you have balance issues, why would you bother playing scissor versus rock? And maybe there's no paper team? But the balance doesn't really matter much due to all the problems above.

Arena tournament, which from my PoV was the only successful PvP server had an population of 1000-2000 active PvP players, so it would equal a 10000-20000 population PvE server (if my 10 % assumption is right for PvE servers). They also didn't have any PvE that would distract them.

I don't think you will ever experience a really active PvP scene here, just some casual arenas and battlegrounds with the same people. One thing that might help would be enabling random battleground, as it got quite tedious playing Warsong Gulch everytime.

If you're concerned about balancing, you should join the tester team. They did look at balancing before the core switch, maybe they're still working on it?

i dont think the problem is the number of pvp instrested players i think it all comes down to rewards

JCarrill0

#52 » Post by JCarrill0 » 10 Aug 2017 23:25

I'm curious to know if any guilds had player in Tier 3 when they entered Kara.

Anesthesia
Former Staff

#53 » Post by Anesthesia » 10 Aug 2017 23:31

Some classes could use their t3 for set bonuses, I believe restoration druid and hunter sets are quite good, some offset pieces are also really nice, old trinkets and some weapons as well.
No one can see what's in my pocket.

JCarrill0

#54 » Post by JCarrill0 » 10 Aug 2017 23:38

Anesthesia wrote:
10 Aug 2017 23:31
Some classes could use their t3 for set bonuses, I believe restoration druid and hunter sets are quite good, some offset pieces are also really nice, old trinkets and some weapons as well.
Yes when I was on retail, The tier 3 I used for Holy Paladin was just too good to pass up. With the enchants I had, and the Set bonus it was just as good as the Heroic Blues other had, but I will say I was the lowest healer and it ALL was replaced in Kara, lol.

Dunkelstein

#55 » Post by Dunkelstein » 26 Sep 2017 21:56

Flooded wrote:
31 May 2017 14:54
  • Hunter - Aimed Shot damage scaling increased by 65% in PvE environments
  • Hunter - Multishot Damage scaling increased by 85% in PvE environments
How come Multishot is buffed by 85% and Aimed Shot by 'only' 65%?
Multishot is hitting harder than Aimed Shot on single target now for most hunters.
Aka Funkelstein